Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy is Hellgate London + DX

lightbane said:
By the way, is there a way to fix these fatal wounds?
There's the appropriate research, you'll likely need to go through the campaign more than once or grind like no tomorrow to get it.

lightbane

Arcane
Eyeball said:
I read about this somewhere. I believe it is related to your difficulty setting - EYE being the buggy piece of crap that it is, they don't just shorten your HP bar by 20%, they make it impossible to heal the last 20% on higher difficulty settings.

Alter difficulty and see what that gives you.

Figures :x . Thanks for the help gentlemen, I'll see what I can do.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
what the fuck, I found what appears to be another mentor corpse on that map with the portal you use to resume the plot, you know, where you find the mentor and there's some player character monologues

it was also draining energy on certain areas, which never happened to me on this map (wasn't the perpetual energy drain bug you get sometimes when you die either, more like when you talk to the synicle trio)

how do you trigger this? p. sure the corpse and drain effect wasn't there until now, I'm halfway through a fourth playthrough, lost all of the "ending-related actions"

CorpseZeb

Learned
Eyeball said:
I read about this somewhere. I believe it is related to your difficulty setting - EYE being the buggy piece of crap that it is, they don't just shorten your HP bar by 20%, they make it impossible to heal the last 20% on higher difficulty settings.

Alter difficulty and see what that gives you.

Yup, I tried at first "ghost" difficulty and... well... bloody hell over my humble fps skill. Hardcore is nicely hardcore enough, though...

Captain Shrek

Shit game. Not worth 2.50. Just pirate and see if you are into these kinds of things.

EDIT: Probably being too harsh. Will try again to check if there is change in opinion.

Multi-headed Cow

Bit odd, but a fairly large patch just landed for this.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/8079/
Haven't played with it with the patch so I can't say what noticeable impact (If any) the AI improvements had, but nice to see they're still supporting it. Game's weird as hell but kinda cool.

ortucis

Prophet
Interesting. Might as well try it again now since I don't have anything else to play.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Kind of regret not getting this when it was like 2.50 bucks, DX HR for one didn't exactly feel all that augmenty, more like 'battery powered sleepytimesy'.

Multi-headed Cow

You will always be welcome, brother Meltdown. The god-Gaben works in mysterious ways and will shine his light upon you again in the future.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've yet to sit down and figure it out. You basically have to learn by doing since there's no manual and a lot of the in-game instructions/descriptions/tutorials are incomprehensible in English. Still, it's a decent game albeit extremely rough. From reading the Steam forums it seems like the developers have been coasting on the money they got the last few months and don't have many plans to support the game past this recent patch. One even mentioned working on a sequel/second game. I suggested they might want to hire a better translator this time. For $2.50, it isn't bad, I just have to work up the desire to wade through it. Of course, the Source engine doesn't do it any favors. It's not really that great for FPS games.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
5406a68d.jpg

You will always be welcome, brother

oscar

Arcane
This game is fucking awesome.

Deus Ex gameplay as stats are important, there's multiple ways to complete missions and seems to be a respectable amount of C&C. I don't wish to spoil the story or setting, but your in for a treat (think Dark Heresy or Rouge Trader with some cyberpunk and a strong dose of acid).

Bugs seem to have been the main complaint but there's been a recent patch and all I've suffered is a single crash.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
the main complaint but there's been a recent patch and my only complaint is a single crash.

My main complaint is that core gameplay revolves around killing dozens of respawning enemies over and over again. Stopped playing and uninstalled after first couple of real missions.

I was optimistic until I read this...fucking respawns...

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the main complaint but there's been a recent patch and my only complaint is a single crash.

My main complaint is that core gameplay revolves around killing dozens of respawning enemies over and over again. Stopped playing and uninstalled after first couple of real missions.

I was optimistic until I read this...fucking respawns...
I haven't played lately, but the latest patch is supposed to remove respawning enemies, I think.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
You can adjust the respawns in the menu to make enemies harder and fewer. At lower settings, respawn is barely an issue in the campaign levels, and Serious Sam levels of enemies is half the fun of the side missions.

oscar

Arcane
This game really needs a deathmatch mode. Was pretty disappointing finding there's only co-op when this game would be so awesome with PvP.

Oriebam

what's up with the new maps? it's probably generic content, but I'm still curious

also
Updated: Removed the possibility to answer with the keyboard during dialogues.
:retarded:

Oriebam

oscar

Arcane
http://eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=news&news=37

A new very big E.Y.E update including 4 new solo/coop levels, but above all the new and totally free DLC are coming soon, and it will add the long-awaited PvP named Blood Games.

E.Y.E: Blood Games takes you into player competitions with new and varied maps.

Battle Royal:

In this round by round competition, the last man standing wins. All other participants are enemies!
You start each round with a random weapon and armor. Your aim is to finish the game with the most possible points.
You get points when you kill an enemy and also, when you are the survivor of the round.
You are free to use one of your existing Avatar, including one from the solo.
Some of your PSI and cyber powers are deactivated in this game mode.

Team Artifact:

Team competition. In this mode, Jians confront Culters for the artifact control. To do that you need to:
Take the artifact and carry it to the enemy area.
If the artifact is in the enemy area, the round ends. A new one will start and players will return to their initial positions.
Each team starts with an amount of resurectors. You win the round when the other team runs out of resurectors. There are several ways to do it:

Carrying the artifact to the enemy area.
Killing an enemy.
Hacking special interfaces.
At the beginning of the game, choose your team and character class.

Konjad

Damn, I've been longing for a multiplayer deathmatch version of this game for ages (for anyone who hasn't think of a bizarre psychedelic Deux Ex on crack with some WH40K thrown in). Bit of a shame they had to deactivate some of the more over-the-top powers but it likely would have been impossible to balance teleporting inside an enemy from across the map and making them implode or shifting anything (even bosses) permanently out of this dimension.

eye-divine-cybermancy--20110803022258223.jpg

eye_blood_games_2.jpg

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
You'll most likely see a couple of my maps in that DLC, I was working on them before I was let go.

thesoup

Arcane
I never really thought to myself "Wow. Deathmatches could really improve this game.". Looking forward to the 4 new sp / coop locations though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom