Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Earth Defense Force 4.1 released to Steam! EDF! EDF!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I always thought these EDF games were kind of shitty, although I have never played them. Am I missing out on something good?

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
SHIT FUCING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I only played the PS2 title. Even with the gut-wrenching slowdown, I enjoyed the everliving FUCK out of it. The sheer scale- destruction - carnage!

And now you put in giant fucking robots (Which Sandlot does WELL- see Robot Alchemic Drive), Powered Armor, PILE BUNKERS, and 60FPS!

I absolutely can not WAIT
:bounce::bounce::bounce::incline::incline::incline::bounce::bounce::bounce::dance::dance::dance:

And laclongquan, this game is already localized.

I always thought these EDF games were kind of shitty, although I have never played them. Am I missing out on something good?
Closest comparison I can make is - take Serious Sam, make it 3rd person, exchange levels for HUGE city-scapes where every single building is demolishable , and exchange headless kamikaze for HORDES of insectoids, robots, and other assorted huge aliens.
And when I say hordes, I do mean HORDES - think the Starship Troopers movie kind of hordes.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Don't worry! This will be in full English. The Japs are just a bit lazy with some of their videos.

Anyway, this series really does encompass "VIDEO GAME". I mean, like.. It's the kind of "generic" game you'd see in some shitty sitcom where people bash their controllers and sounds come outta the screen.

But ... it WORKS. It works, beautifully.

tormund

Arcane
Eh, I'm not sure if I understand the exact appeal of these. They always looked like third person Serious Sam (hordes of random enemies on open maps, giant bosses...) with jetpacks to me. They are also supposed to be p boring if they are not played in co op, right?

Jack Dandy

Arcane
They're plenty of fun in single player, imo. Never played it in MP.
Just like Serious Sam!

Last edited:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Thankfully, I didn't buy it for the PS4 considering the ludicrously high price, even though I wanted to.

:mrpresident:

Last edited:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Do not go there, friend. Oh oh ohOHHHH, but this is vexing. Your opinion is completely and utterly blashphemous, I can hardly begin to explain..

Geez. Geez, christ. Listen - Insect Armageddon is a shoddy, watered-down title made by western developers. This kind of game is SUPPOSED to be made by Japanese. They are the only ones who can take "ridiculous" and make it work.
If you liked IA, then 4.1 will melt your brain.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Ridiculous. If you have that fucked up a brain that you believe developers are trying to make fun of you, then you need to get yourself checked out.

Realistic western shit is boring & drab. It's the last kind of thing needed for this sort of thing.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
i only played insect armageddon and i found it awesome in its sheer ignorance, but this... feels just too "japanese".
Well, it is a Japanese game.

I'd probably hold out for a GOG release, XSEED seems to have a good relationship with them. EDF was always a blast so I'm glad we get to see the regular series on the PC as well. I'd be up for a few rounds with my Codex bros if y'all are up to it. Oof, hope I can run it.

DramaticPopcorn

Played on console awhile ago. Was fun as hell, want more. Good thing this comes out, will wait for port report tho

tormund

Arcane
which is why so many "serious" players got so irritated with Japanese games. They feel like the games are making fun of them, and indeed it's making fun of them.
I really have no idea where you're getting this from. Even around here you have a bunch of "serious" players that love their Jap games, and you comment about japanese games making fun of games and gamers make me think of some pretentious hipster that is trying to justify (both to himself and to his like) his liking of some nippon games by pretending that they are intentionally tongue in cheek, meta, commentaries/critiques of gamers or gameplay conventions...

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
i only played insect armageddon and i found it awesome in its sheer ignorance, but this... feels just too "japanese".
Well, it is a Japanese game.

dark souls is a japanese game too, and it doesn't need to be retarded.
Not every game needs to be Dark Souls (which seems to be brought up every time Japan is even mentioned on the Codex), or grim dark for that matter. Light-hearted b movie setting fits the series just fine. Much more tolerable than the bland Insect Armageddon.

Kinda was excited for this but then I saw that they want 50$ for this,
Unlike the PS4, there's always sales. Though games like these take a while to get cheap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom