Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline DU broke shoutbox

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The shoutbox input bar gone while logged in as self. Baww!

What's the meaning of this? I demand, whine, to get shoutbox credentials back. In the case my pleas aren't answered, I'm gonna add insults to the list. So be very scared, and servile. Now fear, comprehensively.

As such, please explain the new requirements for shoutbox credentials.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Maybe your browser is fucked up as for me it's working fine. How can you be sure it's DU doing?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Wait, DU told you there are requirements for the shoutbox but didn't specify them? You sure you aren't being trolled?

Besides, Chrome is shit.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
there's clearly people posting in it so i say it's your problem

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Wait, DU told you there are requirements for the shoutbox but didn't specify them? You sure you aren't being trolled?

Besides, Chrome is shit.

Yeah, answered message according to lliteral meaning. Second sent, replied to ask on site feedback. Says first one to notice (input bar gone, apparently).

Firefaux shit too, due to different reasons. At least chrome doesn't freeze on disk activity.

Lhynn

Arcane
eh, getting the same thing too, both on chrome and IE.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Wish codex had IPv6, as that netblock isn't geolocated in a potato.

If indeed due to living inside a potato, it seems to be a temporary Light Overlord joke, even if not, hardly worth the effort of setting up a proxy.

Weasel
Yeah, answered message according to lliteral meaning. Second sent, replied to ask on site feedback.
So in your 4 days on the Codex you've posted nearly 50 messages, started multiple threads in site feedback, pm'd DU a couple of times, complained about the shoutbox?

I trust you've enjoyed this magical interlude. You'll be in line for a promotion soon, DU likes to reward enthusiastic new members.

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014
awor is a potato and is posting in the shoutbox just fine.
I'm just giving fellow potato what it wants. Potatoes like nothing more than feeling as though they are being persecuted for being potato, and thrive on self-pity and fear. Just look at what our media has to say about anything russian ever!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This thread is now for people to post whether or not the shoutbox works fine for them.

Works fine for me.

Lhynn

Arcane
No chat bar, so i cant post anything on it. I will miss it when im at work and got nothing to do.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
So if it's not logging from inside a potato, the determining factor seems to be 2013-2014 newfaggottitude. As far as wild mass guessing goes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom