Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Cthulhu_is_love

BG choicese:
1. [good] I will save your child from goblins.
2. [evil] Muahahaha, i will save your child from goblins for 100 gold muahahah.
3. Good day.
My argument isn't about quality but quantity. And i think BG has far more quests with this shitty choices than Gothic has with good ones.
BG sux confirmed.
Nothing new.

Cthulhu_is_love

So you are agreeing with me. Good. Took a lot of fluff to get to this point.
I agree that the minor c&c in Gothic is far superior to the little more, shittier c&c in BG.
But i still insist on my opinion that Gothic isn't a game about c&c, even if it had above average c&c (which it doesn't have).

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I don't think anyone EVER argued that Gothic ''is about c&c''. It was just a backlash at you, who said that there are NO c&c in g1/2, while you, with a straight face, was venerating G3 as a great game and even said that it's c&c are on par or even better than g1/2. Goal post - do not shift it.

Cthulhu_is_love

I don't think anyone EVER argued that Gothic ''is about c&c''.
As for the C&C both games are great. G3 wins this one tho since the world is bigger and there's simply more of it. Also at least 3 very different endings
(that I know of).
Maybe I was offended by the G3 c&c thing, but anyway c&c in Gothics IS "almost" non-existent.

It was just a backlash at you, who said that there are NO c&c in g1/2
How often do i have to repeat this to you morons: Gothics don't have C&C, cause there's a lack of
1) choices
2) consequences
A very edgy response for the "G3 has best c&c" thing. Yeah, it's exaggerated but Gothics have "almost" none c&c.

while you, with a straight face, was venerating G3 as a great game and even said that it's c&c are on par or even better than g1/2.
As for the C&C both games are great. G3 wins this one tho since the world is bigger and there's simply more of it. Also at least 3 very different endings
(that I know of).
G3 with the patches is better than G2 in many respects
Nah, that wasn't me. I hate G3 like everyone else.
Let's face it: PB tried to copy Oblivion (the best game to date) cause of monies and made it (except for more bugs maybe); so they achieved the same quality as Oblivion with more atmosphere and without level scaling
Oblivion isn't really the best game to date you know.

Cthulhu_is_love

No, i don't feel embarressed yet. So why can't you admit that this isn't a strength in overall very outstanding games?(G1&2)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tales out of my ass: Nordic Games will have an announcement tomorrow. Maybe it could be a PB game.
http://elexgame.com/

105% chance that it is something else, though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I believe the relationship between Nordic and PB has ended. I'm assuming despite the fact the Risen series is over they still get their funding from Deep Silver.

Fake edit: Actually now that I look at the image on that page it looks like the image on PB's Facebook page...

ogJvRi6.jpg

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I believe the relationship between Nordic and PB has ended. I'm assuming despite the fact the Risen series is over they still get their funding from Deep Silver.

Fake edit: Actually now that I look at the image on that page it looks like the image on PB's Facebook page...

They are the same image. The thing in middle looks like a tower instead of ship now and there is some kind of creature at the left (lizard?)
So, they'll announce before PB O_o

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Is this the new game? It looks like heaven. *pulls the purse for preorder*

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Interesting they went back to Nordic after they had issues with JoWood.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
bg.jpg

Looks like a Dark Souls fighter. It's also the same picture as the Piranha Bytes one.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Only about 50 minutes left... by the time someone bothered you'll be able to see it.

Risen Gothic Souls IV

Fake/real edit: I'll go out on a limb and say the game is called... ELEX!

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You doubt my insider info!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom