Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Defenders

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hoop-a-dee-doo!

Multi-headed Cow

I just killed the goblin mech in a glorious 4 player game and got a CHAINSWORD and squealed in greasy nerdy delight.

Then I realized the chainsword has lower DPS than some giant hideous crystal sword I found and put it away. EMPRAH FORGIVE ME

dragonfk

Erudite
In other news I believe Orcs Must Die! is a better game than Dungeon Defenders.

dragonfk

Erudite

Gerrard

Arcane
dragonfk said:
In other news I believe Orcs Must Die! is a better game than Dungeon Defenders.
From what I've seen Orcs has less content while costing more.

It doesn't seem to have so many bugs though.

dragonfk

Erudite
hoopy said:
dragonfk said:
Just FYI, if someone goes on a image spam spree, he automatically winds up in my ignore list.
It's tit for tat. I'm not the one who started spamming troll images.

Well it ain't my problem if you don't see a difference between 1 to few images per post and ~50 images in one post.

End of Line!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
dragonfk said:
Just FYI, if someone goes on a image spam spree, he automatically winds up in my ignore list.

Ah, so you probably are the one who finally added me to his ignore list. :D

dragonfk

Erudite
Gragt said:
dragonfk said:

Ah, so you probably are the one who finally added me to his ignore list. :D

Sorry to disappoint you Gragt but it was not me. :love: you Bro.

Multi-headed Cow

PATCHES
7.05 Patch Notes:
* Added "Halloween Spooktacular Event" Content! Tons of New Costumes, New Mission, New Items & Weapons!
* Raised Mana Bank limit to 30 million
* Added VSync and One-Threaded-Renderer Options to the Configuration Tool
* Fixed 50% of all reported crash types
* Improved Apprentice Defense Attack Rate ramp further, now you gain major Attack Rate DPS benefits well into the 100's of Attack Rate points
* Chat-box now won't auto-close when opened if bound to 'Enter'
* Items that are locked in your Item Box now stay locked when equipped to your hero
* Fixed minor potential exploits
* Chat History ("Console") Key can now be set in the Configuration Tool
* Animus projectile now is piercing, and has better damage ramp.
* "Heal-Self" Spell now takes more time proportionate to what your Maximum Health is.
* Made "Enrage Aura" have a longer lifespan, more effective, and cost 1 less DU
* Reduced Bloodrage Speed benefit, and Increased Bloodrage Mana cost-over-time
* Fixed Magic Blockades not properly stealing the Element of Archers or Wyverns
* Push-To-Talk option no longer disables itself between games
* Map Loot icons now appear during the Combat Phase, not just the Build Phase
* Equipment rating calculation now factors in potential upgrade levels (i.e. lower-end equipment with sufficient upgrade levels is compared evenly with upgraded equipment)
* Added 60 more Item Box spaces
* Console (Chat History) keybinding can now be set in the Configuration Tool

Edit: Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. Sounds like the new challenge and hero skins are going to be paid-for DLC. That's... Kind of a bummer. Game has a good pile of content, certainly, but I want more. ALWAYS MORE.

Edit 2: Scratch that, sounding like the DLC will be free. Might be like some of the other Halloween DLC that's been showing up on Steam, free for a couple weeks, and if you miss picking it up during that time then they'll charge for it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Probably. That's how Madballs did their DLC... until the devs abandoned the game. Here's a video to the content.

Multi-headed Cow

Nooooooooo, I'm only level 27, and you have to be able to play the Halloween challenge map (Recommended level 60) on insane difficulty to get the new costumes. New costumes which have new hats.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I still can't play period. Even got a new(er) graphics card. Game crashed before the loading screen last 2 times I tried to start it.

Multi-headed Cow

I assume you've done the old Steam standby of right click the game, properties, local files, verify the integrity of the game cache. Though I thought you had it working earlier and it was just Trendynet giving you the shits.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yeah I've done that a million times. And yeah, it was working better before. I have the best chance if it's the first thing I start after booting up my computer. But even them, it'll crash after a single map, win or lose.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The DLC, map, and unlocks will still be available after the 5th -- the devs just worded it poorly. FYI, the map is atrociously bad. It's not so much challenging as it is tedious. Even solo the last (of the 12 waves of mobs) is 6,000. It takes most people two hours or so to complete.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Apparently they are already coming out with an expansion in under three weeks (November):

Just some quick roadmap notes about contents to expect in your DunDef over November (in this order):

- Modding & Total Conversion Tools (source code, game art assets, & the system in place for users to matchmake among mods and TC's)

- Gender-Swapped Hero Class variants (these are additional hero classes with slightly different capabilities than their other-Gender counterparts)

- 16-player "Strongman CTF" PvP Alpha Version

- Quest for the Lost Eternia Crystal, Part 1 Expansion Campaign: new enemies, new bosses, new items & pets, new missions, challenges & realms, new PvP battlegrounds and increased level cap & item qualities!

The expansion will also add a new class, Berserker, that dual wields (although he described it more as a distinct set of weapons versus wielding two separate weapons that currently drop).

Multi-headed Cow

Still haven't even played through the whole base game yet. Got a map or two past the Ramparts and then sorta died down. Bro's been playing Space Marine and I've been dicking with Dead Space/Rage/Bastion.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I managed to get all classes to 70... can't say I relish the fact of grinding even more levels on them and leveling a new class. I had been trying to get a good bow from the Halloween map but now it looks like that's pointless given the addition of a new tier of item. I suppose it's good to have frequent content updates but it would be nice if the items you find last for more than a month. Then again, not like there's much to do with them once you've played through all the maps/challenges.

Multi-headed Cow

Metro said:
I managed to get all classes to 70...
Good god man. What's your time played on Dungeon Defenders now? You probably should pick up that whole Geneforge pack just for a massive timesink.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've been playing it pretty much exclusively since it's release with a few Isaac breaks. Leveling alts isn't that hard.. or at least wasn't prior to some recent patches. Squire towers were so overpowered you could simply make a setup on the Bonus Map Hard mode and go afk. I can't remember the exact numbers but I doubt it took more than five or six hours to go from one to seventy that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom