Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Behead those who insult Gothic.

Doktor Best

Arcane
That is grabbing for straws.. Calling it one of the best action RPG's means it's better then most action RPG's. Unless you think every action RPG is one of the best. I understand there's a slight difference but it's not exactly apples and oranges here.

I think Dark Souls is the best Action RPG.. I also think it's one of the best.. I could also say Dark Souls 2 is one of the best because it's up there.. but maybe not my favourite. I wouldn't then say Mass Effect 3 is one of the best.

Your argument is weak son

It is better than most arpgs because there are actually very few good arpgs. There is a huge fucking difference though between being the best and being one of the best.

And i agree with Dark Souls being the best Arpg, but i dont think you can compare Dark Souls to Risen.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Impressions so far: it's just Skyrim with guns.

BTW: R2 > R1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> R3.

Haters gonna hate.

PS - Ban Immortal.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Impressions so far: it's just Skyrim with guns.

BTW: R2 > R1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> R3.

Haters gonna hate.

PS - Ban Immortal.
R2 > R1? I like Risen 1 as a fix for my Gothic addiction, but is R2 really better? Everything about it seemed like massive decline, from the console-centric island-hopping system (LOL 512 MB ram on consoles!) to guns, pirates and parrots. I mean, I like camp but it seemed more desperate than camp-by-design.

curry

Arcane
R2 > R1? I like Risen 1 as a fix for my Gothic addiction, but is R2 really better? Everything about it seemed like massive decline, from the console-centric island-hopping system (LOL 512 MB ram on consoles!) to guns, pirates and parrots. I mean, I like camp but it seemed more desperate than camp-by-design.

Risen 2 is the worst of the three and it's not even close.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

TBH, only because R1 felt like a Gothic1 alpha release, rather than a finished game. I do agree that the atmosphere is better in R1, by far.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd argue that an alpha release of Gothic 1 would still be better than Risen 2. I've only played about 3 hours of the latter, however.

Tigranes

Arcane
Risen 1 is a fine game with a nice setting and a decent emulation of the gothic style. R2 and R3 are... Different.

Caconym

Savant
ZL6woB9.jpg

1bJr1OV.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
If only because PB can use the saved animation and sound work someplace else.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I think PB fucked up by announcing this game too soon. I cannot feel privileged waiting 2 years of this game. This aggression will definitely not stand.

Also the pictures are not really enticing or even release-able: the containers are too clean and colourful (they stand out in the pictures and I hope they are placeholders). Remember the rhinos from Gothic 3 announcement. I do.

But fuck it. Snappers are cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom