Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - yet another Duke Nukem 3D rerelease

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://dukenukem.com

http://www.pcgamer.com/a-new-duke-nukem-game-may-be-announced-soon/

A new Duke Nukem game may be announced soon
A countdown is underway at the Duke Nukem website, and he's making noise on social media too.

I don't know if Duke Nukem Forever is really as bad as the legend that's sprung up around it makes out, but it sure wasn't good. Which is probably why, aside from a little spat with 3D Realms and Interceptor over what eventually became Bombshell (with a heavy emphasis on the “bomb,” as it turns out), Gearbox has been content to let the franchise lie quietly for the past half-decade. But that may be about to change.

Point yourself at dukenukem.com, lie to the age gate, and you'll be confronted with a “Happy 20th Anniversary” banner—Duke Nukem 3D was released in 1996—a “Coming Soon” warning, and a countdown that's currently got eight days and change left on the clock. That puts zero hour at 8:30 pm ET on September 1, a date that means... well, nothing, as far as I know. It's hard to imagine that it doesn't have some significance, if only because Thursday night is such an oddly specific time, but I have no idea what it might be.

Also of note: The Duke Nukem Facebook page has suddenly come back to life with its first new post since 2012, and a Duke Nukem Twitter account has appeared. Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford is currently bantering with it.

There's no guarantee that all of this will end in the announcement of a new game: We could be looking at Duke Nukem Forever DLC, or DNF Gold, or a Duke Anthology of some sort. But that's awfully unlikely. This a lot of effort, relatively speaking, for anything less than a new game reveal, especially since that's so obviously what people are going to expect. I've reached out to Gearbox to ask about what's going on, and while I don't imagine I'll hear back—why would they blow their own countdown?—I'll let you know if I do.

I bet it comes out before Grimoire.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
(Final thing: I couldn't get the site to load properly in Firefox, only in Chrome, so if you run into a “you cannot view this website” message after entering your birthdate, switch browsers.)

Gearbox quality

grudgebringer

Isn't that they should have released that Build 3D spin-off by now?

Astral Rag

Arcane
That game is being developed by Interceptor, the people responsible for Bombshell and ROTT 2013.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Coming next Thursday, yeah right.

Wake me up in 17 years when it releases and is a ateaming pile of shit.

Astral Rag

Arcane
The new Duke Nukem game being teased is called Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour, a remaster/remix of Duke Nukem 3D being developed by Nerve Software. Screenshots included

Somebody just recently leaked to me details on the new Duke Nukem title being teased on www.dukenukem.com . It is called Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour, and it is being developed by Nerve Software. The leaker sent me screenshots, which I have included below.

According to the leak, when talking about the screenshots:

"These are official. This is a Duke 3D remaster. In many ways, you can look at this game as a Duke Nukem 3D remix as there will be a lot of new/original content added in as well. From my understanding, these screens are just a handful out of a bunch of press shots that will be coming out in the following days."

They also said that there will be both Co-Op as well as deathmatch online although they are not 100% sure on it.

They also included a handful of official screenshots, including an image of the logo.

ydpb798.png

x5tx2zW.jpg

tTRLP1c.jpg

mvUBOvW.jpg

CbQXA3O.jpg

0IYNIaL.jpg

l6vqXHn.jpg

csajNnz.jpg

A horse of course

Enemy sprites looks the same. What's being remASStered? The lighting? eDuke already does all that shit. Not to mention a lot of those textures do not fit the existing assets at all. It's like somebody's fanmaps.

Good job wasting everyone's time again Infagitron.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Nerve made a pretty good Doom Episode a few years ago so I am interested in what looks like a new Episode for DN3D.

I couldn't care less about the "enhanced graphics" and I'm not going to pay for a new DN3D episode in the current year.

Could be worse though:

pc-43250-51334881764.jpg

pc-46175-41342831433.jpg

e1l2_dancer.jpg

eduke322011-04-1322-30-36-16-1.jpg

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Now it's also clear why they removed that other "Remaster", Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition from Steam earlier this year.

A horse of course

Now it's also clear why they removed that other "Remaster", Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition from Steam earlier this year.

I believe that was originally down to Devolver Digital having a limited distribution deal with Gearbox.

tormund

Arcane
P much.

Let us not forget this little thing either:
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/87377-gearbox-suing-eduke32-devs/

Gearbox is one of least likable companies in this industry, and that's quite something.
Duke IP couldn't possibly have fallen into worse hands, and I wouldn't touch anything they produce with it with a ten foot pole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom