Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Drakensang: Phileasson's Secret Review

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Drakensang

<p>Gamebanshee <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/106107-drakensang-phileassons-secret-review.html" target="_blank">reviews</a> the expansion to Drakensang: The River of Time,&nbsp;<strong>Phileasson's Secret</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span>Ultimatelly, missed opportunities is kind of the theme of this add-on. They picked a great, unique setting to work in, did a good job on the visuals and crafted a solid story, but effectively ruin it by offering it in the form of a tedious combat romp. This add-on is currently 10 bucks on Steam, and the core game is 20 bucks, and that totals up to a great value for one of the better RPGs released this year. But if you've already finished the main game, I wouldn't jump on this post-game content unless you're desperately itching for more.</span></p>
</blockquote>

Phelot

Arcane
Well, the first Drakensang was well known for it's awful mob combat that never ended and from what I've heard, Phileasson's Secret threw out what made TRoT awesome in favor of the originals.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That would be what the review being mentioned in the newspost you're replying to literally says, the above.

commie said:
Here it's a 'tedious combat romp' but with a Bioware or Bethesda label it would be 'an expansive and visceral action packed journey!'

From me? Heh. No.

Captain Shrek

commie said:
Here it's a 'tedious combat romp' but with a Bioware or Bethesda label it would be 'an expansive and visceral action packed journey!'

:/ :(

skyst

Augur
This expansion was dreadful, I would avoid it.

That said, I rather enjoyed Drakensang 2: The River of Time. Pick up the base game and skip the expansion.

Phelot

Arcane
Brother None said:
That would be what the review being mentioned in the newspost you're replying to literally says, the above.

:D I didn't notice who wrote the review until now.

Monolith

Prophet
Didn't play any of the Drakensang games except River of Time and quit that after about 10 hours because of tedious mob combat. The other Drakensangs are even worse?

Have to add that I didn't enjoy the combat there one bit.

Phelot

Arcane
If you didn't like River of Time then you'll definitely hate the first one.

I think the most frustrating part of the first game is that it seemed to have a cool system, but the combat just tried your nerves until you gave up.

I didn't think River of Time had that much combat, though and when it did, they tended to be fairly decent encounters.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I Agree with Litch above, the combat was just enough to get the XP needed to unlock all the tratis your PC needed and not enough to be tedius. I like the origins too.... Hope those in AoD will be as good. Only thing which was.... bleh was sweety and shining setting.... but well made Art direction helped me to ignored it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom