Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
This professional victim, played through Elex in search of racism. When he couldn't find anything outside PB's rushed character models and thus, lack of "coloured NPCs" - he pulls out his magnifying glass (20:00) and makes a desperate leap in concluding PB have some Nazi agenda by citing some in-game lore.

"Not being racist = still racist". The fake-outrage is strong in this one.

Murk

Arcane
I must go, my (lizard) people need me.

5266FB744D11BBE9AD174CAA05B43943447BFBE6

Murk

Arcane
I genuinely like that the 'climb' context button applies to the most minuscule shit.

Real OCD talk: How many of you have painstakingly jet packed too the top of the thin spike like antenna on the radio towers to get the grenade bundles found on them? I mean the absolute pinpoint tip.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
This professional victim, played through Elex in search of racism. When he couldn't find anything outside PB's rushed character models and thus, lack of "coloured NPCs" - he pulls out his magnifying glass (20:00) and makes a desperate leap in concluding PB have some Nazi agenda by citing some in-game lore.

It's a game made by crackers, are you trying to deny its intrinsic racism?

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I must go, my (lizard) people need me.....
The screenshot + scenery look quite fitting for an indie rock album cover.

i’m curios about claw quest ending, apparently there is other people and faction on the planet

Claw quest ending? Last quest I did related to them was setting up Drog for thievery and send him to exile. But nothing else.

T. Reich

Arcane
You're gonna acquire a jetpack, sky's the limit!.
Sky and the radiation.

I can't be the only one upset about not being able to explore the impact site of the Comet.
i’m curios about claw quest ending, apparently there is other people and faction on the planet

Dunno about the claw quest yet, but I distinctly remember either some faction dude talking about, or have written about getting out to the entirely different region of the world. Unfortunately, I forgot to write it down for future reference.

Murk

Arcane
re: claw quest

The claws (rat's claw, katta's claw, etc.) gives you access to the thieve's guild in the domed city. when you finish, they also leave to another land. it seems to imply you'd meet them again, but might just be setup for elex 2

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
When you have to keep lowering the speed limit because no one speeds anymore, and brings in "yo revenuez" like they used to - you are denying the problem it's resolution. Unhealthy...

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Is there some class or build in this game which is deeper and tactical and more complex than everything else?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Real OCD talk: How many of you have painstakingly jet packed too the top of the thin spike like antenna on the radio towers to get the grenade bundles found on them? I mean the absolute pinpoint tip.
oCazbFS.jpg

I never even used them.

same

and the worst thing is there are multiple places like this :negative:

Also, regarding the end of the krawz, there are a few more instances where more life is implied beyond Xacor. North of Abessa at the mountain troll's lair you find the journal of a mountaineer whose intention was to go see the world beyond the mountains too.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Well, Jax surely opens up before Caja upon their first encounter. Took me by surprise, he probably has produced twice as many words he did from the game's beginning.

hilfazer

Scholar
I genuinely like that the 'climb' context button applies to the most minuscule shit.

I did once. Apparently I can't make screenshots when playing through GOG / Galaxy. Tower near starting point had 4 explosive grenades.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From whacking rats to shooting down battle mechs with a plasma rifle. The sense of progress is p. real.

Morkar Left

Professional victim sounds right!

But yeah, it seems out of place that there are no colored people when you consider that Magalaan is very similar to our world. It was a modern world after all where all cultures should had experienced some degree of mobility and migration.

GloomFrost

Arcane

Professional victim sounds right!

But yeah, it seems out of place that there are no colored people when you consider that Magalaan is very similar to our world. It was a modern world after all where all cultures should had experienced some degree of mobility and migration.

Well not really. There were hardly any blacks in Western Europe even in 80s. There arent many coloured people in Eastern Europe or Russia even nowadays. Also dont forget about small secluded places somewhere deep in Scotland or Iceland. Its always easier to call someone racist nazi rather then try and use a brain. Standard antifa, sjw tactics.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Well not really. There were hardly any blacks in Western Europe even in 80s. There arent many coloured people in Eastern Europe or Russia even nowadays. Also dont forget about small secluded places somewhere deep in Scotland or Iceland. Its always easier to call someone racist nazi rather then try and use a brain. Standard antifa, sjw tactics.
Disregarding all that though, the idiot just doesn't even acknowledge that artists depict what they're used to most of the time subconsciously - and being fiction, you can do whatever you want. Witcher is especially memorable in part because it's a massive caricature of Poland and a mish-mash of certain European cultures at times. But that's probably still racist to this faggot, because they are white, no other reason.

He thinks everywhere white people exist outside America, they should abide by the same "white guilt" rules, just because. Talks about WW2 as if it relates to black slavery in America when he says he got a "headache after being so offended" and the internal conflict within Europe is something he never mentions. He probably thinks Wolfenstein II is based on historical fact lol

Oh and the colony ship launching into space requesting "fit, healthy and intelligent individuals" is apparently a reference to "Nazi Aryan Ideals". Again, according to him, it cements the absence of coloured people because "they didn't fit those requirements..." ? (detecting self-hate lol)

Yeah like it hasn't ever been NASAs standard practice to send people into orbit, who aren't dumb and morbidly obese...it's racism!

:0-13:

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Some other flaws:
You can have only a maximum of 100 saves.
IF your WIndows suername has some speshul characters like š or something, the saving system fucks up.

The saving system flaws sounds like pure consoltard crap. They didn't even bother fixing it.

hory shit nigga now thats just pure distilled autism
This is especially funny, since they fixed that with the first Patch almost a month ago:
Update October 27th 2017
Changelog
Engine
- Crash fix for systems with more than 16 logical CPU cores.
- If savegame limit is reached, “Create new savegame” is hidden. (limit is 99)
- Fixed saving for all Windows user.
- Fixed some freezes in tutorials. The tutorial won't be shown if the corresponding key bindings are not valid.
- Fixed saving after the Big Bang fight was not possible.
- Fixed pink water on some older AMD/ATI graphic devices.
- Fixed game freeze when you try to interact during an evade roll.

So he's probably playing the pirated version and is still casting his butthurt by blaming the dev.
5gx693.png

elex-200gajtx.png

From what I can tell so far (30 hours in and got to the Cleric city by now), the "hitbox" issue that these imbeciles keep copy-pasting is simply not true, since I haven't experienced it once yet and evade usually works perfectly fine if timed right.

They're also repeating the same old shit as if they didn't have some original thought, I have some issues with the game so far too, but they're a bit different:
- No SLI support / playing at 4K/60 is impossible without
- The world is maybe a tad too big for its own good, the concentrated action and "something interesting to find at every corner" effect of Gothic 1/2/Risen gives way to a bit of "not more of this shit" of the Bethesda games, although not anywhere near the same level
- Jetpack and Teleporters make it easier to move around, but don’t help with getting as familiar with the world and experiencing the progress of beating a tough enemy to get by him and open up a previously locked part of the map quite the same as in previous games if you can just fly over, there’s also quests that become kind of pointless and trivial due to it (like getting stuff out of the garbage dump, or anything where you basically have to get by NPCs) because instead of elaborate quests to get there, you can just fly right in.

I agree with them on two things though:
- Jumping/Rolling animations definitely require some work and attract negative attention early on. It's kind of strange that Piranha Bytes can't hire a good animator to do some good character animations for their games when this is a recurring complaint and there's already systems available for free that can do a better job: https://www.mixamo.com/#/?page=1&query=jumping&type=Motion,MotionPack but one gets used to them after a few hours. Maybe someone should put up a Crowdfunding campaign for a few thousand Euro for Piranha Bytes to be able to hire an experienced Animator
- The HDR lighting effect when entering buildings is definitely very overdone, so are God rays / Also Disable Depth of Focus immediately after starting the game for better visuals!
elex2017-10-2002-15-138jn7.png

elex2017-10-2002-17-354jne.png

elex2017-10-2006-35-22xkz1.png

I don't really have any issue with the inventory or UI so far (aside from some bugs where it can sometimes disappear through a wall), but I'm playing with controller and mostly melee, I just switch over to Mouse+Keyboard for ranged weapons sometimes.

But that doesn't make the game overall any less great than it is.

Also don't know how people can say the game is fugly, especially compared to some of the Bethestard games:
elex2017-10-2002-08-3eeknm.png

1i7apj.png

elex2017-10-2005-21-1a1jbn.png

elex2017-10-2015-57-22ikl5.png

nejz10.png

t27pve.png

elex2017-11-1017-10-1j4jnd.png

w1twf5.png

elex2017-11-1317-38-1j7ke5.png

bkwm99.png

5j4oa0.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom