Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon, a realtime dungeon crawler - now available on Early Access

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Ok, then, pledged for the finished digital version ;) (not much free time to playtest sorry)
Oh, and nothing special happened with Endless Space, it just seemed cool, I bought it, and it sucked (maybe I'm too harsh, let's say it's somewhat boring)

thanks so much Mastroego :)

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Never played Grimrock but I love DM. I have some questions for kanda :
1. The champs of DM have several modes of attacking such as War Cry, Punch etc. Will you implement something like this?
2. Will be any crafting system in the game like making food from several ingredients or poison? Will weapons be moddable, will I be able to use a poison on a blade, construct a stone axe for example (like rope + rock + stick) or restore a powerful but broken weapon which parts are scattered through several levels of the dungeon?
3. Any recruitable NPC? What is the max number of chars in the party?
4. What about XP and skill system? Will it be like in DM or EoB?

Hello iZerw,
1-Not planned yet. I think about the ergonomy, and, as a player, i never care so much about this feature in DM. And also perahps also better for mobiles to reduce touch operations for attacking. However, it's a very easy to implement such a feature. If community request it, i will probably add it.
2-Yes for potions creation. We have Item interaction with other items.
3-Well yes. You start party with 4 hero...but not forced to create 4. And you can recruit some NPC you will meet. But there also a "Guest" special slot for importants NPC. you won't have to play them and care about their equipment, but they will "give a hand" when needed.
4-Closer to DM system.

kanda

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Does the player have the option to create the 4 starting heroes? And is there any place where you have detailed the possible class/race combinations available?

-Yes the player can create up to 4 starting heroes :)
-There is no place yet to read these informations. However keep in mind the system is closer to dungeon master one, so a class here is a matter of levels in each "arts" (fight, magic...). And things evolve according your actions .

Dorateen

Arcane
OK, that sounds good. And the video itself looks gorgeous. However, the top-most character in the party appears to be an elf. Are you making various races available as a part of character generation? Like Grimrock had minotaurs and insect people as well as humans.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Indeed, there are vaious races like any good rpg :D

When you create your team, you can decide to use existing characters, with their name, characteristics and only change the what ever you want in this character. You can also make a totally new one and select it's race.

Last edited:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Is there any chance that characters' attacks can be mapped to hotkeys? I prefer using the keyboard in blobbers (around here, that's what we call first person dungeon crawlers such as Wizardry, Might & Magic, Bard's Tale, etc.)

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Is there any chance that characters' attacks can be mapped to hotkeys? I prefer using the keyboard in blobbers (around here, that's what we call first person dungeon crawlers such as Wizardry, Might & Magic, Bard's Tale, etc.)

yes 100% sure :)

Sputnik

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Less than 40 backers this far. Only codexers know about this project? I certainly hope you succeed in marketing your product on other forums/media as well.

Are the current portraits placeholders? The style of them is somewhat non-uniform and at least the fourth one looks suspiciously familiar.

Backed anyway, hope you can recreate the terrific atmosphere of those classic blobbers you find your inspiration from.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Less than 40 backers this far. Only codexers know about this project? I certainly hope you succeed in marketing your product on other forums/media as well.
Are the current portraits placeholders? The style of them is somewhat non-uniform and at least the fourth one looks suspiciously familiar.
Backed anyway, hope you can recreate the terrific atmosphere of those classic blobbers you find your inspiration from.

Well it's very hard to promote a project when you are not famous studio, as there are so many indie project around. But we keep working hard on this side. The sad thhing about it, i don't work on the game itself when spending days posting or writting to website, but no choice :)
The portraits are not place holder. but some may be reworked a bit. But for sure they are originals. I personnaly made the desciption request to the artist for most of them. But if you feel you have seen some looking similar somewhere else, please let me know more, i really care about that !

About the portraits, they will be probably animated. We haven't show it to public yet, but it has been tested already.

A few publisher also contacted us...but would be nice to keep freedom, especially if they don't help us funding the game...Still many discussions on this.

Thanks so much for backing...!
Keep spreading the word dudes, we need it :)

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
@Sputnik : after reading your post, i decided to show 4 more portraits. Tell me if you feel like you saw them before.

portraits.jpg

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Hello dudes!
Let's show you more portraits for the game :

portraits_2.jpg

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I'm still interested in the game, so I decided to have a look if it has vaporized, but they kept on working on the game and they even had a devlog yesterday, unfortunately, one where they delayed EA again (because their lip-syncing plugin doesn't work with Unity 5 yet).

In March they also posted a new video:

also from December:

– We are currently focusing on the Desktop version of the game. We are still periodically testing the mobile version of the game, but we will release the mobile version AFTER the desktop version, probably one or two months later. That way, we can release the PC version earlier and then focus on the remaining optimizations for the mobile version.

kanda

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
I'm still interested in the game, so I decided to have a look if it has vaporized, but they kept on working on the game and they even had a devlog yesterday, unfortunately, one where they delayed EA again (because their lip-syncing plugin doesn't work with Unity 5 yet).

In March they also posted a new video:
also from December:

– We are currently focusing on the Desktop version of the game. We are still periodically testing the mobile version of the game, but we will release the mobile version AFTER the desktop version, probably one or two months later. That way, we can release the PC version earlier and then focus on the remaining optimizations for the mobile version.
kanda

Hello vonAchdorf,
Thanks for reporting :)
Of course it has not has vaporized, this is a serious project, and we keep posting updates on our main channels (Steam page, website, facebook...). We have upgraded the graphics and indeed migrated to Unity 5 with the problem you mentionned, we need to wait the third party developper of the lipsync technology to release an update, they promised it to be probably ready during may.

Anyway, beyond that early access, we have are also upgrading the graphics and content a lot. So it's not a waste of time :)
www.Dungeon-Kingdom.com

Stay tuned :)

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Almoost unbelievable that this is a Unity game (I know Unity 5 effects are free now, but still...). The quality looks really AAA, and even the 1 minute video posted above looks very polished.

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Thanks for posting AbounI. I'll add those wich were not published on most chanels and may not yet known:

dk1ExtraArea1.jpg

dk1ExtraArea2.jpg

dk1ExtraArea3.jpg

The purpose of these screen is mainly to show more accurately work on the lighting as well as on materials rendering.

Last edited:

kanda

Hydro Games
Developer
Just one more , different, this time outside:
dkCity_New00.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom