Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2017 - June 10-15 - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ye, for Xbox it was the new console itself that was biggest news, not the games.
Somewhat futureproof with 4k visuals and downsampling to 1080p and will probably drop in price fast to 400.
Fuckload of games available, even the 360 backcompatible library is huge and will get even bigger with OG Xbox games with classics like Shenmue 2, Crimson Skies, Timesplitters and other shit.
Legacy gaming like on PC but without troubleshooting. Whats not to like?

And Ubisoft showed the best games, pretty shit sells, big brands hit hard and they gonna sell a billion of these.
Shame they didnt show some gameplay from Beyond good2... but knowing Ancel its probably gonna be fun as fuck to play and a pleasure to look at regardless of how the story gonna play out.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
BF1 new maps look awesome to play.

People seem to forget that the last Battlefront gameplay-wise was dull and weak.

Betheseda should be consumed by Hellfire.

Anthem graphics are amazing, and flying around evokes some good memories I had with GTA 4 Iron Man Mod. But since it's from BioWhore I shoulhn't expect nothing.

Cuphead and Sonic Mania. Just pure :incline:

Activision is begging for attention with the new Call of Duty: World War Battlefield I II.

Far Cry 5. Exactly the same has 3 and 4 but now with co-op and dogmeat. Genius.

BG&E 2.
serveimage

Ass Creed: We Waz Edition has a world to big for its on good. And it's now an RPG... fuck you Ubisoft. :argh:

Although I am starting to agree with Super Bunnyhop. Their single player games are garbage but their multiplyer ones are a different matter. Skull x Bones was very pleasent surprise.

Shadow of War nice. Wargroove nice.

Sea of Thieves migh be worth it... maybe.

LawBreakers got me a bit hyped. But I still think bunnyhoping might have been a better way for a twich experience.

Echo Arena is the one of the reasons why console gaming will always be worse than PC gaming. The PC has a plattform is constatly changing, and that why it can easily have things that consoles cannot.

NO FROM GAMEs!!! WHAT HERESY IS THIS!!!

God of War has potencial. Specially now that they ditched that pope-a-mole shit they called combat and remade it.

Team Ico most overrated game actually got a nice face-lift. But it's still Shadow of the Awesome under neath. So the game will lack any challenge and get boring after the third collossus.

Spider-Man seems to be a 1 playtrough only game of the main quest. Still looking foward.

The new Monster Hunter seems good.

Trying not to get too hyped for Metroid Prime 4 in case they dissapoint.

The new Zelda: Breasts of Wild DLC seems to be fun and challenging.:incline:

Mario Odssey :incline::incline:

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
In the end.

-XBONE just puked shit while praying anything would hit the mark. The "exclusive" talk was fucking hilarious since most of those games are already on PC (or will be realeased), and also since you can play X-Box shit on Win 10.

-Sony is stil a disapointment.

-Nintendo gained this year's E3 again, by the single fact they seem the only console delelopers nowadays that spend more money on actual fucking gameplay than marketing.

Lol the codex is so butthurt by the Xbox One S, it's fucking hilarious. Are you guys really suggesting that Nintendo or Sony had a better showing? Give me a break.

Since there were no 40+ games as console exclusives

When did I say this? :|

Let the negative ratings flow! Prove my point! :D
The only negative rating are 'dislike' and 'racist' and the former rating isn't a stock rating.

DemonKing

Arcane
I agree that the whole thing was pretty disappointing. The XBOX X looks decent but buying an X BOX doesn't make much sense to me given I have a decent PC rig and all X BOX games are now going to be on PC anyway. I like the look of some of the PS games (Days Gone, Uncharted spinoff, Spider-Man) but will probably need to upgrade my aging TV before I think about buying a PS4. I don't care for Ubisoft sandbox games no matter how tempting the thought of killing Southern Rednecks is. Nobody announced a decent sounding CRPG.

Underwhelming basically.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Welp, after that Nintendo presentation I might have to buy my first console in a decade or so.

lightbane

Arcane
Metroid Prime 4... What about (classic) Metroid V? :negative:

They killed AMR2 for something that likely recycles the concept with barely any changes... Other than having Samus going EXTREME!! on her enemies. Is she trying to (over)compensate after Metroid OM's fiasco?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A bit more interesting than yesterday, but still no Real RPG(tm)

Last edited:

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
2.5D Metroid 2 remake on the 3DS is both hype and also :incline: tbh

Developer: Mercurystream

Yeah I'm sure the guys who completely fucked up 'Vania will do a good job with Metroid.
No matter how badly it could turn out there's literally no way it can turn out as badly as Other M & Federation Force simply based on what we've seen of Samus Returns.

It's basically an incline no matter what happens at this point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom