Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2017 - June 10-15 - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's not when you compare it to others which have games without gameplay, Nintendo has the biggest ammount of games coming out with actual gameplay.

That's bullshit and you know it. Microsoft showed over 40 games, .

Yea and not a single of those games were able to get anyone excited as much as super mario odyssey. Which quite possibly might be the best game ever created.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Metro was the best.

Everything else
pile_of_shit.gif

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not when you compare it to others which have games without gameplay, Nintendo has the biggest ammount of games coming out with actual gameplay.

That's bullshit and you know it. Microsoft showed over 40 games, .

Yea and not a single of those games were able to get anyone excited as much as super mario odyssey. Which quite possibly might be the best game ever created.
LOL, if you think Super Mario Odyssey might be the best game ever created, you have some seriously low standards. And this is coming for me, so you know you have fucked up. Super Mario rehashes the same gameplay with a few new gimmicks tacked on each time. Right now, it's throwing your hat and take over other charecter's body. Because that hasn't been done before.

Super Mario games are polished with simple, fun mechanics and good level design, but if you have played a few of them, they don't offer too much.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Yeah no one was even making this argument

Sorry, got you confused with this guy.

There were about 20 exclusive titles in their showing.

And I'm not a Microsoft fanboy. Just in terms of new content and hardware it's pretty easy to say that Microsoft won.

And the quoted material doesn't make that argument. Are you retarded?

New content = more games, more exclusives (most launch exclusives only but still).

Where did I say that rehashing was ok when Microsoft did it as opposed to when Nintendo did it? I'll wait.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Super Mario rehashes the same gameplay with a few new gimmicks tacked on each time

What a every proper sequel should do.

Super Mario games are polished with simple, fun mechanics and good level design, but if you have played a few of them, they don't offer too much.

That's like saying fallout 1 is polished with simple, fun rpg mechanics, good system design, if you played fallout 1 or 2 ....... get the point ?

Where is fallout 3, 4 ,5 ,6 that is enhancement of fallout 1 and 2? Mario odyssey is just that.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
So much time wasted on VR stuff.
Sadly, this is a trend that will continue for some time until these corporate suits realise nobody wants this overpriced gimmicky garbage. After wasting billions $ ofc.

I understand the obsession of VR but, the technology obviously just isn't there yet.

What's a half decent VR unit even going for these days? $2K+? Who the fuck wants to spend their money on this shit.

Momock

Augur
Mario Odyssey is more thsnt just "an enhencement". Every new thing you see about the game (gameplay or environement) is another big surprise, it doesn't stop!

Who says it's a "rehash" is fucking retarded. It could be a totaly new IP just by changing the characters, nobody could tell it's Mario in disguise.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Mario Odyssey is more thsnt just "an enhencement". Every new thing you see about the game (gameplay or environement) is another big surprise, it doesn't stop!

It's the same basic formula with copy abilities (Kirby) and pseudo open world elements with fast travel via a big ass hat. It's a departure from the typical Mario game, but it's not reinventing the wheel or anything.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

It's the same basic formula with copy abilities (Kirby) and pseudo open world elements with fast travel via a big ass hat. It's a departure from the typical Mario game, but it's not reinventing the wheel or anything.

zelda, mario kart deluxe

Nintendo has 3 games which are worth playing with metroid prime 4 that is 4......... microsoft none, sony maybe new god of war, rest of developers showed shit also.

Nintendo is not reinventing the wheel, but other companies are breaking the wheel turning it into a rectangle.

I'm not a Nintendo fan boy, i never owned a Nintendo in my life, but I give credit where credit is due and this might be the first time I go Nintendo.

Where did I say that rehashing was ok when Microsoft did it as opposed to when Nintendo did it? I'll wait.

Your argument is that both Microsoft and Nintendo pump out cash cow franchises for loser fanboys but MS clearly won because they delivered more of those (and those who gave negative ratings are butthurt about the XBONEXBONEXBONEX) , so you either have a weird definition of winning or you're being extra lenient with MS.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Your argument is that both Microsoft and Nintendo pump out cash cow franchises for loser fanboys but MS clearly won because they delivered more of those (and those who gave negative ratings are butthurt about the XBONEXBONEXBONEX) , so you either have a weird definition of winning or you're being extra lenient with MS.

Upon searching vigorously in my search history and coming up with nothing you come up with some gay shit that I never said, cool. Partially right, though, Microsoft showed more content and a new console which is the most powerful on the market. You may not like it, but they had a larger and more diverse showing than any other big name this E3. That was my argument. Splurge on that if you want.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
A few edgy teenagers in here or dudes who gotta have that grimdark QTE action. Nintendo did save E3 for a lot of fans by showing they were actually listening by making that mediocre Star Fox game last year, announcing two Metroids, Pikmin 4 name dropped again, Mario (of course), decent Pokemon stuff in the works, Splatoon 2, Yoshi, Kirby, and some other shit I can't recall..SMT and Xenoblade and some other weebo shit. Xbox has nothing that the PC does not have (and what they have is not that great..Terry Crews?) which leaves Sony with...a bunch of sequels and TLoU inspired garbage. Of course a couple decent FPS games are coming out. A couple come out every year. They shat them out with little change in between.

The reason Mario is being pushed as a big reveal is they finally went big again with the series. It appears to be a leap much like from Super Mario World to Super Mario 64. For those that must have that great popamole action I am sure they will not enjoy the latest Nintendo offerings, but then again these are the people responsible for the decline. They buy every CoD released, think Skyrim is the best RPG ever, and buy the PS4 Pro (soon XboXXX) because they think it's the best graphics they can get with a vidgy game. I'm sure E3 was great to people like that. I know Nintendo detractors hate hearing "But we got Mario and Link and Samuuuuus guuuyss" but it must be said Microsoft and Sony are no better, especially this year.

But this notion that Microsoft somehow pulled through is total bullshit. Ultimately NOTHING at E3 was shown that really shook things up. We got more remasters, remakes, and sequels, with one or two reveals that a lot of people don't care about. Thank God the PC doesn't really worry too much about E3. This is why PC's have always been old reliable for me.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
A few edgy teenagers in here or dudes who gotta have that grimdark QTE action. Nintendo did save E3 for a lot of fans by showing they were actually listening by making that mediocre Star Fox game last year, announcing two Metroids, Pikmin 4 name dropped again, Mario (of course), decent Pokemon stuff in the works, Splatoon 2, Yoshi, Kirby, and some other shit I can't recall..SMT and Xenoblade and some other weebo shit. Xbox has nothing that the PC does not have (and what they have is not that great..Terry Crews?) which leaves Sony with...a bunch of sequels and TLoU inspired garbage. Of course a couple decent FPS games are coming out. A couple come out every year. They shat them out with little change in between.

The reason Mario is being pushed as a big reveal is they finally went big again with the series. It appears to be a leap much like from Super Mario World to Super Mario 64. For those that must have that great popamole action I am sure they will not enjoy the latest Nintendo offerings, but then again these are the people responsible for the decline. They buy every CoD released, think Skyrim is the best RPG ever, and buy the PS4 Pro (soon XboXXX) because they think it's the best graphics they can get with a vidgy game. I'm sure E3 was great to people like that. I know Nintendo detractors hate hearing "But we got Mario and Link and Samuuuuus guuuyss" but it must be said Microsoft and Sony are no better, especially this year.

But this notion that Microsoft somehow pulled through is total bullshit. Ultimately NOTHING at E3 was shown that really shook things up. We got more remasters, remakes, and sequels, with one or two reveals that a lot of people don't care about. Thank God the PC doesn't really worry too much about E3. This is why PC's have always been old reliable for me.

Are you refering to this shit as going big? Cause that looks pretty fucking garbage to me.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Are you refering to this shit as going big? Cause that looks pretty fucking garbage to me.

So whats the problem with this? It's a normal game and not QTE cinematic garbage.

The point is not that Nintendo is doing anything special, they are just making a normal game as opposed to other companies which make QTE cinematic garbage without gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom