Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Drulan - Indie MMORPG

Zdzisiu

Arcane
At least those dudes seem to have produced some games. The page for their game studio provides info on only two projects:

1. Space Jump, a free mobile game for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.octogames.spacejump#details-reviews in which you play as "astraunot" (Probably some kind of alien).
2. Mlop, some kind of a 3D adventure game. I must admit, saying the name of the game produces a most intriguing sound. But sadly we cant learn more about this game because the website for it expired and they didnt renew it.

Some screens from their portfolio:
DesertBleu.jpg
DRGelax.jpg

There are some other screenshots presented on their website, from some other games that seem to have never become anything more than a couple of concept arts and work-in-progress screenshots.

Well, I would personally trust such an experienced developer with all my money, but sadly I dont have any.

Mustawd

Your community seems to exist only to spoil what is presented there

:hmmm: Go on....

I have seen with other games present here.

Yes, very successful ones at that.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-hitting-ass-and-leg-oh-god-its-heavan.98790/

If you have anything constructive to add i will read it with pleasure otherwise no need to continue on a trolling way

Oh god its heavan!*

*please don't misquote me on twitter!!

EDIT: You really should read the thread linked above. It's a perfect example of how a developer didn't listen to a ton of valid criticisms. Also, the memes and the jokes are great.

Sawcisson

Literate
I don't mind of negative comments , you know it always teach us something and help us rise and get better result , we will provide you weekly updates and news and i'm hoping that you will criticise it but only if it's constructive and help us move on.

ALl the things you sorted here are taken in our minds and we will work on making it better.

Thanks to those who give their support

Angthoron when will i be able to edit my posts ? so i could make that main post look good since actually it's a bit a mess but i can't edit it.

Angthoron

Arcane
Angthoron when will i be able to edit my posts ? so i could make that main post look good since actually it's a bit a mess but i can't edit it.
Either at 10 posts or once you're 1 month old, can't remember which.

If you can't edit at 10 posts, you should at least be able to send PMs, so if you send me an edited version, I can update it for you.

Mustawd

Angthoron when will i be able to edit my posts ?

In 1 year of if you become a patron to the site. I'm serious. If you are a member less than one year you can only edit within 5 minutes or so IIRC.

EDIT: Being a patron or a member for more than 1 year you can edit a post from 8 years ago that you made if you like. Also, what Angthoron said.

Sawcisson

Literate
At least those dudes seem to have produced some games. The page for their game studio provides info on only two projects:

1. Space Jump, a free mobile game for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.octogames.spacejump#details-reviews in which you play as "astraunot" (Probably some kind of alien).
2. Mlop, some kind of a 3D adventure game. I must admit, saying the name of the game produces a most intriguing sound. But sadly we cant learn more about this game because the website for it expired and they didnt renew it.

DesertBleu.jpg
DRGelax.jpg

There are some other screenshots presented on their website, from some other games that seem to have never become anything more than a couple of concept arts and work-in-progress screenshots.

Well, I would personally trust such an experienced developer with all my money, but sadly I dont have any.

The other concept art or games you see on our portfolio our usually work we produced for different clients , which for some are published or dead .

If you want more informations on those games we will provide you some links

Sawcisson

Literate
Either at 10 posts or once you're 1 month old, can't remember which.

If you can't edit at 10 posts, you should at least be able to send PMs, so if you send me an edited version, I can update it for you.

Okay perfect i will send you the edited version soon , thank you

Edit: and for sure if you have any questions or feedbacks we will hapilly sicuss it with you

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane

DesertBleu.jpg
DRGelax.jpg

The other concept art or games you see on our portfolio our usually work we produced for different clients , which for some are published or dead .

If you want more informations on those games we will provide you some links
I dont doubt that you produced the concept art or in game assets for other games. At least your artist seems to have some kind of talent and a fair amount of different work on his deviant art.

I just wonder, after looking at Space Jump and MLOP, what makes you convinced that you will be able to deliver an mmorpg, probably the most difficult and resource intensive type of game, with just 3 people with limited experience?

duanth123

Arcane
There has got to be a better way for european shovelware developers to learn English than by making games.

You forgot this, btw

I can't say anything more over it , this is it and we can't denie it but it's a harmless act

Your community seems to exist only to spoil what is presented there, as I have seen with other games present here.
If you have anything constructive to add i will read it with pleasure otherwise no need to continue on a trolling way

I was making the humorous observation that your "announcement", for an English language game, was so terribly constructed (you linked to a removed video!) and lacking in basic presentation polish that it would be better to believe that you were simply attempting to learn English by producing a game than actually attempting to create interest in and eventually profit from a real one, much less an Ultima Online -esque MMO.

You then proceeded to misquote me and characterize me as some xenophobe rather than understand my point.

Consider also what you apparently haven't realized.

I went to the trouble of looking up your company's website and your youtube page just so I could actually post some gameplay footage for other posters, some of whom might potentially be interested.

Would I have done that if my goal was just to have a laugh at you?

I have backed more indie devs than I can recall, including devs whose first language was not English, but who had the basic common sense to create a decent first impression on me and others.

Last edited:

Sawcisson

Literate
and for sure if you have any questions or feedbacks we will hapilly sicuss it with you
Get a browser with a spellchecker. Feedbacks or hapilly, which is better and why? Sicuss!

and for sure if you have any questions or feedbacks we will hapilly sicuss it with you
Get a browser with a spellchecker. Feedbacks or hapilly, which is better and why? Sicuss!

Yes i saw those mistakes but it was too late to edit it when i saw them since this forum don't offer any viable editing options .

duanth123 oh i see your point when you describe it like that but for me it sounded pretty aggressive and little thoughted , if you are really looking for me to delete that twitter message feel free to ask me for it .
I may have misunderstood you , and for the presentation i totaly agree with you that it's BAD and NOT POLISHED but i got the problem wich was that i wasn't able to edit it when i wanted to , and due to this it was a pain for me.
I thanks you for taking your time and going trought our social media.
About Ultima Online we are not trying to make a clone , it's just our inspiration and our general thought about MMO . We thought that this will give a direction to the readers about what to expect from this.

Zdzisiu Then answering to your questions about our work , what i do , what is my experience and the experience of my team . This is a good question that must be answered.

So i do a lot of concept art but on the first level , my artist then work on them for the public level.
I finished high level school in IT in switzerland and specialized in C# devlopment, also i did management and marketing courses and later Animation and video games studies , i worked with many IT company in Switzerland and then launched my own business LT where we worked mainly on softwares and websites making some succesfull product. After a while and always being passionate about video games i started working as a freelancer and later managed to form our actual team wich work on full time adding to that some freelancer we hire for some projects.
We worked on fishing simulator , Oil digging simulator , infinite runner games , word ladder games and with all this we got some good experience on managing project and building good structures.

If you want i can give you some of my concept art work for you to check.

Why do we think that this project migh go to an actual end ?

First of all this project was a small side project we were working on trought the years , we realized a big Game Design Document containing hundred of pages with various informations from the technical to the artistic side. Going on this way we had a fully working server and game we have all the main functionnality allready implemented in the game and our server was tested to supporrt thousand of concurrent user.
So we thought about it , talked and decided to really make that project come to life and started replacing placeholder by real 3D model , drawing some concept art and working on the real story behind it.
If i could give you the main features we have that are fully working and those that are pretty much finished i'll tell you this :
-Server with database
-Instance system (100%)
-Quest system (100%)
-Dialogue system (100%)
-Character customization (65%)
-Races system (100%)
-Faction player based (80%)
-Mount system ; flying,swimming,grounded (100%)
-Vocal chat (30%)
-House building system (100%)
-Village,Cities and Kingdom (20%)
-Crafting (100%)
-Skills , Power and effects (100%)
-Gathering,Grinding (100%)
-NPC (100%)
-Dungeons (75%)
-Item wearing (80%)
-Player functionnality (80%)
-Loot system (100%)
-Economy (Currency,Trading,Shop,Player Shop) (80%)
-PVP system (90%)
-Duel system (50%)
-Day/Night System (60%)
-Grouping (80%)
-Setting menu (80%)
-Durability/Weight system (65%)

So here are the major features that are ready and based on this we think that we can easily finish that project and also taking in this case the fact that we are actually talking with investors for a futur colaboration and financial investment wich will let us hire more worker and produce the project with a better quality.

Doctor Sbaitso ?

EDIT: i'm so happy , now my messages don't need administrator approval before being posted :)

Mustawd

Sawcisson

So is the game in English? Because, no offense, if it is then I'm a bit worried about the quality of text and how readable it would be.

Sawcisson

Literate
The game is planned to be in french and english at first , don't worry about the quality of texts they will all be proof read and completed by professional translators.

EDIT: But i understand your worries about it , and we understand it too and want to have some quality texts.

We have actually send all our texts for an official correction by english translators since we realized that the quality of our english is not the optimal one.

Once all this done we will update the website and for sure the presentation of it on forums

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

Grinding, like what? Let's have some examples.

Sawcisson

Literate

Grinding, like what? Let's have some examples.

Yes i can give you some examples , maybe i used the wrong term while writing it and i'ts not grinding.

So we have gathering (ressources mostly) you will go out chop some trees , collect stones or maybe have a farm and gather your cereal. Here come the Grinding part where you will be able to grind that material to be then able to transform it in something else ; for example you chop a tree and you got a log then you can grind that log to make other wood component and the same for you cereal or for the stones .

Was i clear enough for you ?

If you have any other questions i'm available :)

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Yes very clear. I think grinding then is covered under crafting.

Can you grind wheat into flour and then make dough bake bread or a pie?

Sawcisson

Literate
Yes it could be covered under crafting , yes you can grind your wheat into flour and then bake bread , pie etc...
All depend on your skills , if you are a good cook you will be able to make a better food for example if you want to do an apple pie then you will need to be X strong in cooking skill and have some water , flour and apples to bake a pie.

Don Peste

Arcane
And sugar, although I know some people who dislike sweet pies. What's the tradition in Switzerland?

Sawcisson

Literate
In Switzerland it's often an apple pie with cream , sugar dough , cinnamon.

But yes sugar is an important part of an apple pie :)

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Cream in apple pie!? Or do you mean on it? Do you have pics of a good Swiss pie?

Angthoron

Arcane
What role would one play in an apple pie? How many players would be able to be in a single instance of it without overloading the server?

Mustawd

I want to be an apple slice with a dash of cinnamon to highlight my character's oriental background. Also, because I have a chip on my shoulder, I'd like to have a *tiny* bit of nutmeg that accidentally was sprinkled on me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom