Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Defenders

Angthoron

Arcane
A bro gifted me a copy and we played a coupld of maps at Normal with 4 players last night. Final waves seem to get quite challenging, considering how there's around 1K or so mobs on the final wave, plus, often, a special monster.

Seems kinda fun, though extremely consolized, the UI is rage-worthy for one, so is the "smart" aim lock.

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah, UI and target lock is a bummer. Had a few good 4 player games this evening with luck of the draw randoms. Game's a lot of fun with a bunch of players, get overwhelming numbers of enemies coming from everywhere.

Not sure I'll grab paid DLC for this but it's pretty alright.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Managed to start a game, but can't finish it. Servers died in the middle of the game (by myself!), and I don't feel like making an offline character, since it's fairly obvious any online play with offline characters is going to be filled with cheaters.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Servers still go down at random times. I finished two games today. Anyway, as of right now squires are way overpowered. They make up 90% of the leaderboards. Towers do way too much damage.

Multi-headed Cow

Nonsense. My ballista towers that penetrate monsters and one hit kill most enemies and my cannon ball towers that bounce around doing a bunch of damage are clearly equal to auras and wizard towers! CLEARLY!

Trendynet is a pain in the ass though. Then again I didn't expect it would have a closed system for hopefully cheat-free play, so that's kinda cool. Still have barely gotten any play in, between Trendynet going down and me being unusually busy and abandoning my PC Steam says I've played 7 hours of Dungeon Defenders but I've only gotten to the alchemist lab and played maybe 3 full games online.

Damned Registrations

Managed to finish an entire level finally. Squire is indeed brokenly OP, at least at the beginning. 414 damage in an AoE around the towers every second or so while my sword hits deal 22 and enemies have around 100-200 hp? Not balanced.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's a cool boss fight at the end of the Alchemy lab.

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah, I actually got to that, but unfortunately I apparently was the only one desperately running around trying to beat back the flow of regular monsters pressing toward the core while everyone else was attacking the boss. Lost when the boss was at 10% life or so. Still was a good time though.

Multi-headed Cow

New patch just hit.
Update notes:
* Input Configuration now supports Mouse "Thumb" buttons 4 and 5
* Third Person Shooter-style offset Chase Camera for ranged classes, for better aiming
* Fix for a Mission Progression data bug, which could cause an issue with not having levels unlocked that you should have.
* Chat box no longer will close when pressing an alpha-numeric chat button while typing if bound to it
* You are now given the tutorial achievement in Ranked mode, so that you can progress towards Legendary Defender
* Ability Hotkeys 5-0 can now be bound in the Game Config Tool
* More TrendyNet client-side tweaks to further decrease Ranked disconnections
* Issues with Steam Cloud in Local Play should be resolved
* Local data automatic backup system
* Gamepad can now properly control the "Choose Multiplayer Mode" UI
* Improved Monk DPS Ramp
Have to hand it to them, they've been patching this like a motherfucker since launch.

Damned Registrations

It's certainly needed it. Still haven't managed to finish more than a single level. Game either crashes or disconnects after a few waves, and won't run again till I restart my computer.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I was wrong about the map count. Overall there's around fourteen campaign maps and what looks to be four total bosses. Over and above that there are about a dozen or more 'challenge' maps that are the same stock campaign maps but with interesting/wacky twists. Then there's a PvP arena but I don't know if it's been implemented. All-in-all I'd say they delivered a good amount of content for the $15 (worth of TF2 hats!).

Don't know what to say about the crashes. I'm running this on a dated Dual-Core, 9500 GT GPU, and Windows XP. Think I got one total crash so far and that was within the first couple of hours after release. Since then, nothing. TrendyNet has disconnected me a few times but in the three or so hours I played today I only had two disconnects. It sucks but I apparently retained the loot/xp I got prior to the disconnects.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
My, they updated the Android version too (and it's still free). Quite generous even if I haven't played my copy for a while.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This game is like digital crack. Very impressed out how much content and detail went into a $15 download title. Ten times more than most $50 games. Also pretty funny they have more weapon art/skins than you'll find in World of Warcraft. And I'm sure they had a staff of like two or three artists versus Blizzard's corporate wealth.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
hoopy said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
It's out now on Steam bros, get downloading! :M
Haha no. The devs got shitty business practises, trying to be like the big publishers. Only way I'd play this game is through piracy.

So edgy, bro.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Played it a bit with a friend. It's pretty fun. I'm rolling with a Monk. Snare Aura + Electric Aura seems to rape everything that isn't immune to Electric damage. Once my Auras are good enough I can build my dude to do good enough melee damage to take out the immunes.

hoopy

Savant
laclongquan said:
hoopy said:
Since when has it been "edgy" to not buy a product from a publisher engaging in shitty business practises?

It's not. He commented that because YOU are acting so edgy from day One. Hoopy, right? Edddddgy~
Again: since when has it been "edgy" to not buy a product from a publisher engaging in shitty business practises?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
hoopy said:
laclongquan said:
hoopy said:
Since when has it been "edgy" to not buy a product from a publisher engaging in shitty business practises?

It's not. He commented that because YOU are acting so edgy from day One. Hoopy, right? Edddddgy~
Again: since when has it been "edgy" to not buy a product from a publisher engaging in shitty business practises?
Again: It's not. He commented that because YOU are acting so edgy from day One. Hoopy, right? Edddddgy~

hoopy

Savant
Metro said:
I think you have a stutter.
Why are you unable to answer the question?

Mangoose said:
hoopy said:
laclongquan said:
hoopy said:

Again: It's not. He commented that because YOU are acting so edgy from day One. Hoopy, right? Edddddgy~
If what I said was not edgy, then there was no reason for him to say that. Since he did say that, it means he thinks there's something edgy about telling shitty publishers to fuck off.

Multi-headed Cow

Played up to level 21. SOON HEAVY WEAPONS GUY, WE WILL TEACH THESE BABIES A LESSON.

A bro picked a copy of the game up and we played through the first map all the way to the Armory in one sitting. Seems pretty fun 2 player, but these maps are getting complex enough I could see where you would want more. We lost on the Armory, layout was too weird and my whirligig squire turrets were getting arrowed. FUN STUFF.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Multi-headed Cow said:
Played up to level 21. SOON HEAVY WEAPONS GUY, WE WILL TEACH THESE BABIES A LESSON.

A bro picked a copy of the game up and we played through the first map all the way to the Armory in one sitting. Seems pretty fun 2 player, but these maps are getting complex enough I could see where you would want more. We lost on the Armory, layout was too weird and my whirligig squire turrets were getting arrowed. FUN STUFF.

I've played through all of the maps now and while some get elaborate in terms of layout there are some pretty obvious choke points in all of them such that you don't really cover a huge amount of ground. Strategies might change on harder difficulties, though.

hoopy said:
If what I said was not edgy, then there was no reason for him to say that. Since he did say that, it means he thinks there's something edgy about telling shitty publishers to fuck off.

Averaging 15 posts a day. Trying too hard, bro.

hoopy

Savant
Metro said:
hoopy said:

Averaging 15 posts a day. Trying too hard, bro.
My post count per day has nothing whatsoever to do with this. Don't try to change the subject. Again: since when has it been "edgy" to not buy a product from a publisher engaging in shitty business practises?

Looks like the Codex suddenly has a real hard-on for taking it up the ass from unscrupulous publishers. Very next gen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom