Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dusk, by New Blood Interactive: a frenetic FPS inspired by olDoom and Quake (2017)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Out now on Early Access:

Why Early Access?
“We've always been committed to building DUSK with our players since DAY ONE. By opening DUSK up to more people in Early Access – we'll be able to get all the DUSKWorld multiplayer testing we need on a larger scale, give you Episode 2 now (why not) and make sure that the full and final launch of DUSK is everything we all want it to be.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“DUSK will remain in Early Access until Episode 3 is finished and DUSKWorld multiplayer is what we'd consider ready for a v1.0 public launch. We expect this all to be done within the next few months!”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The FULL version of DUSK will contain all 3 campaign episodes, 3 endless arenas and v1.0 of DUSKWorld multiplayer - PLUS Steam achievements, leaderboards and trading cards.

Post-launch plans include the DAWN SDK, Steam Workshop, co-op, Mac & Linux versions and who knows what else.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“DUSK currently contains Episode 1, Episode 2 and the DUSKWorld open beta. Both campaign episodes are extremely polished and what we'd consider practically finished and final. The multiplayer is in a very fun and stable beta that has limited bugs and issues.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“No. The price of DUSK will NOT change.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We've been building DUSK with our community since Day 1 and we don't want to stop now. We encourage players to be active on the forums and communicate directly with us at Discord.gg/NewBlood”

shityname

Novice
cJXCF5v.png

Where is the light coming from?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
it's fucking great, i've been waiting decades for a fps like this i almost cried when i played it the last good fps i played was heretic

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
From that video Episode 2 definitely does look better than what I saw of the first one. I was gonna say that it looks like he's learning to gamedev as he goes along. Then I looked him up on Google and saw his previous games. He's actually some guy who once contacted me on YouTube to ask me to play a game of his called Fingerbones. It was very basic, and the puzzles were deceptively dull--I think every solution was to type in a word from a note backward or something, and I got stuck thinking it couldn't be that simple each time. I wasn't a fan then, but I think it confirms that he really is learning to gamedev as he goes along. I'd say this is a definite improvement, and I'll probably get it once all three episodes are out.

Ash

Arcane
Based on that vid it does seem like the dev has inclined a little over episode 1. Level design most notably. I'll wait for the consensus on the full package though.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
the level design is great in both episodes, the levels are just bigger and more complex in 2, which is fine with me, it was the same in doom and heretic.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
the level design is great in both episodes, the levels are just bigger and more complex in 2, which is fine with me, it was the same in doom and heretic.

If you think these levels are big you should try Failout 4

in chapter 2 they're about on par with doom 2/heretic levels and the areas are bigger than hexen 1 (and probably 2 as well), i don't get the bitching about the size. chapter 1 are smaller, like early doom/heretic levels, and they probably should've started ramping up the size after 6 or so but it's not a big deal

you retards will bitch about anything, dusk is easily on par with if not better than blood/quake/duke nukem, the fact that a fps of this quality was produced at all is itself a miracle

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
dusk is easily on par with if not better than blood/quake/duke nukem

Ye ye i'll believe that when i see it. I heard that kind of talk here before and it all turned out to be not true at the end.

Right off the bat the game looks like total shit and that's already something it does worst than the classics, who were all great looking games, with awesome atmosphere and style.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
dusk is easily on par with if not better than blood/quake/duke nukem

Ye ye i'll believe that when i see it. I heard that kind of talk here before and it all turned out to be not true at the end.

Right off the bat the game looks like total shit and that's already something it does worst than the classics, who were all great looking games, with awesome atmosphere and style.

dusk has atmosphere and style. and most early 3d games looked like shit (although dusk looks a bit worse than all of them)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The big difference between this and many, many excellent Quake and Doom mods is apparent in one single glance at a screenshot: the fucking level architecture and overall level design.

This:
Dusk-2017-FPS-rifle-church-red-sky.jpg

Dusk-Level.png

vs this:

dm7rmx.jpg

tumblr_nthddsPTLf1u34e3ko1_1280.png

If you don't see the difference, you're blind.

Yeah man, early 3D shooters surely looked like shit lel.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
kill yourself illiterate cunt
you can play an old fps and enjoy it but it'll never be the same as someone who actually genuinely understands how they are good. people THINK they like this stuff but then they complain about all the so archaic game design and ugly graphics and it might as well be like you don't actually like it all. even if it's not quite like that you're still a dumb faggot for thing dusk is acceptable.

where do you see me complaining about the ugly graphics you fucking retard? I'm the one who enjoys this game the way it is while LS was bitching that it doesn't look as good as modern quake mods with high resolution textures.

the only modern gameplay features this game has is:

1. a sniper rifle.
2. You can pick up objects and move them/throw them

Big fucking deal.

This game has all the elements of the old classics that I enjoyed. Period. If you think otherwise, you're dumber than a sack of bricks.

Ash

Arcane
the only modern gameplay features this game has is:

1. a sniper rifle.
2. You can pick up objects and move them/throw them

Big fucking deal.

Neither of those are modern. Both featured in more than enough 90s FP games, as well as early 00s.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm the one who enjoys this game the way it is while LS was bitching that it doesn't look as good as modern quake mods with high resolution textures.

Bitch, the original game looks no different than those modern maps:

"But, but, muh modern resolution".

Ok, so let's compare Quake in 320 with this game in 320. You think that's going to make a difference at all? Quake is quite clearly the better looking game, in almost every respect.

Now you can say what matters in the end is whether the gameplay is good, and that's true, but my issue is that there's a chance they made the game look retarded on purpose, and that just pisses me off. If this is the best they could do fine, but if it isn't than they need to be called on this crap. This bullshit faux retro pseudo artistic indie fad needs to fucking die. It is just incomprehensible to me how anyone could make worst graphics than a game from fucking 1996. The game has the graphics of a third rate Half Life 1 mod for fuck's sake, or any of the lower rated maps on Quaddicted.

As for the gameplay, as i said this looks like an improvement from what i saw before:

But whether this is equal or "better" than the classics, it's something i have to see first hand before i believe it.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
afaik the game is made by 1 guy who is prob not a real artist, you have no clue what it takes to make graphics for a video game. the graphics quality is somewhere between quake and blood, only without the latter's great artistic sense. quake's style got old really, really fast

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
afaik the game is made by 1 guy who is prob not a real artist, you have no clue what it takes to make graphics for a video game. the graphics quality is somewhere between quake and blood, only without the latter's great artistic sense. quake's style got old really, really fast

Quake style got old so fast they are still making maps for it to this day, more than 20 years later.

Maybe you would have more credibility if you just refrained from saying stupid shit like that.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

Quake style got old so fast they are still making maps for it to this day, more than 20 years later.

Maybe you would have more credibility if you just refrained from saying stupid shit like that.

it's a shitty, boring game, easily the worst of the classics. that people are still playing it 20 years later just means it's autism bait. unless they fixed the major issues with it (few enemies, shitty weapons), which after 20 years of modding I'd imagine someone must have.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

it's a shitty, boring game, easily the worst of the classics.

DraQ , please school this bitch ass.

Ironically, this game looks like Quake almost more than anything else. Lel.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
oh look whos the illiterate cunt now

Still you. Saying they look like shit and complaining they look like shit are two entirely different things. And sorry, to debate with the Mastermind your IQ needs to be this tall to ride. Fuck off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom