Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Doing "The Xorian Cipher" now, everyone lvl 7-10 welcome to join.

Lhynn

Arcane
Heard last fight of the next quest is much much harder....

Fuck.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
God damn timezones, I log in and almost 10 people have logged out in the last 2 hours.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I have to give Lhynn some credit; he snuck up and grabbed our soul stones right under that bitch slave lord's nose and ran them back to the shrine like a champ. God damn AOE attack of hers was vicious.

Lhynn

Arcane
The boss AoE isnt insta death, a good tank can take it on. You just need decent physical sheltering and a healer.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I chose bastard swords, btw, because as of one of the previous updates they, even when equipped with a shield, do glancing blows. Khopeshes do not. Dwarven axes do now, too, but their crit range is 20/x3 only and the selection of those on the AH is paltry compared to bastard swords.

I immediately bought a +3 with 2d6 shocking and 5d6 extra on a crit. It's a masterwork, too. Paid 14K PP.

Moar kills incoming.

Xorphitus

Scholar
Maybe survivable if you are tr with twink gear. Watched videos of epic run through the entire chain by party of tr characters with gear and looked like a stroll through korthos and harbor quests except for the final boss fight which looked like Painalfest 2016.

Xorphitus

Scholar
I remember barbarians back when the game first went freemium having insane amounts of hit points but also remember them dropping fast so I never stuck with them. Things have changed with DDO plenty since then. Plenty of builds to be found but never know how viable any of them are with the way updates and changes to enhancement trees. As far as last night goes no one could take the attack. Maybe some of the people from the uber guilds we were with on the raid could have survived the bitches blast but then again they are clearly tr with buffs and live breath and shit DDO.

Lhynn

Arcane
PRR at that level can reduce damage to around 60%, that amount of damage deducted would make it survivable by almost anyone.

Lhynn

Arcane
I chose bastard swords, btw, because as of one of the previous updates they, even when equipped with a shield, do glancing blows. Khopeshes do not. Dwarven axes do now, too, but their crit range is 20/x3 only and the selection of those on the AH is paltry compared to bastard swords.

I immediately bought a +3 with 2d6 shocking and 5d6 extra on a crit. It's a masterwork, too. Paid 14K PP.

Moar kills incoming.
you are losing out on 35% damage by going bastard swords and gaining absolutely nothing. Really going out of your way to gimp yourself old man.

Lhynn

Arcane
How easy is it to find items that would boost prr and mrr at our level?
Very hard beyond maybe 15.
which is like 12% damage. Most of it comes from sacred defender enchancements which im betting crispy hasnt speced into because he insists on using that retarded small door on his arm.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
That small door has consistently kept me off the top of the number of times killed list the entire time we've been playing together, Lhynn.

I'd suggest you worry more about your build than mine, since you are usually near or at the top of that list every time.

P.S. You just validated Xorphitus' argument without even realizing it.

Lhynn

Arcane
The only reason im getting killed more than you do is that no monster is actually interested in hitting you crispy. They go right past you and aim to get me because im hurting them more. Also im keeping the team alive by basically incapacitating 2-3 enemies every time i cast a spell, and sometimes even entire hordes with web.

Lhynn

Arcane
No way i can solo this content. Its too hard for us as a party as it is.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom