Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Sale on tomes/classes 2 days after I bought some :negative:

v1rus

Arcane
I'm also seriously considering going VIP. Seems waaay more profitable than just throwing money unlocking content. Still, have to decide am i going 1 month or 3 months. 3 months are like paying for 2 months, and an extra month for free. If only I didnt have an attention span of a hamster.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
For those of you still on the fence about trying this game because OMG STEAM well I just confirmed that even when you download and install it from the Steam client once you run the DDO launcher it doesn't even launch Steam at all.

BTW I won't be on again until Monday night. Have fun and please clean up your messes on-board the Sexually Confused. Oh, and leave the safety netting alone. It's still there to prevent another suicide attempt.

Mustawd

or those of you still on the fence about trying this game because OMG STEAM well I just confirmed that even when you download and install it from the Steam client once you run the DDO launcher it doesn't even launch Steam at all.

Why even download it through Steam? Just get it directly from the DDO website.

Mustawd

didnt ddo require some weird shit to download if you go from their site? //Maybe they have fixed that.
steam just works

There are some HD files that can be downloaded optionally. It took about an hour or so to download, which was kind of a pain. But once that was done it was easy sailing. Only issue I've had has been with headphones. I've had to change the source in the options for headphones. Otherwise, the sounds comes out of my speakers.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Men, we need to start gathering plat/astral shards for the Ship buffs. First ones cost around 100-200k plat, shard ones are ~100 (which is like 500 TP). You can donate funds while on the ship.

Also, I don't think that it's a good idea for everyone to be officier since officiers also can plop down the ship upgrades, wouldn't want everyone to be able to spend guild's funds. Is it possible to create different roles with different perks? Like full member who can invite, officier who can also upgrade the ship etc.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
2-5 Hours (depending on guild level) buff but you can renew them whenever you get on the ship.

Some of the buffs are very important:

These are the ones we should get:

Chronoscope

Hold Room
+[1/2/3] Guild bonus to Reflex saving throws
+40% Enhancement bonus to movement speed while in public areas (Does not stack with Phiarlan's Pendant of Time or Haste).

Bath House

State Room
+20 Healing Amplification
Range of Unconsciousness +[5/10/15]
-10% damage while helpless

Proving Ground

State Room
Provides bonuses from Tactical Training Room, Archery Range, Armory, and Grandmaster's Dojo. +2 Will Save, +[2/4/6] Guild bonus to Armor Class, +[5%/10%/15%] Fortification, +2% Guild bonus to Doubleshot,
+[2/4/6] Damage on Critical Hits, +1 DC to Trip, Sunder, Slicing Blow, Stunning, Sap, and Hamstring +2 To-hit with physical attacks, Deneith Ammunition Vendor, Ammunition Vendor, Repair Vendor (half-price repairs)

Collegium of the Twelve

State Room
Provides bonuses from Arcane Sanctum, Trapsmith's Workshop, Wild Grove, and Crusader's Chapel.
+2 Extra Wild Empathy per rest, +3 to all ability scores for summoned/charmed creatures, +5% Fortification Bypass.
+[5/10/15] Guild bonus to Positive and Negative Spell Power, +1 Guild bonus to Saves vs. Enchantments,
+25 Guild bonus to Maximum Spell Points, +1 Spell Penetration, Divine vendor, Trapsmith vendor, Arcane vendor

Bash the Breakables Cargo Bay (Very important, it pays itself)

Hold Room
+1 Guild bonus to the level of your treasure from chests.

There are a ton more, but these are the low level basics.

Note that our shitty ship has:

Windspyre Sparrow

Light Classic
Skiff
Level 10
50k pp
1 + Cargo bay
Hold rooms: 4
State rooms: 0

Lhynn

Arcane
The ammenities? yes they are. You buy them once and use them forevah.

Its all tied to our guilds level btw, we really need to get the guild to higher levels to have access to more goodies. Also farm plat somehow.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
We're not letting you in, Roqua.

The chances of me playing with a pedophile like you is nonexistent. In fact, I am surprised someone like you is playing a game like this. Is it the Halfling females that attracted you to the game? I would think Tera is more your style.

Mustawd

Can be I suppose. That might just be my millenial optimism speaking though.

Ninjerk

Arcane
So I thought this game wasn't that good on release. What happened?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
So I thought this game wasn't that good on release. What happened?

I hated it on release. I did not think the game had much too it. But the level cap was 10 back then (I think, it could have been a little lower or higher). It was a grind doing the same content over and over.

Now, with the expansions, what got me hooked was being able to start at lvl 15 and the crazy build variety that just blows all the competition out of the water. Not only is there the normal DnD 3.5 leveling, but with like everything you could imagine, a crazy heroic leveling tree system with I think 12 heroic destiny trees, and thee ability trees per class plus a race tree, plus some extra trees just because they could. With the ability to have three classes, you have access to like 11 regular trees on one character.

Certain things look good when you start, but the more you learn, the more you refine, you more synergies and possibilities become apparent. And the reincarnation system actually makes you more powerful for wanting to redo your build.

But, and the dungeon system is nice because unlike most mmorpgs you aren't just running the same raids over and over if you are working on your build, you are running almost all the dungeons in a specific order to maximize experience gain. You have the system that gives you extra experience for doing heroic strings, etc.

It is just different, and very complex for people who like that, or for the monkeys they can just select a build and the game does the thinking for them.

And no, in all the time I put in this game I have not run across anything that would be considered pedophile bait. Well, other than finding out crispy plays this.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom