Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Quest XI

Sentinel

Arcane
you do know you can level up multiple skills at the same time without having to navigate the board at all, right?

Of course, you dipshit.

That was not what he was complaining about.

The more you stupid fuckers post without any understanding AT ALL, the more I have to agree the codex hivemind is a retarded retarded bunch of ne'er do wells.

In other words, go suck a dick, you retarded faggot.

Zep--
Why are you so butthurt? That's not the issue he was complaining about, but that's the issue that you were complaining about while you completely misunderstood what that other guy's post was about.

Fucking dumbass. The shit protruding from your brain must be covering your screen or something I swear.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Horse racing is pure :x

why do you feel this way? I've only done the first 2 optional races but did them both on hard and beat them the first try... it is dead simple.. hold the turbo button from the start, use the drift button around corners, always pick up the stamina juice... and some of the tracks have a shortcut you can take...

I find the horse racing to fucked up to control (PS4), always running into walls and shit at speed. I gave up on trying more races when I completed the story race.

Zep--

are you using the button that lets you drift?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's my tactic I've used throughout the game (on normal).

Everyone "fight wisely", except the healer (syl or veron usually), healers are set to "focus on healing"

IF I barely lose, go grind 2 levels of hero (and whoever else levels) , apply skill points to all and try again.

Only once did I have to grind more than 2 levels. I think I had to grind 4 levels to kill some thing for Nautica Queen.

So that's how I set my peeps. I don't fuck around with equipment or accessories, I don't craft special shit.

I hit the "fight" button and auto-battle while I drink beer.

I don't care how long auto-battle takes, i'll hit the button and do other more important shit, like read about how you stupid fucks die because you had to set the game to "MUH HARD".

There is no strategy to hard, just a bunch of stupid micro-management of each peep.

Fuck that noise.

Zep--

veronica as a healer?

what the fuck am I reading? does she even have any healing spells?

also the horse races are fine maybe you are just bad at racing games

I'm talking about the process of your former party members gradually rejoining your party over time in the latter half. I didn't mention reallocating skillpoints at all.

Your're a retard you stupid faggot.

All your party IS there except for the skills you assigned them initially.

I don't know what game you faggots are playing, but its not DQ11.

Zep--

:nocountryforshitposters:

Look at this spoilered image (except if you're lurking this thread and not very far yet)
kJ8Mrgb.jpg

Do you notice something missing? For instance, 3 party members that you have in the starting hours of the game?

I would have preferred if all of your former party members were to rejoin your party earlier. I've found their quests interesting, but it still would've been preferable to pick and choose who I take along. The latter part of the game is pretty great but that's my one critique.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eternal Hobo said:
Dorian Grey sux hlep

I feel your pain. She's a total bitch if you come in unprepared.

The accessory you want is Safety Goggles. At +3 they give +25% beguilement resistance, and they stack. Feel free to go ham and buy 7 of them if you want, they're cheap and should be pretty easy to rework by the time you need them. The Hero can wear Gemma's Charm, which gives +30% resistance, so no need for a second goggle for him.

I'd also second the previous advice about Serena and Sylvando, together they can keep everything under control. After that it's just a matter of the standard "buff the shit out of someone and sap the boss", and hope that Dora doesn't do her auto-crit 4-5 times in a row.

Just leveling helps a ton as well. You can make 34 inside the painting with no need to resort to slime hunting.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
zep is a casual gamer, and that's okay.. remember that he made a trainer for grimoire to make it a popamole game so he could actually play it

then got banned from steam discussion forums for bein' a shitter

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Do you notice something missing? For instance, 3 party members that you have in the starting hours of the game?

You mean the 3 party members Hendrick is looking at (off screen) while he looks to his right?

Again, go suck a dick faggot.

Zep--

Last edited by a moderator:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Grimoire IS a pop-a-mole-game.

The biggest pop-mole-shit for an RPG released in the last 30 years.

Prove me wrong, cum suckers.

Zep--

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
[Video starts at relevant point]

Here's some good footage showing off all of the "retro zones" you can visit in the 3DS ver. of DQ11:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
[reads Zep's recent posts]

Nice to see even a jolly game like DQ11 can make someone lose their marbles

Hyperion

Arcane
[Video starts at relevant point]

Here's some good footage showing off all of the "retro zones" you can visit in the 3DS ver. of DQ11:

When they release it for Switch, this will probably be included. Also, party member #4 is a decent sized spoiler for anyone not there yet.

Fred

Learned
Finished it ! Only the first ending tho,
which finished with a "To be continued", so...
The ending music is nowhere near the epicness it was in DQ8.
Took me 82 hours. Entered the last dungeon at level 43, was destroyed by the first boss, so I finished the quest that gives 4 pep pips and I could use the Hauleluyah-Electrolight combo 4 times.
First 3 times that gave me around 100k XP, then I was over lvl50 so I got a king metal and got 300k xp which propelled me to lvl53. Finished lvl54 and wiped on the last last boss once (which is bad news, the fight took me an hour so when you wipe you're angry).

Post-game time !

Kaivokz

Arcane
Beat the Phnom Nohm boss today w/ harder monsters. Party level 25. Strategy was: Serena snap, crackle, pop + def. boost on everyone. Rab + Hero 0-pep Sylv for that's amore+hustle. Rab uses healing rain and then Sap until it works. Hero use overhead chop and spot heal. Swap Serena for Jade, then do Hero + Sylv for full party + attack. Hip bounce + that's amore + overhead chop. Took me about four tries. Tough fight.

Don't forget about Accelerattle!

Is agility good? Turn order doesn't really matter since everyone gets a turn every round anyway. I've been giving Rab some agility since I think I read somewhere in game that it increases evade chance and I've pumped his raw +evade to 18% between trinket/claw skills/evasion robe, but I don't know how the agility stat actually works.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Agility is super good later on when you have enemies that go first who are capable of all-inning one of your chars before they get a chance to act. I suppose it's mitigated slightly by being able to change out chars on the fly, but remember, that new char doesn't get to act until the next turn... when the enemies will go first again.

Being able to open a fight with Helichopter/Gigasmash and the nuke of your choice from Veronica is really nice to clear out those annoying little shits that are fast and have the potential to use nasty AoE attacks (high powered breath attacks etc) or multi-hit abilities. Think tigger babies or dragon slimes, etc.

mogwaimon

Magister
I started a few days ago with draconian quests Stronger Monsters and No EXP from weaklings, been about 20-25 hours and goddamn it feels like I've barely started the game. I haven't played a new JRPG in a while and this is my first modern DQ, having only played DQ1 and 2 on NES some time ago, so it's a little daunting.

Was stuck on Slayer of the Sands for a bit until I got my party to level 15/16, and just now beat Jasper at Gondolia with a clutch 3 people dead Sylvando at 9 HP finishing him off with fire breath. I know, I know, I suck at the game, but it's good that things are difficult. Last time a JRPG challenged me was the FF6 Brave New World hack and I loved that, so yea.

Like many of you guys I've got the Hero using Greatswords, he can put out some pretty sick damage, but his tankiness leaves something to be desired. In fact, none of my characters really fit a good tank role. Starting to get some good buffs/debuffs though and when I can get the debuffs to stick and have turns to apply the buffs properly, things tend to go my way. Sylvando doesn't really fill a niche in my party yet and doesn't have anything he's really great at, but hoping that is rectified later on because he's a bro, but I might just end up sticking with Hero/Erik/Veronica/Serena. Might switch out Erik for Jade once I get her if her damage dealing is better, Erik is falling behind a bit since he doesn't have dual-wield yet and I've got him with knives, but we'll see.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Sylvando doesn't really fill a niche in my party yet and doesn't have anything he's really great at, but hoping that is rectified later on because he's a bro, but I might just end up sticking with Hero/Erik/Veronica/Serena. Might switch out Erik for Jade once I get her if her damage dealing is better, Erik is falling behind a bit since he doesn't have dual-wield yet and I've got him with knives, but we'll see.

Sylvando becomes a really good healer (he’ll probably be your best healer for a few bosses at least if you unlock his hustle dance). He can also do damage near greatsword hero with that’s amore. Oomph is super useful on hero/physical characters, and his pep with hero can translate into a ton of damage. He can also apply useful status effects for combos with Erik (I find his confuse dance goes off pretty regularly). Give him a shield and his natural HP growth makes him pretty tanky (able to withstand most desperate attacks from bosses even at the appropriate level).

A final tip is that you can go through one of his earlier trees, buy a panel in showmanship, and then reset the earlier tree. Right now my Sylvando is 5/8 showmanship and 0 points in anything else.

I haven’t unlocked or looked at the expanded skill trees that you apparently get later, so I can’t comment on those.

Fred

Learned
I arrive in the postgame, very confident.
Here is some Griffin, let's make fun off him.
Kafrizzle he says, and everyone find they miss 320HP.
Then he grabs Hero for 250 damage and kills him.

It doesn't rhyme, but I'm angry.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom