Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Quest XI

Curratum

I'm still waiting for my new CPU to arrive so I can play with more than 20 fps in cities, so I think I'll ask some preemptive questions here...

Concerning the grind, if I fight a decent number of mobs on the way between points of interest and sidetracks, will I be able to get by fine on normal, without draconian modifiers? I just don't want to get to the point where you despawn the whole area to be able to beat a boss.

Fred

Learned
I'm still waiting for my new CPU to arrive so I can play with more than 20 fps in cities, so I think I'll ask some preemptive questions here...

Concerning the grind, if I fight a decent number of mobs on the way between points of interest and sidetracks, will I be able to get by fine on normal, without draconian modifiers? I just don't want to get to the point where you despawn the whole area to be able to beat a boss.
Yeah, on normal it's overkill to kill everything, really. Just play normally, no farm required.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just found my first mimic thing, and it almost wiped my party.

They are always strong in DQ, bug in this one they critical hit like 75% of the time and OHKO'd everyone. I was lucky that rab is with me as the NPC in battle and he knows zing

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I'm having trouble fitting Jade into my party. It currently consists of the Hero, Erik (great dps), Veronica (awesome magic dps) and Serena (awesome healing).

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
hard to say no to naginata gurls they are p. kewl

FCHeK2Q.jpg

troupeg

Educated
Just found my first mimic thing, and it almost wiped my party.

They are always strong in DQ, bug in this one they critical hit like 75% of the time and OHKO'd everyone. I was lucky that rab is with me as the NPC in battle and he knows zing
Cannibox's are really tough ESPECIALLY on Super Strong Monsters

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Someone made a "console command" mod which allows you to use the Unreal Engine cvars on-the-fly during game play instead of editing the ini files:

The thread for the mod: https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8526
The direct download: https://zenhax.com/download/file.php?id=5349&sid=ccc17120e6b107b09dce16ada93b239f
The full list of cvars: https://pastebin.com/GXh7MN2W

Here's a small mini-console I've made for Dragon Quest XI, so I could mess with the games cvars at runtime.

RVGHLRK.png

It's basically like a command console you'd find in older PC games, letting you view/change cvars while the game is running.
The readme file explains how to inject it into the game, how to use it, etc, only takes a minute to setup.
A list of cvars can be found here: https://pastebin.com/GXh7MN2W

Right now source code isn't included as it needs some UE4 headers + some small edits to them.
I'll probably write up a guide on copying the needed stuff from the UE4 src soon so that I can release the source without any UE4 code included.

Also this is hardcoded to DQXI patch 0 since it needs the offset to the FConsoleManager pointer, but it'd probably work on other UE4 games fine.
When I post the code it should be pretty simple to make it work with other games, you basically only need the headers of the UE4 version it uses (of course don't bother trying to use it with any MP games, something like this would be detected instantly)

If you have any problems or feedback feel free to make a reply, also I'll update this thread if I make any new changes.
(also if it doesn't run for you, you might need the VC2017 redist installed: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x64.exe )

Sentinel

Arcane
unknown.png

Just finished the game, clocked 93 hours. Enjoyed it very much and it became one of my fav JRPGs, despite it trying to be overly ambitious with the plot which ends up creating an immensely stupid oversight with a side character. I can't believe they didn't catch it in development.
Anyway I strongly recommend people not to stop playing when they defeat the "final boss".

Paper

Educated
Just switch on strong monsters and this game is fucking great. I didn't try it without strong monsters but unless it barely buffs them I'd assume its way too easy without them, the 'draconian' monsters just puts it on the level of DQIII. Also IGN were triggered by the puff puffs so that's great!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Strong monsters is a must if you arent a retard.

I also wish i picked up no exp thing, but i was 20 hours in when i realize i am overlevelled. (Got lucky and killed 2 metal slimes in thr desert while doing the wild side quest and it buffed my party members around 2 levels, especially veronica,serena and sylv)

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Strong monsters is a must if you arent a retard.

I also wish i picked up no exp thing, but i was 20 hours in when i realize i am overlevelled. (Got lucky and killed 2 metal slimes in thr desert while doing the wild side quest and it buffed my party members around 2 levels, especially veronica,serena and sylv)

I was feeling exactly the same at one point. No spoiling, but I'd explored quite a bit between main quest locations and was thinking I'd ruined the challenge by doing so because the wandering mobs were pretty easy and I did a certain boss first time. Judging by what you said earlier about the cannibox, I think it was about the same point you're at now.

I can guarantee you that you still have challenges ahead. Everything only gets tougher with extra strong mobs. Fantastic game.

Hyperion

Arcane
Game was starting to feel pretty easy right around recruiting Jade and Rab. Then the rest of the world opened up, and enemies started to drop the fucking hammer every fight. Sea fights are no joke right now. I almost got wiped out by a random encounter of 2 orcs and some Frogfucker with a Mullet on one of the little islands. The first boss after that is a real pain in the dick too.

Fucking Tentacular, hitting Serena 4 times in a row when you "let loose fists" isn't random you cocksucker. Even with the Cannon to start the battle with him confused didn't help much, because Veronica's Sap missed 7 times in a row, and Jade spent half the fight asleep because fuck you. Pretty sure nobody but the Hero even got to attack because of the Sap and Sleep bullshit. Fortunately, nigga hits like a truck fully Oomph'd out when he's Pepped Up with a Greatsword, and Sylvando in the party. Think it hit for like 650 or so. In retrospect, I probably should have grinded a few fights out, and went in Pepped Up. 24 felt a bit low to be fighting him, but everyone survived on my 2nd attempt. 1st was total bullshit, Serena and Veronica were both killed from 100% to 0 before I could make a move, because Tentacular went last 1 round, then first the next even though I had double agility buffs on my whole party. Not going to waste my Yggdrasill Leaves on a fight that should have been a cakewalk. Also, Zing never works in battle. Probably would not have survived if I didn't rush Hustle Dance with Sylv. That fag is best boy right now.

Last edited:

polo

Magister
So, i think i levelled too much (damn game giving me metal slimes so early), and game became kind of easy again even with tougher monsters. Anyways, im skipping random encounters for a while so the game becomes 'hard' again.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh god why did no one tell me this game doesn't have a proper kb+m support. Are they gonna patch it in at any point by a chance? I guess I could get used to mouse being useless apart from moving the camera, but why on earth is the esc button unchangeably bound to exiting the game, why can't I navigate the combat menu using WSAD and why is confirm and examine the same button. Still can't figure out what button to bind it to so it doesn't feel retarded.

I really want to play but steam regional pricing is p. screwed in this title. This is around 3500 INR (~ 49 USD ) and is way too much considering that 3500 INR is enough to enjoy a decent hooker and booze for a night in this shithole.

Guise can someone gib me a key for this please?

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Are you fucking kidding me

You can't name your character

Erdrick

In the US release of Dragon Quest 11. Is it the same for other regions.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
You also can't name him Jesus or Robert and other stuff like common swear words as well. OMG JAPANESE TYRANNY!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom