Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Windows 8 is the reason we can't have nice things. What about Windows 10? It seems most people will update to that version anyway, so he might be wasting time with Windows 8.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Better safe than sorry. Many people kept using Vista even after the superior Windows 7 was released.

PeeWee

Augur
Fortunately, I heard from Dr. Dungeon again. There is a little news: he has to type many lines carefully, including checking for typing-errors in many variables and that after that he will have to run many tests. After that he should be able to get the official demo to me for testing. He should get it to me through "Dropbox" (not to be confused with "DOSBox"). I checked the forum on Dr. Dungeon’s Internetsite and wrote Dr. Dungeon:
"I think you made a mistake in "tale tales". Please check."
Dr. Dungeon wrote back:
"You're right, but I can't edit it once its posted. I meant "tall tales". I was typing pretty fast."

PeeWee

Augur
How come there are 32 pages in this thread so suddenly, while the number was 26 before? It does not look like anything new was posted. By the way, in my previous post I meant "variables and then after that he" or "variables and after that he" instead of "variables and that after that he".

DrDungeon

Developer
There will be a link on the site to download the full version. It will install over the demo, preserving any save games made in the demo. I expect this to be up in a few days,
maybe a week at most.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There will be a link on the site to download the full version. It will install over the demo, preserving any save games made in the demo. I expect this to be up in a few days,
maybe a week at most.

I don't understand. Are you releasing the full game for free?

DrDungeon

Developer
No - just the demo. Full game will be about $14.95 There will be a widget that links to the Humble Store. And hopefully, Madman is slowly but surely crawling its way up the Steam list!

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Meanwhile it's time to bump the gog thread. Good luck, DrDungeon! :)

DrDungeon

Developer
Dr. Dungeon's MADMAN! Is now available for purchase on the site, as well as the demo. If you buy the full version, just let it install over the demo to preserve any saved games.

http://www.machgryphon.com/

I'm a little surprised Madman doesn't have its own thread by now. Its quite separate from the old games.

Also, we have this from Infinitron, April 5th, 2013:

"It gets a newspost as soon as the Doctor releases a demo.
I see this game as the bizarro Grimoire. Based on Ultima rather than Wizardry, made by a genial old guy rather than a snarky Neanderthal."

Very nice, congrats on the release! 14,99 seems like a fair price, too.

One thing you might want to consider is offering some extras, e.g., some avatars, wallpapers, maybe a cluebook of sorts, or a map. Some people care about this kind of stuff and it might help you move a few additional copies (or convince people to not wait for an eventual sale/price drop).

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Please let this game be on steam by helping the greenlight :/
Can't buy anything not on steam in my country

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
It does not start on my pc (win 10). I can see the demo in the task manager though.

likaq

Arcane
i can accept the game looking like Ultima 6 or 7, but the cheap 3D used for character portraits is truly awful

Roflmao.

These 'cheap 3D character portraits' and inventory model are the only passable parts of gfx in this game.
Rest is so fucking ugly it's not even funny.

Lhynn

Arcane
Roflmao.

These 'cheap 3D character portraits' and inventory model are the only passable parts of gfx in this game.
Rest is so fucking ugly it's not even funny.
Maybe im too far gone, but i actually like the aesthetics of the game.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Okay so I made a character, talked to Tammy, walked around a bit at the beach, accidentally spent all my money on a melee skill shrine and got promptly killed by some Thrashers. I had no idea what was going on most of the time but it was intriguing, will give it another go.

The graphics quality doesn't bother me but damn, everything's so small I had to actually squint at times. Is there a way to zoom in or do I have to lower my screen resolution? The music, on the other hand, was very enjoyable.

pavis

Educated
There is no option to customize keys in the settings, maybe in a config file ?
It's a bit annoying for us, azerty keyboard users.

crpgnut

Augur
A couple of weird things that I noticed. When rolling a character if you mess with any of the attributes, all the skill values re-roll to random numbers again. It would make sense that if you raise attributes that skills would go up, but not re-roll.

I got to the first dungeon and cleared all the areas that weren't warded. Not sure how to get past the wards, but I didn't really mess with it either. Just testing the waters mostly. I saw enough last night to buy the game.

I came over here from the Watch, since they're not talking about it at all.

I laugh everytime I see my join date vs number of posts here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom