Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
This is what they get for not sending a key to RPG Codex.
Do you have a key already or need one for review?
Darth Roxor now
tenor.gif

ortucis

Prophet
I looked at a random twitch stream. Player had no problem getting from A to B even during nighttime, when he avoided monsters on the way (easy because several seem to be fluorescent). Also, ref. the review quoted many times, I don't see how a raptor can be a problem when you have a jetpack for Pete's sake. Finding and being accepted by trainers, proving yourself for a faction, having to work before you actually have a character who can throw some weight around etc. is one of the best aspects of the PB games because it gives a real sense of character progression. Why would you NOT like that?

B-But, I wanna be teh Dragonborn, teh Shepard, teh Herpa Derp legend the moment I begin. Working to make my name is so old school. +M

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I looked at a random twitch stream. Player had no problem getting from A to B even during nighttime, when he avoided monsters on the way (easy because several seem to be fluorescent). Also, ref. the review quoted many times, I don't see how a raptor can be a problem when you have a jetpack for Pete's sake. Finding and being accepted by trainers, proving yourself for a faction, having to work before you actually have a character who can throw some weight around etc. is one of the best aspects of the PB games because it gives a real sense of character progression. Why would you NOT like that?

B-But, I wanna be teh Dragonborn, teh Shepard, teh Herpa Derp legend the moment I begin. Working to make my name is so old school. +M

That's why Fallout 1 was the best, you started as some random vault dweller and ended up as hero of the wastes. :obviously:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
'

A colossally huge, magnificently designed open-world with impeccable PC optimization and the deepest character progression system in action RPG history, along with the greatest choice and consequence and quest design seen in an open world game. It will take tens of hours to even begin to penetrate the surface... yet of course, "professional" reviews hammered out after 3 hours of uninterested play on console, while bemoaning the complexity and challenge of the game will be here to inform you as to whether or not you should buy it on PC.

Such is the state of the industry. Awe well. So it goes.

Regardless, no lootboxes, no DLC, no DRM, no season passes, hundreds of hours of content, no multiplayer nonsense and zero pandering to anyone but their core demographic should be enough to encourage anyone with a PC from the past 5 years to pick it up ASAP. Support games by people who make games for themselves, not people who make games for yachts'

:hype:

PrettyDeadman

I'll write a goty review for this game today after 20 minutes of play. It would be called best game of the year and absolute masterpiece.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I'll write a goty review for this game today after 20 minutes of play. It would be called best game of the year and absolute masterpiece.
I will write one 20 minutes BEFORE I play the game!

Mostly because I can't afford it right now.

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
I lost my job two weeks ago. This worried my mother, who came to visit me from Florida to make sure I would be able to pay her the birth tax I owe her. I told her "Don't worry, Mom. I have a plan." I took her to my PC to show her the next project I would be working on.

I showed her the purchase of ELEX on Steam. She looked down on me with a pride I had never seen before in her eyes. "After forty years I finally don't regret having the abortion," she said. That was the first hug I had ever gotten from my mother. She even put in an extra TV dinner in the microwave for me, something I had only ever dreamed of before. It would be the first time I had ever eaten such an extravagant meal.

Life is ELEX.

Mortmal

Arcane
'

A colossally huge, magnificently designed open-world with impeccable PC optimization and the deepest character progression system in action RPG history, along with the greatest choice and consequence and quest design seen in an open world game. It will take tens of hours to even begin to penetrate the surface... yet of course, "professional" reviews hammered out after 3 hours of uninterested play on console, while bemoaning the complexity and challenge of the game will be here to inform you as to whether or not you should buy it on PC.

Such is the state of the industry. Awe well. So it goes.

Regardless, no lootboxes, no DLC, no DRM, no season passes, hundreds of hours of content, no multiplayer nonsense and zero pandering to anyone but their core demographic should be enough to encourage anyone with a PC from the past 5 years to pick it up ASAP. Support games by people who make games for themselves, not people who make games for yachts'

:hype:
You are serious , or you are in "no man sky mode" again?..

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

"I've played Dragon Age: Inquisition to the end, and this game ain't that!"

Ah, good to know. I'll be buying it then.

'The Video has been removed by the user'

He's possibly been tortured until he took it down. Who was it, I'm interested in the follow up?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
"Ps4/XBONE can not get above 30fps." - ACG

Fucking hell, why are people still buying games like this on console - haven't they learned?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I have decided to sort myself out and follow the path of the righteous, which is pre-ordering ELEX.
THQ Nordic seem like a good publisher, there's a decent safety net for the game's future anyway. If it's not polished now, perhaps in a few months.

And at least, unlike Gothic 3, they aren't releasing their largest game unfinished this time.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I seen drastic lag on console version. It would be funny to see console players complain and releasing patches.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Elex seems to be the type of game that you need to spend time with to appreciate it, which reviewers obviously don't do.

PB game reviews have always been particularly dumb. The problem is most reviewers are actually Americans - you haven't realized this have you - and mainstream Kwan journos are notoriously awful at reviewing Yuro games. They will forgive mountains of bugs, fanfic writing and horrifying animations when it's Bethesda or Bioware but whenever a German, French or Eastern Yuro game has the same flaws they'll scorn it and mock it and jeer at it.

Anyway, why would anyone listen to some kasual journo/reviewer opining on any game? These people have no value whatsoever.
Another explanation is that most of the biggest computer games making companies are not from Europe. Big company making a game and promoting it = translates into measurable benefits for the "game journalists". Medium/small company doing the same thing = suddenly they start to see flaws in the product.
In this case: Beth almost certainly has a bigger promotional budget than PB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom