Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dumbfuck Tag for Lyric Suite

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
How can kzero even read the conversation when he's probably ignoring everyone one on page 4?
You can set to display posts from ignored users I think. Maybe he does that all automatically and ignores just for lulz.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I know hiver just uses the ignore list as a "people who have wronged me in the past" reminder and still clicks on posts he's ignoring, maybe others do it too.

This is the case with at least 80% of users.. I haven't even noticed being on peoples ignore list - they still read my shit / brofist / respond to me.

I've had at least four codexers who told me over PM that they put me on ignore and later took me off because they admitted it was a quick trigger reaction to some edgy shit post I did and they realized later my posts are pretty awesome. (AKA they kept reading my posts after I was ignored and decided it wasn't so bad)

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
This is what happens when you give people the ability to brofist but not the ability to dislike. They resort to use the ignore function as a dislike button. You trigger someone in one post = ignore.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
This is what happens when you give people the ability to brofist but not the ability to dislike. They resort to use the ignore function as a dislike button. You trigger someone in one post = ignore.
Nope.

The point of fists is to show your approval to the message without spamming the thread with "<quote> lol, this".

Minuses mean that you disagree but you can as well reply to the post and explain what's the problem. So it encourages discussion instead of encouraging "repwhoring"

Reputation at the same time is retarded and it simply won't help "perma-triggered" people. I'll just show you few numbers:

LS has 23,948 brofists. One of the top codexers, other "interesting" posters - jcd 17,889, mastermind 16,386 - if somebody is triggered by LS he probably dislikes them as well.
If you can't deal with having to read somebody's posts - ignore them, if some people ignore everybody - their loss

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Judging posters by the amount of brofists they gather? This system is only encouraging one liners spewers and emote spammers to derive threads into schadenfreude fest and drive people with elaborate opinions away.

A post rating system would achieve the same goal, giving people an idea of how their opinions are viewed (feeling like a lone gunman is tiresome after a while) and not devolving into a karma e peen whoring contest.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't delude yourself. It is inevitable for it to turn into an e-peen whoring contest.

But that's because there's always whores in an open forum. People who make a thread about another poster needing a permanent butthurt tag. It is silly to think the Codex could be perfect. You have to deal with the imperfection of humanity. Well, that, or you could close registration and ban all morons.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Haters realise that having any kind of tag even the crappy one makes person feel special from all the others, right? So you're actually making them special cool guys who have all the tags and rebel against the community

Sjukob

Arcane
Since you've been speaking about brofists , can you tell me how did Ulminati earn that much ? Did he upload a video with Todd Howard sucking his dick or what ?

Machocruz

Arcane
A reminder for ignorefags

Tyler-the-creator-it-s-funny-cuz-its-true_0e6c35_5052691.jpg

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Nigger rappers are the funniest because the only thing that can legitimately attack them are female niggers. Which takes the sjw aback because there are few of them that know how to write let alone maintain blogs with more words than pictures.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom