Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Even Technomancer didn't have combat rolling.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
If you are not going to release the game by ~ may I think most publishers avoid releasing titles during the summer months because they are bad for sales. So it makes sense that ELEX will be released around July / September. (Expecting the same thing happening to D:OS 2.)

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
This game will be the BEST

JUST FYI

:smug:
Wlf6Vo8.jpg

Aenra

So god damn lame

It's more complicated than that.
On the one hand, what is their selling point? The old Gothics.
On the other hand, what is the primary reason they've ended up where they are? Their inability to produce a new Gothic, better or equal. The very thing they were lauded for.

If you read the interview Bubbles and Jarl did on them, you'll get some glimpses of this. They seemed uncertain on how to 'sell' it. They knew what we hoped for, they knew they weren't there.. ie what you are criticizing here isn't some lack in the marketing department, but a deeper issue.
They reached a point years ago where they needed to make a fresh start (because i must assume reality HAD hit home, they knew no Risens lived up to the old games). And they never did. They did the most moronic thing they could have done in my opinion, it being trying to make, again, a new Gothic. Only this time in space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I really didn't think they would do any RPG after Risen 3 disaster. Btw, they are none of workers who made gothic 1 and 2 in Piranha Bytes now. So we are hoping PB to make gothic without people that made gothic?
This is some random company now. We are getting excited over some low-budget game made by no-names.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I really didn't think they would do any RPG after Risen 3 disaster. Btw, they are none of workers who made gothic 1 and 2 in Piranha Bytes now. So we are hoping PB to make gothic without people that made gothic?
This is some random company now. We are getting excited over some low-budget game made by no-names.
Well to be fair, most good games I've played that were amazing were low-budget games developed by no-names. When they weren't no-names anymore, they've mostly been huge disappointments creaming out shit.

Last edited:

Aenra

Do we have any info about implementation/lack of invisible barriers, daisy-chained quest lines, etc?
(remembering the last Risen)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom