Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
YES! should be renamed to ELEX!

DarkUnderlord

nbwlnPi.png

PrettyDeadman

I'm not sure of what I said that made all you dummies get all philosophical. Do you think reviews are great and help decide what you should like and buy? And you disagree that knowing the tastes and game's the reviewer liked are pertinent? And you agree that a moderator of a specific game genre liked only 3 games in 5 years that he is willing to admit to? You know the loved games list of the key reviewers of this site is half kid's games like pokemon and half games completely devoid of rpg elements like whatever popular console games come all the time. I honestly don't see how what these monkeys think is pertinent to any sane person who comes to this site because they actually like this genre and the games that are released for this genre.

Maybe one of you brainiacs can enlighten me?
I would love to but I didn't quite understand what were you trying to say.

harhar!

Augur
Elex seems to be the type of game that you need to spend time with to appreciate it, which reviewers obviously don't do. I expect that the user scores will be higher than the critic scores on metacritic.

Holeeee shit.

3/10. ELEX is bad in almost every way. It’s a poor attempt and impossible to enjoy anything outside of its interesting setting and backstory.

:imperialscum:

PSU said:
ELEX is unnecessarily hard. Even when playing on the easiest difficulty level I was massacred by everything. The first bandit I encountered killed me in about two hits. Twelve hours later that same bandit would kill me in three hits. Everything is so hard to kill and so high level I don’t know how anyone is able to progress in the game.

Upgrading Jax is just as painful as combat. When you level up you can distribute points across various attributes like strength, dexterity, and intelligence. This is all fine and well until you get to the meat of upgrades, your abilities. If you want to learn any sort of abilities you first have to earn the favor of the leader of whatever town you’re in.
That's just the first problem, the second problem comes in finding Trainers. These Trainers are the only ones that can teach you specific abilities. The problem is the restrictions placed on these abilities. First, you have to win approval, then you have to have enough points placed into specific categories.
The hurdles placed in the game are just insane.

:hero: Makes ELEX sound even better than I expected.

This is why numeric scores are shit. I learned all I possibly wanted from this piece you quote. Reviewer has a bad taste but he is informative, for a casual scum he is a good reviewer. But his score may scare off people who are interested in a challenge and look at scores first before reading.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Elex seems to be the type of game that you need to spend time with to appreciate it, which reviewers obviously don't do.

PB game reviews have always been particularly dumb. The problem is most reviewers are actually Americans - you haven't realized this have you - and mainstream Kwan journos are notoriously awful at reviewing Yuro games. They will forgive mountains of bugs, fanfic writing and horrifying animations when it's Bethesda or Bioware but whenever a German, French or Eastern Yuro game has the same flaws they'll scorn it and mock it and jeer at it.

Anyway, why would anyone listen to some kasual journo/reviewer opining on any game? These people have no value whatsoever.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What obnoxious things have I done? What specifically about my writing style makes you want to claw your eyes out? Saying stupid shit is fun and all, but if you want to go from saying stupid shit to helping me improve please articulate. And only fucking super downies would ever li9ke something and not admit to it on an online forum filled with kids and dummies. Sure, there is shit I hide from people in real life because you kind of have to at work and want to from people who matter and would use it as ammo to make fun of you. But online? With you silly bitches?

I have scientifically proven superior taste in rpgs than anyone else. Only my opinion matters. Since I say TToN is good you can take that to the bank.

I wasn’t being sarcastic about TToN. I wish the codex hadn’t torpedoed it after spending years begging for walls of text.

Regarding your writing style, in all seriousness, you often have an aversion to commas that drives me nuts, along with a tendency to repeat yourself in the same post or even the same paragraph. Sometimes less is more!

As for obnoxiousness, I thought that was your schtick.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
I looked at a random twitch stream. Player had no problem getting from A to B even during nighttime, when he avoided monsters on the way (easy because several seem to be fluorescent). Also, ref. the review quoted many times, I don't see how a raptor can be a problem when you have a jetpack for Pete's sake. Finding and being accepted by trainers, proving yourself for a faction, having to work before you actually have a character who can throw some weight around etc. is one of the best aspects of the PB games because it gives a real sense of character progression. Why would you NOT like that?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
the only RTwP game with good combat I always talk about and cant remember the name of at this moment
Aarklash Legacy perchance?

Yes, thank you.
I wasn’t being sarcastic about TToN. I wish the codex hadn’t torpedoed it after spending years begging for walls of text.

Regarding your writing style, in all seriousness, you often have an aversion to commas that drives me nuts, along with a tendency to repeat yourself in the same post or even the same paragraph. Sometimes less is more!

As for obnoxiousness, I thought that was your schtick.

My work lady who checks all my emails before sending them out tells me I use way too many commas. I repeat myself because no one ever replies or seems to understand the points I'm trying to make. Repeating myself is frustrating, but having tons of retarded children ignore my point is more so.

And my schtick is the promotion and advancement of rpgs and this site being retaken from console kids and general hipster gamers and just plain old fucking retards that infest this site. What is something obnoxious I've done?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Honestly it's hardly a surprise that the game has technical issues

EDIT: wow watched the rest of it, what a retard

Why watch any of these videos? Why not be normal and play video games instead of watching other people play them? Anyone who makes these videos are clearly retarded, but what does that say about the people who watch them?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm playing Eternal with the video in the background and I'm watching Elex videos because the game is not out yet

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I'm playing Eternal with the video in the background and I'm watching Elex videos because the game is not out yet

What use are the videos? Would you want to watch videos of someone watching a movie that isn't out yet and you want to watch? Personally, I'm more into watching movies and playing games myself and see no appeal in watching other people do either.

Volken

Scholar
I guess Elex can compete in the best cigarette looting simulator bracket.

Or healing potions hidden in the toilet bowl. Whatever. It all makes sense because it's RPG.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

"I've played Dragon Age: Inquisition to the end, and this game ain't that!"

Ah, good to know. I'll be buying it then.

He started pointing out that the game isn't as good as Doom,Mad Max and Inquistion,at that point I just wanted to smash his head to a pulp.Next time don't send keys to every retard with a keyboard and a 500 sub channel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom