Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Aledorn (formerly Dungeons of Aledorn) - Realms of Arkania-like RPG

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Screenshot be damned, this might be the game that's gonna scratch my RoA-style-gameplay itch after a very long time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
b841fc23359edfced546fa08d879684c_original.jpg

That screenshot is giving me Oblivion vibes.

Have you come seeking the potato?

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
I love how shit the writing is even in Czech.
This game has such a good vibe, I can't put my finger on it but I definitely want to play it. It reminds me a little bit of MMX in how cheesy but lovable it was at the same time.

Morkar Left

They are really thinking into the right directions. I'm very curious about the game and hope it will turn how they imagined it. Surely there's still a need for good game mechanics in party-based fantasy rpgs.

grimace

Arcane
This game has such a good vibe, I can't put my finger on it but I definitely want to play it. It reminds me a little bit of MMX in how cheesy but lovable it was at the same time.

The sincerity and resulting melodrama reminds me of the fantasy films of the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Cheering for Daniel Nezmar and all of Team21!

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game has potential... The guy though shouldn't be presenting it, in english at least. It is painful to listen to

Essegi

Cipher
Update #24
May 22 2016

Alpha Released - At Last!

CZ version here

Greetings to all friends, gamers, backers and followers. Today, we have some good news, the twice-postponed alpha version of "Dungeons of Aledorn" (DoA) is finally here. We briefly want to tell you what you can expect in the alpha version and why it took so long.

Alpha version - Manto - ART

Alpha Presentation in short cuts :

Starting today, a total of 119 backers are eligible to download and try out the game in its current state. If you hit the KickStarter rank of "Black Bear" or better, check you email for further instructions. And now, straight onto the features of the alpha version. Your pre-designed party of 3 heroes (Warrior, Rogue and Wizard) finds itself in the small town of Manto. You can roam around freely, search for hidden treasures or enter into dialogue with some NPCs. You can also accept a few quests and one of them can be even successfully completed.

Manto village

When you decide to leave the town, you can head into the nearby forest area populated with some hostile creatures. Up to 4 battles are ready to test your strategic thinking skills and at the same time you can try out the feature to choose the exact spot where the battle will be fought. Defeated enemies can be searched for loot and equipment.

Battle in forest

We recommend that you read the "Accompanying Document" contained in the downloaded files since you can learn lots of useful information there. The document also includes a list of implemented and not yet implemented features.

We will greatly appreciate it if you decide to spend some time playing the game and report any bugs or problems on our forum. Fixing bugs and various issues was the major reason why the alpha version release took so long.

Small forest

In conclusion, what does the alpha version mean to us and why did we decide to share it with you? As we promised on KickStarter, your opinion is very important to us and we hope that we will get enough feedback to ensure that our efforts are pointed in the right direction. DoA is being developed mainly for you and we are open to your suggestions in order to make DoA an unforgettable experience for everyone.

Accompannying document for alpha-testers :

Accompannying document - part 1

Accompannying document - part 2

Accompannying document - part 3

Thank you once more for your patience and have fun testing the alpha!

Team 21

Nefarit

Last edited:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Anybro has received the instructions to download it?Should we wait more few hours?

edit: we'll have to be more patient to receive instructions:
Mail only we prepare and probably we'll send tomorrow.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

:shredder:
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Everything about the game sounds great so far. Does anybody know if the final party is only of 3 pcs and only 1 npc?

Dyskolos

Cipher
I only clicked this because I read it as 'Dungeons of Aledom' and imagined a drunkards campaign. But now I'm actually interested.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Just got my DoA alpha. Will give it a go, tonight if possible, and post some impressions.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Ok so here are some brief impressions from playing one single combat before I turn in for the night. I'll start with the most superficial (aesthetic) observations first, then move on to gameplay:

+ Music is generic but not bad even though game is still in alpha. Sound effects also provide good feedback for hits/dodges.
+ Icons are nice. Team 21 has got some bretty gud artists.
+ Although the PCs are pregens, they do have a nice selection of skills to complement and synergise with one another across the board. If Team 21 can offer more skills to choose from in the final version, I can imagine there would be a good number of permutations for party compositions
+ In addition to class-specific skills, you can also choose to end your turn with defensive moves like Block and Counterattack.
+ Attack of Opportunity is in.
+ You can flank and backstab. Because of AoO, I find this creates a nice risk-benefit balance.
+ Spells have different effects. This makes positioning all the more important. Lightning, for instance, can strike one other random person within a certain range; then there are some spells that require you to fire from beyond Range 1.

- Graphics are on potatoland shovelware level, but you guys probably knew that already

Honestly, I had my doubts about this project. I still do. The graphics and poor translation reek of European shovelware. Maybe someday my $90 will be used to buy a house or hookers'n'blow. HOWEVER - and I do stress this was a major push for my putting in of $90 - while the developers seemingly gave the impression back then that they knew what they were talking about with regard to RPG rulesets, this alpha demonstrates that they're on the right track. I am feeling a lot more optimistic about the final product after playing the alpha. Closely keeping an eye on future developments.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Re: the translation, I might have to redouble and check it again. It might not be as bad as I'm making it out to be, because I'm half asleep atm and may therefore be more prone to exaggeration

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
+I can imagine there would be a good number of permutations for party compositions
+ In addition to class-specific skills, you can also choose to end your turn with defensive moves like Block and Counterattack.
+ Attack of Opportunity is in.
+ You can flank and backstab. Because of AoO, I find this creates a nice risk-benefit balance.
+ Spells have different effects. This makes positioning all the more important.

Sounds bredy gud.

I have never been particularly sold on the merits of blobbers that switch to a tactical map in combat - forwhatpurpose.jpg , blobber combat is so nice! - but the combat at least sounds bredy gud.

Alchemist

Arcane
Thanks for the report udm ! Sounding good to me, I can overlook "shovelware" visuals if the gameplay is great.

As for the translation - well, it's alpha right? Something that can be easily fixed somewhere down the line, before release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom