Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
This is from wiki: Gothic 3 is powered by a custom engine called Genome. For Risen it just says: Internal development by Piranha Bytes. From the brief google search i can't seem to find anything that says Gothic 3 and Risen used the same engine.
Your google-fu is weak: http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/3d-engine-genome
Ah, indeed it is. Mystery solved.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Credit where it's due - 99% of mainstream developers would never show off screenshots with so much clipping and other graphical weirdness in them. I can fully believe that the game actually looks like that.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
iyqlpEC.jpg

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Credit where it's due - 99% of mainstream developers would never show off screenshots with so much clipping and other graphical weirdness in them. I can fully believe that the game actually looks like that.

I think publishers and gamers alike stopped giving a shit about mockups vs actual screenshots. Every consoletard has been conditioned to the realities of 900p@25Hertz games being the non-plus-ultra.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't really understand where they're going with this mishmash of styles. There's just no coherence, the screenshots look like they could be from 3 or 4 different games.

I don't really understand where they're going with this mishmash of styles. There's just no coherence, the screenshots look like they could be from 3 or 4 different games.
Same impression here.

Not that it would be a deal breaker for me, assuming the game will be mechanically solid, but the vibe I'm getting is some "Let's throw everything on the wall and see what sticks" sort of approach.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hopefully some gameplay footage coming soon...

Can't wait to see how much I can roll during combat.

No, but seriously. I'd be interested in seeing what kind of character systems they've opted for this time (what kind of variation of Risen 3's system, that is... likely) and how that affects gunplay.

Mustawd

I don't even...makes me so fortunate to have missed ~10 years of gaming and avoided seeing such crap come to be. I'm done with following this for now. If it turns out to be good I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I don't even...makes me so fortunate to have missed ~10 years of gaming and avoided seeing such crap come to be. I'm done with following this for now. If it turns out to be good I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Hype 101: Always set your expectations low.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We need a catchy term for the heavy use of combat rolling in fantasy games, similar to what "popamole" is for shooters.

...pop-a-roll? Nah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom