Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Ivan

Arcane
get laid

throwaway

Cipher
It's a bit disappointing to see the style of the combat system they're using. Of all developers, the PB should have been first to take a page out of the FromSoftware book of combat design instead of sticking to these xbox360 era fights.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's a bit disappointing to see the style of the combat system they're using. Of all developers, the PB should have been first to take a page out of the FromSoftware book of combat design instead of sticking to these xbox360 era fights.

Didn't they say that FromSoftware was an inspiration for their combat? They tried and that's what they got.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Didn't they say that FromSoftware was an inspiration for their combat? They tried and that's what they got.

A low energy try.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Look at all those grognards pretending they won't play the game. :lol:

We all know we will and we all know we will be disappointed.
But maybe ELEX 2 will be the game we're all waiting for.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
If they go independent, then they will surely deliver their magnum opus we're all waiting for. Just imagine their stretch goals they would put up.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They were shilling their game 2 months ago in Poland. Some (then new?) game scenes. (Interview is in English)

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

The game looks so damn tired and uninspired. In all the fucking videos they've released. I want to support PB, but jesus shit... this ain't going to cut it.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2F25-exhuastion-gifs-for-when-you-cant%2Ftired-cat.gif

The running animation for some reason reminds me of...

giphy.gif

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The game looks so damn tired and uninspired. In all the fucking videos they've released. I want to support PB, but jesus shit... this ain't going to cut it.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2F25-exhuastion-gifs-for-when-you-cant%2Ftired-cat.gif

The running animation for some reason reminds me of...

giphy.gif
Yeah, it looks the most low cost shovelware game PB has done, even more soulless than risen 2 and 3.

This company is done, it has been for years.

mitochondritom

Educated
:lol:

That's exactly what I need the keys to go red when I am at low health. "Instant Visual Feedback" - Is not actually on the screen.

ortucis

Prophet

Then the screenshots posted before weren't bull-shots. They've definitely improved the vegetation and level design.

Despite hating Risen series, I am looking forward to this game. Haven't played a good RPG for a while now.

Shinji

Savant
The environments and music are ok in this game, I guess.

But the combat just doesn't feel right, it looks robotic and lifeless, as if the enemies don't give a damn if they're gonna live or die there.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The environments and music are ok in this game, I guess.

But the combat just doesn't feel right, it looks robotic and lifeless, as if the enemies don't give a damn if they're gonna live or die there.

It's just a wild guess but they probably don't :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom