Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls games are terrible, but Elder Scrolls Online is a masterpiece.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
approximately seven hours to download, and...
Wow, only seven? It took me approx. 12-13 hrs, luckily overnight on a weekend to install this.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Yeah WoW has loading screens for continents, and ESO zones have as much content as a WoW continent. The fact is you can play in the same area for weeks any not see a single loading screen. It is a dumb argument made by an idiot looking for excuses to bandwagon with the other idiots who have never played the game and know nothing about it.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, elder Scrolls zones have as much content as wow continents? Who the fuck is retarded enough to say this?

You can finish up an elder Scrolls zone easily in a couple of days.

If you mean 48 hours, then maybe. But you can't even scratch the surface of a zone in a couple of days of normal playing. There are several dungeons in every zone, world mobs, and 50+ quests, not to mention all the crafting materials, chests, treasure maps etc. And there are about 30 of those zones.... I maxed out my WoW character in about 2-3 weeks.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
If you mean 48 hours, then maybe. But you can't even scratch the surface of a zone in a couple of days of normal playing. There are several dungeons in every zone, world mobs, and 50+ quests, not to mention all the crafting materials, chests, treasure maps etc. And there are about 30 of those zones.... I maxed out my WoW character in about 2-3 weeks.
Not true, take the orcs expansion zone, I arrived there, there was already a zerg doing all the world bosses, in an hour I did all of those plus the public dungeon...

Next up the delves, you can do all the delves in a zone, plus all the shards in a couple of hours.

Next up, the quests, if you try to 100% the quests in a zone, you can easily do it in a couple of nights, 6 to 8 hours max.

Zones, except for the Pvp one, are tiny, and considering how easy it was faceroll these leveled mobs with a pet sorcerer with only one active skill, force pulse spam.

Wayward Son

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Not true, take the orcs expansion zone, I arrived there, there was already a zerg doing all the world bosses, in an hour I did all of those plus the public dungeon...

Next up the delves, you can do all the delves in a zone, plus all the shards in a couple of hours.
Serves you right for zerging stuff! Public dungeons are most fun if you solo them once your character gets good. World bosses are also more fun with just 2 or 3 people.

Next up, the quests, if you try to 100% the quests in a zone, you can easily do it in a couple of nights, 6 to 8 hours max.

Zones, except for the Pvp one, are tiny, and considering how easy it was faceroll these leveled mobs with a pet sorcerer with only one active skill, force pulse spam.
Zones in EQ are tiny. Zones in ESO are huge. The game is like 50 times the size of Skyrim. I've played it almost every night for 2 months and I still have lots to do.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Yeah I am a Zenimax plant, hired to infiltrate the lucrative old retards audience at rpg codex. Also tell me an MMO better than this.

Wayward Son

Yeah I am a Zenimax plant, hired to infiltrate the lucrative old retards audience at rpg codex. Also tell me an MMO better than this.
Why would I when I could play a good game?
? Are you one of those "all mmo's are bad" types?
I'm one of those "90% of mmos aren't fun and another 5% aren't worth the time investment until they get to be as good as some single player RPGs." types.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Meh. That leaves 5% that are good, and they are what I play. And they are WAY better than most single player RPGs.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
EQ was. Nothing is worth any time if you don't like it. But the few good MMO's I've played were fun to play for a while at least and I enjoyed the day to day. And when that stops I quit.

I am starting to get bored with ESO now too, but I'm gonna try a few things before I quit.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Two weeks between "best MMO ever you guys suck for not liking it" and "I'm getting bored with it now too". Fastest plant reversal ever :shittydog:

pippin

Two weeks between "best MMO ever you guys suck for not liking it" and "I'm getting bored with it now too". Fastest plant reversal ever :shittydog:

Up there with makaab's radio silence after NMS. He is still a Bethestard though, but at least the codex likes Bethesda games :M

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
But is the story and lore as well developed as AoD?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I've been playing for a little over 2 months. I only played WoW, Rift, Neverwinter, DDO, Black Desert, Archeage, and a million others for less than 1 month. There are only 2 other MMO's that I ever played more than 2 months since about 1997. And single player RPG's I complete them in less than a week. With ESO I will likely last another couple of months, maybe more. I have only played 1 class so far and still haven't tried PVP.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Also nothing I have said is a reversal. There is only so long you can play any game.

abija

Prophet
For a normal person, getting bored of a mmo in 2 months means it's shit.
But apparently you don't actually like video games, just enjoy mowing through checklists (talking about your 1 sp game per week metric). You're a CEO's wet dream.

Sykar

Arcane

I do not care much for MMOs since most of them are cheap soulless grindfests. I'd rather have my 20th UnderRail playthrough than playing a cash grab like this.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

I do not care much for MMOs since most of them are cheap soulless grindfests. I'd rather have my 20th UnderRail playthrough than playing a cash grab like this.
You can only afford 1 game? Bless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom