Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Maschtervoz

Learned
fans of Gothic will definitely recognize the Piranha Bytes touch
Now this sounds very familiar, when did I hear it before?

256px-Risen_3,_Titan_Lords_box_art.jpg

:dead:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

"Yes our focus is the PC version of course, in fact we're targeting 30fps for launch"

Wait What? As opposed to what? 10 FPS? This is the most retarded thing I have ever heard....

"We think it's the optimal way to achieve blah blah blah"

NO you fucking charlatans.. Just fucking no. This is Analogous to the aged old "It's not a bug - it's a feature". 30 FPS is inferior and the fact that these cuck's can't push their dusty old Gothic 3 Engine to pull 60 Frames still just shows how deep in the toilet their company is.

I know it's edgy to call this argument merely TB fanboyism but it's true. Fire up any game that has an in-game toggle and swap between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. You immediately feel like your input / character animations / game feedback is all being filtered through a tub of molasses. You can tell the difference. 30 FPS feels more sluggish.. because it is - the truth is that everything -is- slower, your input detection and frame loop is twice as slow.

It's the tell tale of an unoptimized engine that handles too much logic on their main thread, piss poor CPU usage, shit Thread management and inability to fix it because your hemorrhaging your talent with each dud release.

Just go bankrupt already.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
> Elex is a drug everybody in the universe is after
> Intake of Elex results in continous loss of humanity (also refered to as "coolness")

Let it be known, that taking drugs makes you cool.

> Elex causes mutations to addicts

They probably turn into something resembling orcs. Or lizardmen.

> huge world, barely scripted, exploration
> barely scripted

So...

He who controls the Elex controls the universe.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Mh? Even putting aside the fact that I don't have any gripe against the first Risen, quite the opposite... Wasn't the Risen saga produced under Deep Silver? How does that relate to Nordic?

The publisher is irrelevant beyond PR shilling as far as I am concerned.
We are talking about the same development team right? (The ones who make the games)

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
We are talking about the same development team right? (The ones who make the games)

Mike Hoge (project director & lead game designer) & Kai Rosenkrantz (composer) of Gothic 1-3 & the original Risen have departed. None of the four founders (all of whom were heavily involved in Gothic 1-2) are there any longer. Still many veterans on the team though.

Skip to 1:00 for sad panda moment (Tom = one of the founders).

...not actually working here... anymore... nevermind... *silence*
:negative:

Last edited:
...Sort of?
Because the person you quoted happens to be an employee of the publisher, not part of the developing team.

Also, yes, it's the same team, more or less?
Not that this would tell us much, since people in a team can change constantly and according to the role one single addition or omission could make a hell of a difference.

hemtae

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
...Sort of?
Because the person you quoted happens to be an employee of the publisher, not part of the developing team.

Also, yes, it's the same team, more or less?
Not that this would tell us much, since people in a team can change constantly and according to the role one single addition or omission could make a hell of a difference.

It's also almost certainly fake

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...from-piranha-bytes.96606/page-15#post-4009471

vonAchdorf

Arcane
  • no quest markers
  • they were bored designing the same old fantasy assets for 15 years now (echoes similar sentiments of CD Project)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I have some Hard to be a God vibes here (sci-fi and wooden buildings) except nobody is hiding anything.
I must play the only game based on that book to be sure (and do LP).

rotating-cutting-baseball.bmp
Incoming lawsuit from Games Workshop

Julie Stain said "nah".

:Flash:

Arcane
Mike Hoge (project director & lead game designer) & Kai Rosenkrantz (composer) of Gothic 1-3 & the original Risen have departed. None of the four founders (all of whom were heavily involved in Gothic 1-2) are there any longer. Still many veterans on the team though.
Mike Hoge is still a co-owner of Piranha Bytes. He is working with a small team on his own project though (Spacetime). From the few infos he has let out it sounds a bit like Starflight.

Caconym

Augur
Risen 1 was fine in comparison with Gothic 3 and Risen 2-3. Compared to Gothic 1-2, not really that much.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Codex has booked an ELEX presentation at Gamescom, so we could theoretically ask PB some in-depth questions. If you have any, post them in the collection thread.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Reading Gamescom Lineup:

>game
>game
>ELEX

:retarded:

Omfg... what is this shit? shower gel, stupid fucking name for a game, just GTFO and kill yourself.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom