Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Trying to level a 4th to 6th in one night might be tough, but if Lhynn and Luka have the patience and/or stamina, who knows?

Alternatively, for players who don't mind spending a few IRL bucks, there is the option in the DDO Store to purchase veteran status, which can instantly level you to 7th.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Lhynn and lukaszek, I expect you two to have a solid strategy worked out as to how to successfully cross the blasted landscape in Chrono without all of us getting burned to a... crisp... by those fucking flying devils again. Whether we brute force it by engaging each of them methodically one at a time with healing coming in or we somehow try to buff ourselves or Haste through it, I don't care.

It's up to you two to make this happen. Do not fail me again. *forcechoke*

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Okay, thank you. Everyone who's going to be participating please read the above and loosely familiarize yourselves with it.

If that strategy was for Epic difficulty then I don't think we're going to have to follow it to the letter if we have 10-12 players running it on Elite. Still, obviously, we're going to have to be careful and adhere to strict teamwork, moving as a blob in most cases.

luka, how's your English? Got a mic? Your idea; you volunteering to be the voicer?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Damn. We're doomed.

We could try a dry run on Saturday night and maybe run it again on Sunday night, especially if we're unsuccessful.

v1rus

Arcane
I'm at 3rd sphere lvl 4 on druid atm. Think ill manage to get to lvl 6 in time, and if i dont, i can always go with rogue who is precisely lvl 6.

Mustawd

I'm at 3rd sphere lvl 4 on druid atm. Think ill manage to get to lvl 6 in time, and if i dont, i can always go with rogue who is precisely lvl 6.

We can run some quests tonight if you want. I missed a lot of quests on Storm Reach.

Xorphitus

Scholar
Went through Chronoscope yesterday afternoon on my Failock. The first run through was stalled because there were only 4 of us but we did manage to make it to bank before wiping since the leader of the party was higher level. After the first failed attempt ran some other dungeons with higher level until some of his guildies showed up along with a couple of other randoms and we gave Chrono another shot with 8 people and finished it without wiping. That bank encounter is Hell.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
6:00 or 6:30 PST. Be patient for people to show up. We'll have a little shit talking discussion first then we ride.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Here is an excellent walkthrough for Chronoscope:

http://www.ddmsrealm.com/the-chronoscope-quest-walkthrough/

Of particular note is that we need fire resistance and acid resistance on everyone at all times, and that everyone should talk to Veheer F'Nord once we've taken the Dimension Door up to the tower. He casts good buffs on anyone who requests them. Each time we talk to him throughout the quest he will offer these buffs so don't forget them.

Also,

Once you get into the marketplace, stick together and fight as group. It is very easy to agro many mobs here and this can cause Dungeon Alert to go up quickly. This can also be deadly for characters of this level. I would suggest calling out a single lead tank who can pull and intimidate mobs. Fight them in small groups and do not wander around. When you get a Bearded Devil Trooper make sure to focus on that devil as they are much more dangerous and deadly than any other mobs out in the Marketplace. Next, take out casters and watch for the air raiders as they seem to sneak up on the group. Try to designate at least several ranged people to target any of these flyers/archers. The air raiders will drop down once they are past half their HP, and the rest of the group can mob on them. They love to throw Fireballs and Acidballs here.

Muy importante. My Intimidate still isn't up to snuff yet (only 7th level) so I'm going to have a hard time maintaining Hate but I think as long as we stick together we'll be okay. If you draw too much aggro, resist the urge to run off; just stop attacking! If we're in a blob it'll be obvious which mobs to target so once you stop dealing damage they'll climb off your back.

Remember: teamwork. Never wander off. May God help us.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Two more things to remember:

- You need blessed cold iron or good- or holy-aligned weapons to bypass devils' DR! You can also buy Flametouched weapons which also do this once we're inside the Rusty Nail Inn after the quest starts.

- We have a total of four buffs available on the airship now. Go to it (look for the green anchor in the Harbor) then just click on the Amenities bar that's near the fore of the ship. You don't have to go belowdecks to get the buffs. They all last for three hours so grab them on the way to the raid.

Mustawd

We watched Lhynn kill a beholder with his bare hands. Impressive.

Also, I got lost at one point and was killed by said beholder. Good times, :salute:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Well, we did it. We managed to finish Chronoscope, on Elite no less.

We may have had a little help getting through it. But who's counting?

Congrats to all who participated. I'd like to say we'll run that one again but it may be a while. It wasn't easy by any means.

Next up: We teach Mustawd how to use his WASD keys and his mouse so he can actually move his character around on the screen and watch where everyone else goes so he doesn't get lost again. Stay tuned.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Now on to a minor amount of guild business.

We've saved up enough plat in the guild coffers to almost afford a new amenity. Remember that these are long-term buffs you receive for free by visiting the airship and clicking on the amenity bar at the bow.

We currently have 66K plat and for 80K we could afford this:

2hxrqx2.jpg

As you can see, the Paradoxical Puzzle Box grants a buff to both DEX and INT. Nice, especially since it lasts three hours.

Does that sound okay to you guys? Something else, perhaps? Talk to the kobold on the deck to see details on all the other choices, but most of them are really expensive and are above our current level. Reply here or let me know in-game what your opinions are then we'll make a choice or just keep saving.

Lhynn

Arcane
Save for now and keep leveling the guild. I made a list of the best starter amenities before. Stat ammenities arent good, because you need 3 spaces to benefit everyone, and you have limited space, so its always better to go for amenities that benefit everyone.

Remember that some of these can be bought in a bundle and use a bigger room but end up saving space.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Do you know if when you upgrade your airship the amenities you've already bought carry over?

Edit: Actually, we can't install another amenity now because there are only four slots on our dinky ship and they're all full. So you're right that we should save, towards a bigger ship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom