Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy is Hellgate London + DX

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
These weapons felt right. Also they had guts to allow one of most powerful weapons from the beginning.

Angthoron

Arcane
So yeah I bought this a couple of days ago. Actually seems like a really neat game, though unpolished as fuck, tabbing out crashes it in 60% of the cases it seems. But the guns are quite satisfying, and the AI, though mainly dumb, has actually surprised me yesterday by flanking while I was distracted with one part of a group. Pretty sure it was just by accident, but still, neat.

Lots of options and stats, have no idea how much any of them influence, but... It's still interesting enough, so far anyway. Too bad they're not polishing it more actively.

Multi-headed Cow

Not alt tabbing well is a Source engine thing. Add this to launch, will alt tab better. -window -noborder -novid

Metro said:
You do, you just seem to be losing your short term memory. :(
Oh well. Excuse me while I go repeating to myself, "it's all right - you're just too focused on your thesis".

Angthoron

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
Not alt tabbing well is a Source engine thing. Add this to launch, will alt tab better. -window -noborder -novid

Worked great, thanks, can tab out without crashing now.

Now I can tab out while 24-H research ticks down.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Wait, you're suppose to finish the game 4 times to see the real ending ?

:what:

I'm on my second run and not entirely bored yet, but 4 times ? Jesus...

That's what I understood reading a few posts in the forums. I didn't want to read whole threads, because I don't want too many spoilers.

edit - I don't think you need to "finish" the fourth time though.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
DramaticPopcorn said:
Childish dialogues and somewhat buggy gameplay aside, it's a great game and I loved every minute of it.

Quality of maps is amazing, art-direction is too japanese, but oh well, I've seen worse. I honestly didn't expect such level of plot interactivity for a modern-day FPS.
:retarded:
On my first (and only, so far) playthrough I have sided with Federation, then double crossed them, switched to that sergant dude and then sided with the Mentor, in the end.

The ending I recieved made me rage a bit, but now that you say there is a real one, I think, I might give it another spin in the future.

Also, you are not supposed to do all the researches on your first playthrogh, dumb nuts.
You could do 5 playthroughs with respawn set to limitless invasion and you still wouldn't get all the researches. Not to mention even if you could the concept doesn't add much to the game as it is right now.
Besides the last two or three levels(which in practice are one or two) there isn't any choice of that kind, and C&C is p. broken or absent, and the game is supposed to be very replayable

Which "action" did you get in that ending, by the way? Sargeant dude? The double agent or the Commander?

Anyway, the actual ending is (spoiler) inconclusive as fuck, not worth all the three playthroughs because of the BSB sections and lack of C&C, the weapons and "actions" are also actually poorly balanced

I... for some reason I gave the game a lot of thought and still can't figure out most of what's real and what isn't

That said I am awaiting the free DLC

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is probably my favourite game this year (alongside Dark Souls). Broken, unfinished, yet so awesome.

I'll give it a couple more playthroughs and then maybe do an LP, trying to decipher what the hell is really going on. I'm just afraid I wouldn't be able to pull that off.

Eyeball

Arcane
This game looks like a buggy, halfway finished hunk of hunk. However, I fucking LOVED Restricted Area, which was all that times ten, so I decided to support my local indie dev and pay the whoremongers at Steam money for it.

It had better be worth my while...

Why on earth is it unrealistic to use shotguns at long distance. Happens all the time - why do you think they use shotguns for bird-hunting?

You do realise that the whole 'shotguns are close range' notion is just an arcadey thing that computer games came up with to give you a reason for greater weapon variety? I mean, the range is pretty variable depending on the kind of gun (though even the shortest range shotguns are still accurate enough that you wouldn't notice any drop-off firing them live), but there's plenty that have similar range to rifles - particularly if they're using slugs rather than buckshot, which again is pretty common unless you're talking farmyard usage.

Yeah that level's a bit of a bitch. Near the Deus Ex near the downed spaceship is a set of descending stairs and a way forward. Through the way forward is a base with roughly 20 guys in it, you kill them and hack a computer or two which then opens up an elevator which is at the bottom of the aforementioned stair case. Once inside you meet The Skeleton King who tasks you with killing 20 human(oids). I managed to do this after having cleared the base out and with the minimal reinforcements setting by killing a group of 3 ladies in white, looking away, then upon looking back finding them respawned. After you do this you go back to the King and he opens up a teleporter where once through you have the option of siding with your mentor or the faction.

The level after is a confusing maze of an urban area where there are roughly three enemies throughout it, the goal is to find your mentor's teacher and get some answers. After talking to him the next level is just the home base where you have to mow down everyone eventually killing the commander. Then you have to replay the game a few times changing which side you choose in order to get the 'true' ending which apparently is just this. So all in all you didn't miss much by quitting when you did.

Oriebam

70%? Are you sure? In 3 playthroughs(part of the first playthrough was played on invasion, rest on normal) I don't think I even got to half and after some I just kept getting the same research drops, my game was unpatched and I managed to find out what to do p. quickly once I found the base with the fed guy and hacked the way to the Immortal King creature :smug:

If you side with the commander you just have to kill some Jian faggot in a p. straightforward level filled with them... apparently they have a separate base for some reason?(spoiler: you have to kill Rimanah anyway) you also talk to the legendary godwolf(it's mentioned a few times) in this one, who IIRC ends up dying and disappearing p. quickly

I'm guessing you get the same reward for normally siding with the mentor in the ending dramaticpopcorn described

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I saw mention of some free DLC. Have they done much of anything with this game in the intervening two or three months since it's release?

Oriebam

They announced the DLC in september, check their website

ortucis

Prophet
M4BE1R0 said:
They announced the DLC in september, check their website

I stopped paying attention to this game after this thread but I didn't know they already fixed the game and moved on to DLC. :O

Eyeball

Arcane
Bought the game - it's a fairly well made piece of shit, IMO. It's far more like Borderlands than Deus Ex though, and unlike Borderlands, the combat seems pretty compelling so far. I have great sympathy for any game where human enemies actually have the decency to DIE after being shot in the face with an assault rifle.

But good lord, the respawns! The respawns, man! I thought the game would be like STALKER where you'd have to hoard resources and every hit was lethal, instead I've taken to firing full-auto pretty much constantly because of RESPAWNS! What kind of bot death match is this?!

Still, decent effort. Requires tons of patching and probably a fan translation or two, though.

lightbane

Arcane
So, after finishing Human Constipation I decided to give this game a try. Holy shit, it's intense, an actual non-popamole and hard FPS?? I'm surprised.

I have the latest patch, but I have some questions that you could solve: I'm playing on Hardcore and the Respawn set to "Normal", but there's an option to limit these respawns. How exactly are "limited"? I mean, I guess it reduces the enemy waves to a fixed number, but I'm not sure. Also, I don't know if that's a bug or due some sort of fatal wound my character received, but I'm unable to heal to full health: Even if I use the medikit, there's always a small portion of the health bar that's not filled (I have 120 hp but I can only get 90 for some reason). By the way, is there a way to fix these fatal wounds? And to increase the extremely small font size used for the texts?

thesoup

Arcane
I think fatal wounds are permanent "irreversible lessons" as the game says.

You should wait for your medkit to charge before using it.

I think the game shines more in coop because it allows more min maxing. A 4 player campaign could feature some awesome builds.

ortucis

Prophet
thesoup said:
I think the game shines more in coop because it allows more min maxing. A 4 player campaign could feature some awesome builds.

They didn't even finish the SP but they didn't forget to add MP mode. Even DeusEx added it later in a patch..

lightbane

Arcane
thesoup said:
I think fatal wounds are permanent "irreversible lessons" as the game says.

You should wait for your medkit to charge before using it.

I already know that, but I still can't refill all of my character's health no matter how long I wait and how many times I use the medikit.

Eyeball

Arcane
I read about this somewhere. I believe it is related to your difficulty setting - EYE being the buggy piece of crap that it is, they don't just shorten your HP bar by 20%, they make it impossible to heal the last 20% on higher difficulty settings.

Alter difficulty and see what that gives you.

thesoup

Arcane
ortucis said:
thesoup said:

They didn't even finish the SP but they didn't forget to add MP mode. Even DeusEx added it later in a patch..
You should see the player character animations in coop, especially while climbing ladders.

All in all, as buggy and unpolished the game is, its a really interesting concept which wasn't present since Deus Ex. I hope these guys learn something out of this and make a (spiritual) sequel and make that fucker shine like E.Y.E should have shined.

I know it's just wishful thinking on my part and that if they ever make a sequel it'll be a popamole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom