Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Eisenwald: Blood of November - standalone expansion for Legends of Eisenwald

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It has some lite rpg elements but so does my underwear and I don't post about it on the rpg forum and try and trick rpg players into buying it.
You should. I am sure JRPG otakus would appreciate and pay you good bucks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684781151/eisenwald-blood-of-november/posts/1671420

Over 25% already! Wallpapers

Your pledges brought us already to 25% on the way to the goal. (I almost wrote to the gold which would also be true). Thank you our RPG Codex bros, the project dashboard says there are already over 30 of you here, thank you our friends and colleagues, thank you all!

A little bit more and something else will start working for us. No, it's not press, we are still reaching out to many different outlets. It's the statistics - 5% more and we don't have to work too hard anymore :) (Many of you probably know that there is Kickstarter 30 rule that says that projects reaching 30% have 90% probability to be funded).

Some of you asked us for wallpapers and here they are in 1920x1080 (please let us know in the comments if you need other sizes):

Thank you again,

Alex and all of us at Aterdux

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I have to say I take issue with these games being listed here and not in the strategy forum or Tacticular Cancer. This isn't an rpg. It has rpg-lite elements but rpgs don't sucker you in to grinding up and building up a team and gearing them out and then rape you in the ass by taking all your shit and team. Fine, I think, that was just the tutorial area, no big loss. But then they do it again to me. Rpgs don't do that. Real rpgs leave your ass alone and don't steal your party, gold, and gear all the time.

And there is no indication this is not actually a real rpg anywhere and no where does it state that this game is a rapist and by posting these extremely non-rpgs in this forum people get suckered in and buy and don't find out the game is a rapist and a blatant non-rpg with rpg lite elements until well after the steam refund window.
While off-topic, you should really take umbrage at the new deus-ex games being in general RPG.

I do. That shit is a disgrace.

I did and do.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684781151/eisenwald-blood-of-november/posts/1672205

Castle improvements

Today we would like to tell you about a few new features that we will add into Legends of Eisenwald mechanics so this Blood of November will have a better gameplay.

We heard quite a few comments from players that castles in our game are not very functional. This was a concern for us too since only few things could be done in the castles - recruiting new troops, healing them and leaving garrisons. In this new game we decided to increase strategic value of the castles. Probably the most interesting and useful innovation would be a possibility of hiring an additional army for patrolling your lands and protecting them from enemy armies, bandits and all kinds of ragamuffins. Moreover, for gold you will be able to improve your brave soldiers!

34ea60d3a1a921a4198d8f0ee2898240_original.jpg

Also, in castles you will be able to open a forge and a trade. These buildings will not only bring you additional income but will allow you to buy weapons, armor and equipment right in your castle.

That's about it for today regarding new game features. We are glad to notice that our Kickstarter campaign is moving steadily towards the goal and is already 43% of the way. That makes us very happy and grateful to you all.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684781151/eisenwald-blood-of-november/posts/1675310

Thank you fellow developers

In today's spontaneous update we would like to thank our fellow developers who supported our campaign by backing/tweeting/posting: Warhorse Studios (Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Stoic (The Banner Saga), Logic Artists (Expeditions: Conquistador), Iron Tower Studio (Age of Decadence), Bitbox (Life is Feudal: Your Own).

And here is a render done for us by Digital Mind Animation in support of our campaign, it's a mix of our and their art:

cca5cc5c12220823f6b684433c08a267_original.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684781151/eisenwald-blood-of-november/posts/1676249

Legends of Eisenwald prototype video

When preparing for this campaign we stumbled upon a video we made long time ago, in June of 2011, almost a year before our Kickstarter campaign in 2012. We made this video to show a few publishers we were talking to at the moment. Take a look to see how much Legends of Eisenwald changed and evolved since then, and Blood of November will be even better!

Tigranes

Arcane
Backed. Looks like it will make it.

Will the modest goal be enough for what you guys need to do?

As for the game, I found that I was more or less OK with other issues like resetting player armies, but as the game wore on the amount of different abilities, character types, enemy types, tactics, etc. in the actual combat grew a bit stifling. Are there plans to add more interesting unit types or abilities, etc. - without losing the 'not too many deus ex machina powers' charm of the existing system?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Backed. Looks like it will make it.

Will the modest goal be enough for what you guys need to do?

As for the game, I found that I was more or less OK with other issues like resetting player armies, but as the game wore on the amount of different abilities, character types, enemy types, tactics, etc. in the actual combat grew a bit stifling. Are there plans to add more interesting unit types or abilities, etc. - without losing the 'not too many deus ex machina powers' charm of the existing system?
Thank you!

Adding new units would be great but it's too costly - both in terms of making models and animations and then add it into the existing combat system. I would love to add some early firearms units but I think we will keep it for a proper Legends of Eisenwald 2! Right now it doesn't make sense financially to add it to the game. And for Blood of November it's too late.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Man, you sure seem way more positive and optimistic about the idea of a sequel than you did a few months ago :) Happy that you guys are doing well, good luck with the KS!
It just took a while to process many things and figure out the direction we want to go. I think now LoE 2 is indeed possible and not so far in the future :) I have good hopes for this KS, $175 pledges are almost all taken, only 1 left and we still have 10 full days to go, many thing can happen!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Man, you sure seem way more positive and optimistic about the idea of a sequel than you did a few months ago :) Happy that you guys are doing well, good luck with the KS!
It just took a while to process many things and figure out the direction we want to go. I think now LoE 2 is indeed possible and not so far in the future :) I have good hopes for this KS, $175 pledges are almost all taken, only 1 left and we still have 10 full days to go, many thing can happen!

Would LoE2 be Kickstarted too?

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I backed the game because I trust the developers.

I played LoE but the story didn't really grab me. Do I need to know the story so I can enjoy this stand alone.

I don't want to sound too harsh but I don't think LoE2 will be success. I think it's safer to go with these stand alone games. Unless you find a way to cut costs for LoE2 (compared to LoE).

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Thank you Brutan.

And no, you didn't need to know the story to play this stand alone.

As for LoE2 I somewhat agree with you - if we again make it another few years without significantly changing it and reducing the costs, nothing good will come out of it. It's a risky bid right now and that's why we are making a stand alone and will be doing something different after that.

Gord

Arcane
Having a new job and thus money to spend, this is a great opportunity to do so. :incline:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684781151/eisenwald-blood-of-november/posts/1680501

Blood of November localizations

In the last few days we got many questions regarding Blood of November localizations. From day 1 it will have English, German, Russian and a language you might not have heard of: Belarusian. (Steam does not even have official support of it). There might be other languages too which might be released day 1 or a little later, right now we can't tell you for sure.

On another note, today we got this email from Kickstarter:

775f010b595bc5dd4b1be452ead05ba0_original.png

While it's indeed a weird number (comments in my facebook said - not weird, it's just 2 to the power of 5 multiplied by 11), it's indeed good to celebrate it!

Thank you,

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Why Belorussian? All the effort that will go into it will be absolutely for nothing and nobody, and it could've been spent doing something actually useful.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I hope the KS works out for you guys considering there's only five four days left. It would be heart wrenching to see another eleventh hour campaign like we had with Copper Dreams, for example.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Why Belorussian? All the effort that will go into it will be absolutely for nothing and nobody, and it could've been spent doing something actually useful.
The thing is we don't need to spend a cent on this, like the full Legends of Eisenwald localization in Belarusian, it will be done for free by our friends who happen to like our games.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Rather unusual that a Kickstarter that got $83,577 isn't even breaking $10k for its successor. I really hope this succeeds. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom