Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Lhynn

Arcane
Alright.

Well be starting a codex guild in Argossen (fuck you, i dislike this server).

Im Lhynn on steam, add me and we can kinda coordinate to play

So far we have

Lhynn
Characters
Shyonn (Shitty leech)
Lhynnk (Paladin) (Barbarian)
Soulaf (Sorcerer)

Helton
Tartaglia (cleric/fighter)

Sykar
Some faggot (i dont know yet)

lukaszek
Characters:
Xirrantha (Bard)
Trixilai (Rogue)

(((Crispy)))
Characters:
Kazonn (paladin)

Mustwat
Characters
Gulrin (Cleric)

v1rus
Characters
Kornec (Rogue)

Gregz
Characters
Lhynnsawshum (Sorcerer)

Xorphitus
Characters
Sosarion (Favored Soul)
Brohemoth (Barbarian)
Xorphitus (artificer)

13th Dwarf
Reava (Artificer)
Ainya (Cleric)
Smylei (Sorcerer)

not an artichoke
Eufrosinia (Cleric)

Hoaxmetal
Hoaxmetal (Artificer)

What you guys will be playing doesnt really matter, just make sure it doesnt blow.

Will update this as more brave hirelings codexers join the cause.

Last edited:

Aothan

Magister
hmm I always overlooked the game because of the idea that the character system would not be extensive, I'll see what classes are available

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Do I have to pay to see the Underdark content?

How much time would it take me to reach that content?

Lhynn

Arcane
Do I have to pay to see the Underdark content?
Yes, about 30 bucks. While most of the content is free if you play and farm up points (which takes forever and a half and i really dont recommend it), expansions are all buy only.
If you are planning on playing this game extensively, then paying is the only way to go. First 10 levels have tons of free content, but higher level quests are all either unlocked if you are vip, or bought for turbine points (which can be farmed or bought from the market).
As free 2 play what you get is a very fun casual game with tons of quests to play with your friends, that ends at about level 12-14.

How much time would it take me to reach that content?
Its epic content (level 20 to 30), so full on endgame.

Aothan

Magister
early impressions are good, the character system is vastly more extensive then assumptions I mistakenly had. Main concern is the game's playability, in the early areas it really is just letting the character attack and move in the right direction, but if the various skills give rise to specific playstyles and the game also requires some skill or strategy that would be very welcome and compliment the character system

I notice the Elf skill tree has Grace which transforms dexterity into melee damage, which leads me to wonder if a Charisma-Dexterity styled character would be feasible

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah the raid bosses and raid runs in general are a blast and typically consist of two or three groups of five to ten players in each group. Some, such as the Titan (a very early raid boss which may not exist in the game anymore) required very specific and pain-in-the-ass sequences to bring down. But still generally well worth the effort. Other bosses, like the Storm Giant (?) are much more straightforward, but still possess thousands of hit points and can easily take an entire evening to get through.

Often there were guided tours of these raid runs. Veterans of the game would advertise in raid chat when the next run was coming up, and you'd basically show up and strap in. Follow instruction carefully, don't wander off on your own, and just kill when you're told to and you're almost guaranteed end loot.

The first dragon run (red dragon, I think?) was even more difficult. Just getting to the thing involved all groups carefully crossing a fireball-pummeled series of pathways to get close to it, then a single player designated as a tank going toe-to-toe with the thing while everyone else healed you and bombarded it. I was lucky enough to be that tank once. (Don't step over the line until told to)

Good memories.

Last edited:

Aothan

Magister
oh and for turn undeads on cleric and pally. Other than that its skippable

I would like to see how charisma interacts with Divine might, Lay on Hands, Turn undead (sometimes this can work at least in the early levels if the Paladin's scores are okay) and from the Knight of the Chalice tree the Holy retribution skill. I'm still surprised at just how many skill variations there are so it will be a while of gradually advancing before it is better understood how attributes affect abilities and in turn how well certain abilities operate in this setting

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
So who here would consider playing in a new Codexian DDO guild? This is merely a feasibility study, don't get your hopes up.

- If you would play, which server would you like to see it formed on?
- What name would you suggest we'd call ourselves?
- Would you prefer/be willing to start at beginning and grind as a group?

My only toon is Kazon on the Cannith server. He's currently a 2nd-level Paladin TR'd from a 20 Fighter. I would consider transferring him to another server but I don't really feel like starting a fresh character.

Thoughts, mockery, shitposting, do it. Now.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If we were to do this we'd need to choose a server that is centrally-located for everyone interested in playing. Although I'm not sure there's much of a choice in servers any longer since they were all merged.

Lhynn

Arcane
I havent tried argonessen, if i can make one of my characters there ill try tonight.

Lhynn

Arcane
3rd level? doesnt that take like 15 minutes? or 0 time if you have vet status?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom