Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA/Mythic Entertainment mount Ultima's corpse so they can kill it again

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Three, if you count modern day Ultima Online.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
They are closing down DAoC and UO soon. The end of an era.... like a grandparent dying. Just like family, everyone already stripped them of their valuables and stopped visiting when they became depressing to be around.

Mortmal

Arcane
When have they stated UO would be shut down?

Theres nothing about them closing UO anywhere, and i highly doubt they would, its still making money ,having expansions last being naval one, costing them nothing. Having a look at stratics, things are going on as usual with weekly events.
http://uo2.stratics.com/posts/39510

After all those years even the old client still ages very well , i would play again a rpg looking like this :
attachment.php

flabbyjack

Arcane
Mortmal That client is stable as can be. It was a tragedy when they tried to update it into 3d.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/ultima/ultima14.htm

It wasn't until Ultima Online that MMORPGs became a phenomenon, sucking up years of player lifetime and making millions of dollars in sales and monthly subscription fees. Ultima Online is the granddaddy of them all, the game that introduced the concept to the general game-playing public, popularized the genre, and invented most of the traits and concepts we associate with it. ... The very term "massively-multiplayer online role-playing game" was coined by Richard Garriott to describe Ultima Online

Mortmal

Arcane
Mortmal That client is stable as can be. It was a tragedy when they tried to update it into 3d.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/ultima/ultima14.htm

It wasn't until Ultima Online that MMORPGs became a phenomenon, sucking up years of player lifetime and making millions of dollars in sales and monthly subscription fees. Ultima Online is the granddaddy of them all, the game that introduced the concept to the general game-playing public, popularized the genre, and invented most of the traits and concepts we associate with it. ... The very term "massively-multiplayer online role-playing game" was coined by Richard Garriott to describe Ultima Online

The first 3D client was indeed a tragedy , remember the introduction of flashy neon color and uber loot. I cant remmber ugliest paperdolls in a videogame. Now kingdom reborn is much more acceptable, but i think its not really worth switching , when i tried there was some lethal animation delays on pvp.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Game will launch at summer ; exact date announced at E3. iOS platforms, "more to follow".

Funny, the alpha client was for Windows ; guess something made them change their priority.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game will launch at summer ; exact date announced at E3. iOS platforms, "more to follow".

Funny, the alpha client was for Windows ; guess something made them change their priority.

They announced months ago that it would be a mobile exclusive launch. Did you forget the butthurt?

DraQ

Arcane
Statistically speaking its only a matter of time before one of those rapist/necromancers and a disgruntled fan of one of the raped franchises who also just happens to be mentally unstable and prone to random acts of violence meet by random chance and someone gets ripped a new one.
You know.
:smug:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
I am glad the horrible writing I witnessed was only temporary. I hope they kept the "people are complicated" line from the alpha, explaining why there are eight virtues.

Cant wait to use my Sword of Compassion.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://ios.appsgoer.com/ultima-forever-quest-for-the-avatar-review-9521.html

Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar is an epic action RPG that features an enormous open world and promises hundreds of hours of gameplay. On top of that, the game is free-to-play and supports co-op dungeon diving with up to three other players online.​

Ultima Forever is a lot of fun to play and it has an enormous amount of content. The entire game can be reasonably completed solo and without buying a single IAP, if that's how you choose to play. The world of Britannia is rich and full of great stories. Mythic has to iron out some kinks with the game's performance, but I'm hopeful it will get much better before they release the game worldwide.​

8.8​

MAJESTIC!

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Oh man.

From their official Facebook. They have decided to do summary for eight virtues, there is this gem hidden in the middle of the post.
Compassion is associated with not one but TWO cities - both Britain and Cove. Britain is the primary city to follow Compassion, arguably due to it being the capital of Britannia. However, Cove is the city closest to the shrine and shares in its influence.

Jesus Fucking Christ, they KNOW nothing about the Ultima lore. Not even the fucking basics. And they dare to say it out loud. This is the kind of game you can expect.

Cove was the city of Love, not compassion, fucktards. How could you call yourself Ultima developpers and fans and ignore this ? This is not a small detail either; it's a bout a whole fucking city. What the hell...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh man.

From their official Facebook. They have decided to do summary for eight virtues, there is this gem hidden in the middle of the post.
Compassion is associated with not one but TWO cities - both Britain and Cove. Britain is the primary city to follow Compassion, arguably due to it being the capital of Britannia. However, Cove is the city closest to the shrine and shares in its influence.

Jesus Fucking Christ, they KNOW nothing about the Ultima lore. Not even the fucking basics. And they dare to say it out loud. This is the kind of game you can expect.

Cove was the city of Love, not compassion, fucktards. How could you call yourself Ultima developpers and fans and ignore this ?

Actually this is arguable. Empath Abbey was the castle of Love. Otherwise, the principles didn't really have cities. There was no city of Courage or Truth. Cove was an oddball city.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Actually this is arguable. Empath Abbey was the castle of Love. Otherwise, the principles didn't really have cities. There was no city of Courage or Truth. Cove was an oddball city.
True, the principles were associated with the non-city major structures (Empath Abbey, Serpent's Hold and the Lycaeum). Cove was a town not a city, and like other towns (Paws, Vesper, and later Terfin) it didn't have any virtue or principle associated with it, or indeed have anything to do with the Virtue system, it was just there to make the world more alive and natural. Taxalot's point still stands though, making it "the other city of Compassion" is beyond retarded. It's the U9 way of doing Virtues - making them into this magical force that has a physical effect on the world. Which city was associated with which virtue was something that LB (in-game) decided in U4, not some magical influence that emanates form the shrines and makes everyone in the close-by city follow that virtue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom