Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
17917428_1745122539151882_242717273023357223_o.png

not hardcore enough ELEX fanboyz around here to crack this...? I am disappointed

Last edited:

tekknej

Novice
HUMANITY WAS SCATTERED
AFTER THE IMPACT OF THE METEOR
VERY FEW OF THEM SURVIVED
AND THE SURVIVORS HAD TO LIVE IN
TERRIBLE FEAR

EVERYTHING THEY KNEW
WAS DESTROYED

wow, i'm hooked, pre-ordering.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now that I think about it Sentanza's perceived strength probably varies a lot between G2 The Pussy Faggot Vanilla Edition and NOTR Master Race making him more memorable with the expansion.
That would imply that a lot of Codexers never played NOTR, judging by the responses here.
The responses came, because you used the word "bandit" instead of mercenary, moron.

Also with the powers of blocking and 30% one-hand training Sentenza isn't really a problem.
Mynon confirmed for utter scrub.

Kahr

17917428_1745122539151882_242717273023357223_o.png

not hardcore enough ELEX fanboyz around here to crack this...? I am disappointed

humanity was scattered
after the impact of the meteor
very few of them survived
and the survivors had to live in
terrible fear

everything they knew
was destroyed

hilfazer

Scholar

Well that depends what you mean by "problem".

Usually as he's master he just whacks 3 times and then you hit him.
If he's too near at you he starts to make unpredictable stuff like whacking just one time. Then you're dead of course.
But with 30% one-hand very doable fight.

The fight is definitely doable with 30%+ 1h AND a good 1h. It's fairly easy to pump dex to 50 and steal the rapier from the trolls that live in a valley near Onar's farm. That's how I'd usually take down those mercs. You still go down like a sack of shit if they hit you, though, but at least the fights stop being an endurance test where you need to spend like 5 mins of precise block-then-slash routine.

Another option is to get xbow, a lot of bolts, pull Sentenza near chapel and climb one of those stone pillars. Then you shoot him until his HP is very low. Final blow needs to be done with melee weapon.
I tried that with bows but they move you a little when you shoot.

There are some trees with branches low enough to climb that allow you to shoot enemies with impunity. I remember killing some tough shit like shadowbeasts, wargs or orcs this way. Such trees are quite rare, tho.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Another option is to get xbow, a lot of bolts, pull Sentenza near chapel and climb one of those stone pillars. Then you shoot him until his HP is very low. Final blow needs to be done with melee weapon.
I tried that with bows but they move you a little when you shoot.
Yeah, but that's pretty "unreal". I only do such things when I am doing fast playtrough, which addiotionaly includs bugging walls to get short guard sword, bugging canal door to get to strength amulet and other such things.

In extreme situations I use cancel animation with monsters (always with Scavenger, I think he has best attack paterns) to get tons of mana, strength and dexterity. Now when I am thinking about it, it may be possible to do it with ancient tables...
Although I haven't used this for years, makes game too easy. Gothic has some pretty abusable bugs when you know this game enough.
But I've never passed opportunity to steal from Paladins' ship in chapter 1, it takes so save/loads, but it feels good to do it. Only need to climb hoist and then evade knights dialog range :smug:

Master

Arbiter
There are some trees with branches low enough to climb that allow you to shoot enemies with impunity. I remember killing some tough shit like shadowbeasts, wargs or orcs this way. Such trees are quite rare, tho.

Haha yes i saw one of those little skeletons do this first and then i copied it. Being chased by wargs then jumping and pulling yourself up on a branch, it just makes sense. And its a pretty funny situation if you run out of arrows and get stuck on a tree wondering "what a fuck im gonna do now?!"

ore clover

Learned
I remember having a weird experience with Sentenza. The first time we fought I summoned a goblin skeleton, which he easily crushed. Oddly, he then sheathed his weapon and acted like I'd beaten him. Fine by me.

Later on he tried it again so I lured him out into the farms, summoned a proper skeleton, and then we killed him. I guess nobody witnessed it, or just didn't care. :lol: Nothing of value lost for the mercs.

PrettyDeadman

Wow, this is Vyaz (a type of Slavic Calligraphy technique). Here's another example:

1024px-Ermak02.jpg

Does this mean that Elex developers are confirmed Slavs?

Epsilon

Cipher
I can totally see a post apocalyptic scenario, where rule and law has gone out the window. Yet a petite woman, who's conscious of how feminine her walk is, manages to stay on top, and in control, of a gang of ruthless raiders.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I can totally see a post apocalyptic scenario, where rule and law has gone out the window. Yet a petite woman, who's conscious of how feminine her walk is, manages to stay on top, and in control, of a gang of ruthless raiders.
Stolen from the desk of Bjorn.
150126204014032_1.png

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Preview Let's play in German:

Soliloquizing ("I should check the ruins over there, I might find something useful") protagonist...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom