Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Master

Arbiter
I can totally see a post apocalyptic scenario, where rule and law has gone out the window. Yet a petite woman, who's conscious of how feminine her walk is, manages to stay on top, and in control, of a gang of ruthless raiders.

What about
latest
. I was getting some "Eliot you idiot" vibe from that comic. Is it me or does she look exactly like Deidrianna but wiht half a hairdo? Clearly an homage to JA2, another great game... Keep up the good work PB!

Epsilon

Cipher
I can totally see a post apocalyptic scenario, where rule and law has gone out the window. Yet a petite woman, who's conscious of how feminine her walk is, manages to stay on top, and in control, of a gang of ruthless raiders.

What about
latest
. I was getting some "Eliot you idiot" vibe from that comic. Is it me or does she look exactly like Deidrianna but wiht half a hairdo? Clearly an homage to JA2, another great game... Keep up the good work PB!
You shouldn't ruin your setting for an homage. Deidranna became queen, and had the backing of arulcos military to maintain her power position. Theres no such morals or ethical guidelines in a group of ruthless killers out for themselves.

Delterius

Arcane

What about
latest
You shouldn't ruin your setting for an homage. Deidranna became queen, and had the backing of arulcos military to maintain her power position. Theres no such morals or ethical guidelines in a group of ruthless killers out for themselves.
Reported for irrational hatred of JA2 and ELEX!.

torpid

Liturgist
That comic's layout and writing, so much awkward Euro vibes lol

"What garbage are you talking?"
"It's true. I saw it with MY OWN EYES. It's an oversized dinosaur, people said it had been roaming around there a lot, terrorizing people. The guys even had a name for the thing:
they called it
'EL COLOSSARO'."

What the fuck is this crap :lol:
Who is the intern who got asked to make that

"WHAT are you saying, you piece of shit?"
"It wasn't MY fault. I'm telling you. El Colossaro..."

What about
latest

I'm pretty sure she's just a punkette with a mohawk. The comic mentions her brother, leader of the whole gang. Can't have the game be a total Gothic-style sausage fest if that Elex lube is going to be put to good use!

Last edited:

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

What about
latest
Nice find. No wonder that PB is one of Codex's favorite devs.
150126204014032_1.png
is :obviously: af.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Wait, this game has attributes like intelligence or condition? Seriously didn't see that one coming.
I am not sure if I like it or not. Have they presented this earlier? Not sure if they hide it or I missed it.

ihHTqo4.jpg

Jarmaro

Liturgist
More like SCDIC, for strength, condition, dexterity, intelligence and cunning/cleverness.
And why intelligence is low part of the head and cunning is left half, I do not know.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
More like SCDIC, for strength, condition, dexterity, intelligence and cunning/cleverness.
And why intelligence is low part of the head and cunning is left half, I do not know.
Because you will play as the braindead child of Satan on a quest to purge the word!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think the content will be decent enough for a $10 purchase but I'm concerned the engine will be as crap/floaty as it was in Risen 3; which, in turn, will make combat awful.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I think the content will be decent enough for a $10 purchase but I'm concerned the engine will be as crap/floaty as it was in Risen 3; which, in turn, will make combat awful.
It's actually interesting, everything looks kinda decent, except combat, which is so fucking bad, especially in combat oriented game, how is it even possible. This is basic design fail, the game seems huge, but combat is so bad that playing seems pointless.

torpid

Liturgist
As long as we get to fight EL COLOSSARO the giant mutant dinosaur it can't be too bad

That UI needs to be modded away.

This is definitely looking like a "wait a year for the discount+DLC+megamod fixing everything" game.

passerby

Arcane
It's actually interesting, everything looks kinda decent, except combat, which is so fucking bad, especially in combat oriented game, how is it even possible. This is basic design fail, the game seems huge, but combat is so bad that playing seems pointless.

It didn't stop Witcher games from being commercial successes...

But this game has a failure written all over it. They had no idea whether they should make s-f, fantasy, or post-apo, so they've made it all at once...
Every aspect as bland and generic as it gets and it doesn't blend together, or make any sense. I can't stop yawning every time I watch this game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

It didn't stop Witcher games from being commercial successes...

But this game has a failure written all over it. They had no idea whether they should make s-f, fantasy, or post-apo, so they've made it all at once...
Every aspect as bland and generic as it gets and it doesn't blend together, or make any sense. I can't stop yawning every time I watch this game.
Good combat/core mechanics can make up for shallow open-world generic stuff. I know tons of people pan Fallout 4, and the writing is definitely terrible but the gunplay and mechanics of it make for a fun experience. You just have to ignore the derp and radiant quests and enjoy shooting things. I'm not sure what PB did to the Risen 1 engine to make it so awful in Risen 2 and 3 (I'm assuming it's the same engine) but when you take that solid melee combat experience out of the game then the shallow world issue is magnified. If you're not having any fun killing stuff then you probably can't be bothered to deal with the generic quests and exploring random building # 58. That there will be a mix of swords and laser rifles has me even more concerned about how well they can pull off combat.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Risen 2 & 3 combat was pretty enjoyable once you get the hang of it, it was designed as a throwback to Gothic 1-2 combat.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Risen 2 & 3 combat was pretty enjoyable once you get the hang of it, it was designed as a throwback to Gothic 1-2 combat.
Sure, I certainly threw out the r2 and r3 cds and went back to Gothic. Very effective throwback, honestly.

torpid

Liturgist
(Basically a new "Gothic 2 is still the king" video hehe)

You set the video to start at "I have a confession to make: I've been playing a lot of Oblivion lately" which almost made me stop watching right there.

And maybe I should have; when he really starts singing the praises of Gothic 2 (>13:30, "that's a hell of a feat"), he suddenly ruins it and retardoes himself when he says "too bad the combat is like mushy dog shit ground into a carpet. It's inept--the game balance is all over the place and the game is hard for all the wrong reasons." After having complained about Oblivion's easy, level-scaled combat! Decline when I least expected it. You can lead a horse to water and even make him take a sip, but then apparently he'll throw up and ruin it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom