Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ris3n was absolutely terrible. It had literally no redeeming qualities that one.

Except Polly, of course.

11677.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Every time I try to play low quality EuroWare.. I wonder why I'm not playing the game it touts as being the inspiration for it - instead.

Inspired by Gothic.... From the team that brought you baldurs gate.. Our inspiration was Fallout etc etc.
Why don't I just play the original game that you tried to rip off? since apparently making good games in this day and age is impossible for 90% of the developers out there.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
What a bunch of whiners. Risen 3 is the best RPG to come out in the past 5 years.

Risen 1>Risen 3>Risen 2.

I did enjoy the three of them, but strangely, the only one I did not finish was the first one, which is objectively the best, I got bored in the lizard's temple.
But I did also enjoy 2 and 3.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Didnt hate it as much on my second playthrough though. The boring part is not that long

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The boring part is not that long
Yeah. Don't get me wrong; Risen is finishable, and it's worth doing just for the sense of closure. It's just that the last act is a disappointment and the final boss fight is dumb, not fun, and belongs in a different game entirely.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Even Risen 1 falls apart towards the end.

Every PB game becomes shit at the end, it's a tradition.

Kinda yeah. Apart, maybe, for Gothic 1 (or at least, G1 manages to fall slightly less apart than their other titles, IMHO).

I think one factor is the difficulty/progression curve. As much as most their games tend to be punishing at the beginning (which is something that also got smoothed out, just think at the first 2 hours of gameplay in Gothic 1 and Risen 2, for instance), once the character reaches the main "hub" (town/camp/whatever), does a few non-combat quests, explores the chub and gets some XP and levels in, things start to look up. After mid-game, combining gear, skills and some tactics (when needed), the player can usually just steamroll pretty much anything that moves.

PB games also occasionally suffer from rushed/uninspired endings, like many other games. The beginning of the game gets all the care and attention from the developer, because it's the part that has to impress the player the most, whereas the rest of the game feels like is just seen as "filling" by the devs themselves.

Still, hell, I really wish someone re-made Gothic1+2+2.5 in Skyrim/F4 engine. INB4 Is that fur, coming out of your ear?

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
What a bunch of whiners. Risen 3 is the best RPG to come out in the past 5 years.

By all means it is not a plain bad game, like all the things it has good and bad sides. It is just part of trend in some groups too marginalize certain things ...dont take it to seriously - it is bad for health, edgelords gonna lord+M

Last edited:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
But its a PB game and those dont come too often.

No arguing with that.

And, really little-to-no official news about Elex. Any of our German SS residents would like to bring their asses up to Essen, pop their head in and see what is going on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom