Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Risen 3 revisionism... Its not shit anymore.
Because it was never shit, unless it was your first PB game and you had no idea what to expect. It was actually a step up from Risen 2.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really miss having to slave away and become an ultra lackey befire you can join a faction.

In g1,2,3 and r1 guildsmen treat you like garbage sub primate and you hsve to work your ass up and the payoff when they respect you and revere you is much awesome.

Dont get that feeeling with r1/2 and thry are really biased towards recent trend of bethesda / persona games where you are basically a god avatar for the players to self insert and feel good about their pitiful existence

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The bandits in Risen really treated you like shit. It was great :)

I have to replay Gothic 2 again. I joined the militia but I can't remember if they treated me as shit, but from what I remember they weren't that bad. The paladins were stuck up assholes though!

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Remember that bandit on the road to farm in Gothic 2, one that could rape your ass even at the point where you're slaying goddamned dragons? :lol:
Good times...

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The bandits in Risen really treated you like shit. It was great :)

I have to replay Gothic 2 again. I joined the militia but I can't remember if they treated me as shit, but from what I remember they weren't that bad. The paladins were stuck up assholes though!
well, that makes sense because you share history with their leader in g1 and he at least recognize your badassery back then

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
i ont only pre-ordered. i'm thinking of moving to another time zone so i can have ELEX EVEN SOONER.

THATS how much this boring-ass amzing gameplay viedo has affecetd me. im struck with ELEX fever. doctor please is there no cure??
Heresy,any real codex will never pre-order unless it is the Grimoire!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remember that bandit on the road to farm in Gothic 2, one that could rape your ass even at the point where you're slaying goddamned dragons? :lol:
Good times...

The bandits that have taken over the farm? I remember the farm folk helping me killing them :)

Lord Andre

Arcane
after a very long memory jog, i concluded that he might be referring to sentenza

there's nothing else that fits the bill

I was just about to post that... :argh:

You beat the first guy who asks you for money and he warns you not to try the same with the second guy further up the road. The second guy is Sentenza and he can whoop you real good early on.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
My knowledge of PB lore is obviously deeper than that of many a poster in this thread...
Thus my predictions about ELEX must be seen as correct.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Now that I think about it Sentanza's perceived strength probably varies a lot between G2 The Pussy Faggot Vanilla Edition and NOTR Master Race making him more memorable with the expansion.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Now that I think about it Sentanza's perceived strength probably varies a lot between G2 The Pussy Faggot Vanilla Edition and NOTR Master Race making him more memorable with the expansion.
That would imply that a lot of Codexers never played NOTR, judging by the responses here.

Kahr

That would imply that a lot of Codexers never played NOTR, judging by the responses here.
The responses came, because you used the word "bandit" instead of mercenary, moron.

Also with the powers of blocking and 30% one-hand training Sentenza isn't really a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

T. Reich

Arcane
Sentenza IS a problem early on, just like Bullco, due to his high strength score. Early on, it means that you can't really take even a single hit from him without going down. Additionally, his melee skills are pretty advanced, too, and he can perform attacks faster, and more of them in a chain, than most of early human opponents.

Erikolaiz

Educated
I can't remember if Sentenza is tougher than Sylvio or not. Guess that justifies another replay.

Kahr

Well that depends what you mean by "problem".

Usually as he's master he just whacks 3 times and then you hit him.
If he's too near at you he starts to make unpredictable stuff like whacking just one time. Then you're dead of course.
But with 30% one-hand very doable fight.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Well, Sentenza was kinda unpredictible with his Master 60% or more in 1H, beceause he was so fast he kinda didn't have pattern of attacks.

Latelistener

Arcane
But at least with JoWood it was true. We will see if it was true with Deep Silver.
What's there to see? Sacred 3, X-Rebirth, Risen 2/3, Escape from Dead Island, Ride to Hell.
They even fucked up Dead Island 2. They had Yager (Spec Ops: The Line), but decided to screw them, and pick another developer (Sumo Digital). And Yager was really creative about this project. They even mo-capped a cat (supposed to be one of the main "characters").
Probably the worst publisher right now. They do not give a shit about anything. They do not even know what they're doing. "Let's drop Yager, they're too creative." "Let's call the game Sacred 3, 'cause it has top-down view."

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane

Well that depends what you mean by "problem".

Usually as he's master he just whacks 3 times and then you hit him.
If he's too near at you he starts to make unpredictable stuff like whacking just one time. Then you're dead of course.
But with 30% one-hand very doable fight.

The fight is definitely doable with 30%+ 1h AND a good 1h. It's fairly easy to pump dex to 50 and steal the rapier from the trolls that live in a valley near Onar's farm. That's how I'd usually take down those mercs. You still go down like a sack of shit if they hit you, though, but at least the fights stop being an endurance test where you need to spend like 5 mins of precise block-then-slash routine.

Erikolaiz

Educated
An intrepid member of the master race has uploaded a video of this. Untrained character defeating Sentenza in a bit over 6 minutes. Very low resolution, but you'll live.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom