Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Dungeons 2: another shitty Unity-powered Dungeon Keeper clone

Astral Rag

Arcane

Just going to leave these here:

52D5E3340077155977D771B2C5A5147CCFEB946A
E13DBCEB3CF969ABCCB39F544D757019AEC8F30B

FDE985E4E79BDA99743EAED63E598D3D132EA1E3

Hilarious jokes:
3FEDDD6EAA8CDD6CE46A8A04DED11451FEABBCEC

52D786917DCC22ACAAF59DCA6F9B2C7685EAB75D

82D122FF0EAB541310833B4132D4F66ACA5CFD4E

This game can be yours for the low price of €45!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Its not my turn to waste money, someone else gives us first impressions.. The art style completely turn me of too, if theres a good game underneath someone will have to discover it for us .

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had high hopes for the first Dungeons and bought it when it came out. Dungeon Keeper is one of my favorite games.

Played for a few hours full of despair to find some good value for the money spent, but I couldn't and uninstalled it.

Not again.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's said to be better than the first, some shill reputable gaming review outlet even gave it 9/10. The humor is way too over-the-top for me though and it's from Kalypso. The dungeon's graphics are tolerable but the over world is ugly and the RTS battles look like they are in slomo.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Game really badly optimised atm, running on lowest settings and it looks worse than Warcraft 3.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's a poor dungeon keeper coupled with a poor wc3.

Not very good.

sser

Arcane
Developer
It's said to be better than the first, some shill reputable gaming review outlet even gave it 9/10. The humor is way too over-the-top for me though and it's from Kalypso. The dungeon's graphics are tolerable but the over world is ugly and the RTS battles look like they are in slomo.

How's the actual dungeon building/protecting?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
:necro:

This game looks great, I actually just realized this was a thing when I saw an ad for Dungeons 3 and was like wtf I never heard of Dungeons 2.

I actually like the first Dungeons game a lot. Designing the dungeons is fun and requires a different type of strategy compared to dungeon keeper because you're trying to keep the adventurers alive rather than just raiding some dude across the map. This game also gives the player a lot more freedom in terms of constructing their base (less impenetrable stone, more rooms/traps/misc stuff)

It's funny because whenever people hate on that game, their review is basically "NOT DUNGEON KEEPER SO BAD" and it's like, well, okay I guess you could say that about any game that isn't dungeon keeper.

Anyway Dungeons was a lot of fun and I like the blatant WC3 ripping-off they're pulling (<3 WC3) in this one so I'm sure this and Dungeons 3 will be great.

Def wouldn't pay $50 for these but I'll be picking them up for sure during the next steam sale.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The graphic style is a bit too comic like and could you stand the humor for a full game and expansions?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
The graphic style is a bit too comic like and could you stand the humor for a full game and expansions?

I don't think the first dungeons had that stanley parable narrator and humor style. The graphics in the first one aren't comic booky either they're closer to DK2 or something.

screenshot_pc_dungeons_the_dark_lord010.jpg

Comic/shrek style graphics aren't great but at least they age well but yeah I would guess the humor gets old after one or two missions hopefully the designers realize that and change it up every now and then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom