Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Drakensang: The River of Time Review

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Game is in the bargain bins here and has been so for ages. First rpg in a long time that actually comes with a hefty paper manual btw. 70 pages or something.

Shame they went down. Drakensang II is a damn fine rpg.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Brother None said:
Blackadder said:
There is a way, yes. And I am over feeling bad about this way, under the circumstances. Not that it has even been released in the UK either...nor will it ever be I am guessing.

The UK? You can definitely just order the English localized DVD-ROM from one of those Dutch or Belgian stores. Shipping can't be that bad within the EU.

What's a good shop to import from to the US? Googling it comes up with endless Dutch ovens and Belgian waffles. Amazon.de seems to only have the non-English version.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gosling said:
getter77 said:
I suppose there's a chance that somebody will get to try again on The Dark Eye RPG front, though with this being the 2nd time a "series" has wound up tanking with it...

So did Shadows Over Riva tank at the time of its release? How was it accepted in Germany and internationally? Why no sequels were made after it?
SoR was criticized for having outdated graphics. I do recall one review in particular stating that it wouldn't have hurt the game if the pseudo-3D view had been removed altogether.

The German publisher also released the game at an unusually low price, which may not have worked out as well as hoped.

Trash said:
Game is in the bargain bins here and has been so for ages. First rpg in a long time that actually comes with a hefty paper manual btw. 70 pages or something.

Shame they went down. Drakensang II is a damn fine rpg.

What are some decent shops there to order from? Perhaps I could try Dutch Ebay?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Blackadder said:
What's a good shop to import from to the US? Googling it comes up with endless Dutch ovens and Belgian waffles. Amazon.de seems to only have the non-English version.

As I said, Budget Gaming is a great site to check.

I'm poking around a bit. It looks like Bol, which I'm most familiar with, doesn't ship games outside of the Netherlands and Belgium. Same for GCShop. Same for All4Games, though they add Germany.

this seems like a good bet, though I've never used that specific shop. But the shipping is hefty. 4 EUR if you live within the EU, 15 EUR outside of the EU.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Brother None said:
Blackadder said:

As I said, Budget Gaming is a great site to check.

I'm poking around a bit. It looks like Bol, which I'm most familiar with, doesn't ship games outside of the Netherlands and Belgium. Same for GCShop. Same for All4Games, though they add Germany.

this seems like a good bet, though I've never used that specific shop. But the shipping is hefty. 4 EUR if you live within the EU, 15 EUR outside of the EU.

Thanks, I appreciate you doing my work for me. I will wait a bit longer to see if the UK gets a boxed release, but I have a feeling I will be falling back on these sites.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Indeed it's hmmm... great game with shity marketing oposite to Biowhore and Bethpizda. Is the expansion Philesonn's secret worth buying? It had mixed reviews but still claimed to be above Ass effect/Dragon Turd dlcs. :?

dragonfk

Erudite
Well supposedly it consists of combat combined with not much else.

Morkar Left

Exactly. It was rushed because of bankrupt. If you want more filler combat or just can't get enough of RoT it is good. Otherwise you can ignore it.

Stalin

Scholar
this game needs bloberts fist of approval

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom