Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls VI Speculation

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Akvir, an entirely different continent with it's own kingdoms and empires, would be made into a Tamriel province sized themepark by modern Beth. You do not want this
It'll be Hammerfell then.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wonder if they want to tackle the elves again - the reaction will be "Morrowind did it better". Also I think cats and lizards are too exotic and they don't have the talent anymore to make exotic interesting like in Morrowind.

Wouldn't mind Bosmer (wood elves).

Having to go around an entire country of Altmer depresses the hell out of me since I never liked any Altmer I've ever ran into.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
If they continue the Thalmor metaplot Hammerfell would be logical. They could even throw in a Yokuda DLC.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
it's going to be set in akavir, and it is going to be a direct sequel to morrowind.

when making your nerevarine character you will also be able to customize vivec, who you can either make a shota boipussy, or onee-sama cowtits. both will have penises, though.

jaydee2k

Savant
Black Marsh, bitches!
Black Marsh would be actually kind of interesting. Love dem argonians.
Plus the landscape wouldn't be so damn generic. And thats what hiking is all about isn't it?
Beautiful landscapes...

Santander02

Arcane
If they continue the Thalmor metaplot Hammerfell would be logical. They could even throw in a Yokuda DLC.

Another thing that makes it likely is the current political climate. A Hammerfel game is the perfect oportunity for Beth to cash in on racial politics fags #RedguardLivesMatter

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Another thing that makes it likely is the current political climate. A Hammerfel game is the perfect oportunity for Beth to cash in on racial politics fags #RedguardLivesMatter
Also a great opportunity to get accused of "cultural appropriation".

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Next ES game needs to take place in Akavir.

Miner Arobar

Educated
Black Marsh, bitches!
Black Marsh would be actually kind of interesting. Love dem argonians.
Plus the landscape wouldn't be so damn generic. And thats what hiking is all about isn't it?
Beautiful landscapes...

Hmmm, remember the last time they were supposed to do a jungle province? Instead, we'll hear that the Dragonborn CHIMed Black Marsh into a pleasant landscape of rolling green hills and temperate forests.

Hammerfell would be nice, if they build upon stuff introduced in Redguard - lore, Crown vs. Forebear intrigue, etc. Something of Morrowind's Dune vibes, and this time in an actual desert province.

Santander02

Arcane
Also a great opportunity to get accused of "cultural appropriation".

I can picture it already...

"We want games with more representation of POCs!!!"

"How dare you making a game where the setting features a civilization of POCs as its main theme!! White people should not be allowed to make games about POCs, Check your privilige!!"

But it would be funny to see Beth being moshpiled by SJWs for making a (percieved) faux pass, go for it I say.

pippin

inb4 they make it in the land of the bretons and it's Fable 4

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Hmm didn't know about this continent Akavir. This would be a fresh setting. Regarding the speculations of procedural content on the (possibly upcoming) Starfield game, the same probably happens for the next TES. So we'll get the whole continent of Akavir to explore then? Not a fan of procgenerated environment though.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Wouldn't Akavir be just like Jade Empire? And by that I mean some ching chong ling long white man's version of Asia Land.

Jade Empire was incredibly cringy if you knew anything about Chinese culture. And I'm not even talking about mangled names, but stuff like fox spirits who are supposed to be evil (and a metaphor for women's manipulation) somehow turning into angels in fursuits.

Fuck you, I will commit sudoku if they do this.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Wouldn't Akavir be just like Jade Empire? And by that I mean some ching chong ling long white man's version of Asia Land.

Jade Empire was incredibly cringy if you knew anything about Chinese culture. And I'm not even talking about mangled names, but stuff like fox spirits who are supposed to be evil (and a metaphor for women's manipulation) somehow turning into angels in fursuits.

Fuck you, I will commit sudoku if they do this.

It's going to be garbage no matter what they do anyways.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

It thought Fox spirits were more mischievous than evil. I mean wasn't Inuyasha a fox spirit or something. If he was evil he would have just raped the hell out of Kagome every episode.

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

It thought Fox spirits were more mischievous than evil. I mean wasn't Inuyasha a fox spirit or something. If he was evil he would have just raped the hell out of Kagome every episode.
I though he didn't do it because his human side was keeping him in check.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected

Well, Japanese and Chinese culture is not the same, why are you being a retard and just proving my point that the white man doesn't give a fuck about where certain cultural bits come from, it's all Asian or "Oriental" to you retards.

P.S. In Japan fox spirits can be guardians of temples and shit, while in China there's literally nothing good about them. Even the word "fox spirit" is often used as an insult (usually against women who try to seduce sb else's man).

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Well, Japanese and Chinese culture is not the same, why are you being a retard and just proving my point that the white man doesn't give a fuck about where certain cultural bits come from, it's all Asian or "Oriental" to you retards.

Spoken like an oriental. Are you an oriental Drog? Or just a weeaboo very angry about western interpretation of your anime?

FFJamie94

Novice
Jade Empire is my Bae.

Now as for Elder Scrolls VI...

Lets talk about Jade Empire some more.

RepHope

Savant
Hmm didn't know about this continent Akavir. This would be a fresh setting. Regarding the speculations of procedural content on the (possibly upcoming) Starfield game, the same probably happens for the next TES. So we'll get the whole continent of Akavir to explore then? Not a fan of procgenerated environment though.
Why would they go to Akavir when there's still Tamriel provinces for them to half-ass? It will be Hammerfell or High Rock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom