Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Earth Defense Force 4.1 released to Steam! EDF! EDF!

The Fish

Arcane
Kinda was excited for this but then I saw that they want 50$ for this,

Unlike the PS4, there's always sales. Though games like these take a while to get cheap.

I was under the impression that it would be 30% off at release for a while.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not enough DLC. 30% off is still too much. This is just a derpy multiplayer shooter you'd pay no more than $10-15 for.

lightbane

Arcane
Good news. The :incline: is coming to Steam (and maybe GOG). However, there's something I have to ask: why isn't this thread in the JRPG subforum? All good games are already there. :troll:

Martius

Liturgist
So what? There are topics of Japanese games which are anything but rpg there.

tormund

Arcane
Yeah, some Japanese games still pay too much attention to that gameee....p...p...plaayy thing, so they don't mesh well with their western contemporaries. We should keep the high standrd of this subforum, with all the cinematic setpieces, generic open worlds, procedurally generated content, and of course emotional engagement.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS YOU DESTROY INSECTS ANSD GIANT ROBOTS AND SHIT WITH NO FUCJKIONG REGARD FOR THE LOCAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND POPULATION

LEVELLIING THE ENTIRE CITY WITH ROCKETS TO SNIPE THE BUGS FROM FAR AWAY IS FUN

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Why is my game not out yet? I thought steam generally released games all at once each day, same time they update sales and shit.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of getting this, older AMD processors (specifically Phenom II's and maybe others) seem to be unable to run the missions, and you get a crash once they finish loading.

Bahamut

Arcane
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of getting this, older AMD processors (specifically Phenom II's and maybe others) seem to be unable to run the missions, and you get a crash once they finish loading.

Same on my on my ancient C2Q Q6600, its generaly lack of SSE4.1 that causes crashes

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Pro tip for anyone playing the series for the first time: The weapons you get in higher difficulties completely trivialize the lower difficulties. It's actually quite easy to complete the first few missions on higher difficulties with the starting weapons, simply due to the terrain and enemies involved. But if you do that, you'll make a LOT of the weapons obsolete right off the bat. If you want to just skip normal entirely that's fine, but I'd actually suggest beating the game on normal first before going back and replaying missions on hard etc. Gives you more weapon variety to fool around with over the course of the game, instead of having weapons with awesome properties from the start. It's not just better damage the stronger weapons have, but things like improved AoE, rate of fire, range, accuracy, clip size, etc. Not to mention just entirely better mechanics like cluster bombs, homing attacks, piercing attacks, etc.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bought this on the basis of you shills, this better be good. Hey, I figure I like grindy games and I like killing giant bugs, so how could it be a miss?

I hope there's ant diplomacy!

gave it a try.
boring weapons, boring missions, boring loot system, excruciatingly slow to walk around, nothing to do between missions.
when is it going to become fun?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's a LAN party game like L4D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom