Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
you think that one game can carry the Gothic torch. What was it called? Sui Generis?

I think so because "PB" did bunch of very good games, they are little team who are passionate about their work.

Old PB is no more. Literally no more.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I've read on the Steam forums that they moved the release date for 6 months, so 3rd Q 2017 it is.

It hurts me very much that I will buy it. I'm already aware that it will be shit, every single information released up to date just confirms it will be shit, especially the combat. This scam studio didn't release nothing of value since 2009 (7 fucking years). But I will play it, hate an every minute with it and hate myself for doing so.
Day one purchase.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've read on the Steam forums that they moved the release date for 6 months, so 3rd Q 2017 it is.

It hurts me very much that I will buy it. I'm already aware that it will be shit, every single information released up to date just confirms it will be shit, especially the combat. This scam studio didn't release nothing of value since 2009 (7 fucking years). But I will play it, hate an every minute with it and hate myself for doing so.
Day one purchase.
They try so hard to go mainstream while market it towards old audiences by mentioning gothic.

You know, just embrace indie ness and proudly serve the niche like iron tower or spiderweb or something

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I played two Avernum games and found them pretty much underwhelming. The indie market is as bad as the mainstream market. Good indie games are so fucking rare. The only indie game I'm currently waiting for is Dungeon Rats from the beloved Iron Tower, but I'm yet to finish AoD.

The problem with PB is that I play Gothic games since the very AD 2001 and I'm still craving for a new G2/R1 title. Got fooled twice already... Here comes the third, but I'm powerless to resist.

Latelistener

Arcane
They try so hard to go mainstream while market it towards old audiences by mentioning gothic.
You know, just embrace indie ness and proudly serve the niche like iron tower or spiderweb or something
If only Mike Hoge was still running their projects, but ever since the "takeover" things were really bad.
No matter though, as he founded another studio with some PB veterans who also left shorty after the first Risen.

nomask7

Arcane
If only Mike Hoge was still running their projects, but ever since the "takeover" things were really bad.
No matter though, as he founded another studio with some PB veterans who also left shorty after the first Risen.

Name of the studio? And/or what are they working on?

ortucis

Prophet
1,5 times bigger than Gothic 3? I don't think I like that. I doubt they can fill a big world like that with enough content.

Gothic 3 did just fine. Exploring and finding people who'll give you quests in areas you wouldn't expect to find any, was fun.

So they'll just place the quests further and fill the areas with enemies to keep you busy. :))

ortucis

Prophet
Target audience right there.

They keep adding "Gothic" in every interview for every game they make since Risen, yet they're trying REALLY hard to target Bethesda's audience. So not really sure what they are trying to target. Long time fans are always disappointed while the new audience they want can't be arsed to play their games because of the bugs (you know, like the old fanboys).

Kahr

Another G3 would be entertaining indeed. At least the bugs we're cute. But i don't see that as a real game, more like cheap trash.
Risen 2 & 3 made me laugh frequently too. All the boss fights for example were so funny...:lol:
It's like pointing fingers and laughing about the mentally ill kid in your class. But it's not PBs fault, they're just a bit slower.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At the very least I think they recognize what people hated about Risen 2 and 3. I'm not sure how well they can pull off this medieval/sci-fi mix but if it's on par with Risen 1 it should be fine. Of course, if the combat sucks there's no saving it. The yuuuuuuuuuuge world bit concerns me. I think that's probably some publisher pressure where the console crowd expects everything to be like Skyrimz.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom