Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
This game already has a solid chance to flop.

Why go real-time when your combat is a 2007 shit? Hell, it'll set a new industry standard as far as HP bloat is concerned. Ranged combat is like throwing toothpicks at your foes. All in all, looks like a must-buy for masochistic cuckolds who won't mind using 2 melee attacks for the entire game.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
17814264_1738709873126482_984978559390235736_o.jpg

Poor PB... Trying so damn hard and still evertyhing screams hasty and underdeveloped with this thing.

Again.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's over for them. I want to say they should reboot and start making lower budget games with perhaps smaller worlds but more dense and interesting. And make them difficult like the older Gothics. Cater to a niche and charge like $30-$40. But... too many of the core people gone and the ones that are left still want to chase the publishing overlords to make another Skyrim clone.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I want to say they should reboot and start making lower budget games with perhaps smaller worlds but more dense and interesting.
PB should just disband and get itself hired out by other companies at this point.
Pankratz, Hoge and Ruve, they were the core at PB. Between DivinityOS and Gothic 1/2, a lot of Ultima's best traits were evenly captured on both sides - would be awesome if Larian picked those guys up.

Hoge is still floating around at the subsidiary, Piranha Bytes RED, not a whisper since Aug'16...with apparently a now dormant Twitter page...:|

Latelistener

Arcane
Erm.. Pankratz and Ruve are still at PB, and everything went to shit when Hoge stepped away, and Pankratz became the head of the studio. Some important people PB before, during, and after Risen 2.

The last I heard Hoge with some old timers (Henrichs, Rosenkranz) were trying to find a publisher for Spacetime, so even if they did, we probably won't hear from them so soon, since they're starting from the scratch.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The only good thing about it, as far as I can tell, is that it won't feature level scaling. Or respawning idiocy. Which automatically makes it better than Skyrim and similar garbage

So, even though I'll never touch this cadaver, if you'd put a gun to my temple, I'd rather play this than Skyrim, DAI or Gayomada

Aenra

It's over for them. I want to say they should reboot and start making lower budget games with perhaps smaller worlds but more dense and interesting. And make them difficult like the older Gothics. Cater to a niche and charge like $30-$40. But... too many of the core people gone and the ones that are left still want to chase the publishing overlords to make another Skyrim clone.

Yes, but not quite :)
It takes actual talent to make something like G1 on a shoestring budget. I don't think there's anyone left there with that quality. So not much of a choice for them.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The only good thing about it, as far as I can tell, is that it won't feature level scaling. Or respawning idiocy. Which automatically makes it better than Skyrim and similar garbage

So, even though I'll never touch this cadaver, if you'd put a gun to my temple, I'd rather play this than Skyrim, DAI or Gayomada
Risen 3 didn't have level scaling but it didn't matter since you were grossly overpowered halfway through the game.

Yes, but not quite :)
It takes actual talent to make something like G1 on a shoestring budget. I don't think there's anyone left there with that quality. So not much of a choice for them.

Perhaps. All I know is I'd pay $40 for a game half the size of G1 with a bit more depth. Graphics could be whatever is most cost effective.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
It's a pity that german dude (forgot the name), who hated PB heartily even when it was still good is gone from codex.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
It's a pity that german dude (forgot the name), who hated PB heartily even when it was they were still good is gone from codex.
Wow "heartily even when they were good", so the first two games included?

...doesn't sound like a German...doesn't even sound like a Russian.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I tried to search old Gothic/PB threads to remember who that was, but stupid xenforo only dishes out search results till 2012. That guy was running his chores here around mid 00s. He was pretty notorious with his PB hate and he was certainly german by his own admission. Self hating german doesn't feel anything far fetched anyway, no?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried to search old Gothic/PB threads to remember who that was, but stupid xenforo only dishes out search results till 2012. That guy was running his chores here around mid 00s. He was pretty notorious with his PB hate and he was certainly german by his own admission. Self hating german doesn't feel anything far fetched anyway, no?
Only other bugger I remember what used to bash Gothic is hoverdog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom