Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dungeon Fighter Online

Sjukob

Arcane
I am surprised nobody has created a topic about this (there is one actually , but it's not alive and have never been ) . It's an online 2D beat them up game made in Korea . The game is pretty old , like WoW old it was originally released in 2004 for Asia only , but came out later in western countries . The game have been closed before ( maybe even multiple times ) , but roughly one year ago it was launched again (note that it failed only on western market , in Asia it's top 5 most popular MMO ) . It's outdated compared to Korean version , but developers constantly releasing updates and the game is cathing up .

I played it and I think it's decent , at least for now . There is a progression system with levels , stats and skills there are a lot of classes and they feel truly different from each other , skills are really cool by the way . There is an alright story , I didn't pay attention at the beggining , but got hooked up later . The fighting and combo mechanics are good , no arguments here . It's a peer to peer game , so you can forget about ping related problems until you get into the group . Developers constantly launch events ( they are always going on ) for players to obtain something , some of the items are very valuable and developers overal are not greedy to give out nice things .

On negative sides , it's repetable , you will be running same dungeons every now and then . The fatigue system , so when you enter a room in dungeon you lose 1 fatigue point , each character has 176 in total , once it runs out , you can't play on this character till the next day . Some people say that developers had to implement it , because of laws in Korea , but I don't know . Thing is , when your first character gets to choose his subclass , you are mostly out of fatigue for this day , so when the real game begins you get cut off from it . I also find backgrounds and locations quite boring , especially when you have to run them for multiple times . Also you will have to encounter stupid grind in the middle of game when you can't really farm for anything , it's impossible to describe it to somebody who doesn't know the game , but awakening is total fucking shit ! The population is quite small , the game is not well known and developers are not active at advertising .

The game somewhat encourages you to have alts . When your character hits level 50 , you can use some of his skills to assist your other characters . Once somebody from your roster hits 70 you can send him to run dungeons for gold , loot and materials and the benefits of it are good enough .

Of course I have to tell you about donations . It's a bit complicated , but here how it works . You can level your character to the max level without spending a single cent , the pre level cap content is mostly a faceroll , but if you want to gear up your character and destroy end game dungeons you will have to spend time . The best equipment in the game is given you for running Hell mode , you have to have tickets to acess it , you can grind tickets if you want , it's not hard , but the RNG factor is really huge in Hell mode , you have to be very lucky to get equipment you need . Although you can't directly buy tickets for real money , you can sell items from the shop for gold to other players and buy tickets with this gold . I will let you decide on how much of pay to win is this . Also cosmetics are available for real money mostly .

Had to make some screenshots myself , everything on the internet is extremely outdated .
F04JbOS.jpg

HMCd0dQ.jpg

EGnmeMw.jpg

zwImeQc.jpg

Yl1u7IA.jpg

Some videos of end game .

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I actually tend to like the mechanics of these games, and even the fatigue systems and such tend to be pretty generous, but the fact that they're online is always a huge drawback. Things like lag and random disconnections suck all the fun out of this stuff.

Sjukob

Arcane
Just wanted to let you know that this is still a thing . The game recently hit the steam , I've made it to levelcap , seen some endgame and ready to answer your question if you have any .

I tried to make some screens , but damage numbers make it almost impossible , the game recently had an HD update , so it looks better now . Click spoiler for screenshots .
jhVcZ3d.jpg

PBYe8GY.jpg

mRMBHbW.jpg

XwzfK73.jpg

Bonus , click this spoiler for some appealing cosplay
dungeon_fighter_online5.jpg

CmnxVwwXEAQvnbj.jpg

sasa-queen-goi-cam_08.jpg

Dungeon-Fighter-Female-Slayer-Doremi-2.jpg

Also some videos

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
This game is one of my guilty pleasures. Are you still playing, Sjukob ?

I actually tend to like the mechanics of these games, and even the fatigue systems and such tend to be pretty generous, but the fact that they're online is always a huge drawback. Things like lag and random disconnections suck all the fun out of this stuff.

I do not have this problem when playing solo. Party play is a different matter but I attribute that to my shitty wifi internet connection.

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
Nah , I rage quit during annivewrsary event and haven't come back since .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom