Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You could argue that using plasma rifles is just broken - and you are right - but you have no other chance as an dex/int character on ultra difficulty, you just do zero melee damage with such a build.
Did you ever play a Piranha Bytes game before that?
It is common knowledge that ranged is always broken. It is mandatory.

T. Reich

Arcane
Summoning and aoe spells, too.

In ELEX, aoe is also broken AF.
I assume that when someone here talks about plasma weapons being "broken", they mean abusing the "explosive" firing mode, which makes those people cheaters in my eyes.

Elex

Arbiter
Former Piranha Bytes and CDProjekt RED figureheads have been developing it privately this entire time.

Under project codename: "Spacetime".

Thanks for the reminder. Had forgotten this one.

Should be interesting and certainly better than whatever Pankratz Bytes will release.
they are a totally different team? ladt interview pankratz say they are 27, i don’t think the red team is part of that 27 people.

so they have same name but a tor

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I forgot to add: PB, for the love of God, bring back pointer NPCs. An absolute lack of interaction with 95% of characters in your game is just soul rending. It wouldn't be much to do, considering G1 did it perfectly already. Just give all generic NPCs copy-pasted expository answers ("where am I", "how to get to...?", "who's in charge here?") with a few voice actors/reuse other voice actors. This would also get rid of necessity of using quest markers where they're not needed.

Tygrende

Arbiter
I'm wondering, how many people who worked on Gothic 1/2 are still a part of Piranha Bytes and worked on Elex?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm wondering, how many people who worked on Gothic 1/2 are still a part of Piranha Bytes and worked on Elex?

Very few, and most of them used to have unimportant positions back then iirc. I made the comparison once for Risen 3, so not a lot could have changed since then.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
bjorn don’t work at PB since g1?

yeah and his duties there included "additional game design", "administration", "quality assurance", "music" and "additional sound effects"

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Elex

Arbiter
Elex is a terribly constructed video game full of glitches, lag, eye-sores, and confusing mechanics. I would not recommend most people go through the pain of playing this RPG. And yet, despite all of this, I am obsessed with Elex. I can’t stop playing it. In a year of incredible releases, Elex manages to be one of the best and worst.
But when it works, boy, does Elexhook its claws into me. I’m 33 hours in, and I’ve been playing it obsessively while games like Mario Odyssey and The Evil Within 2 lie in wait.
They definitely blow Andromeda out of the water.

oh boi, the inevitable is happening.

JDR13

Arcane
I thought Elex was massive incline compared to most of the crap this genre has produced in recent years. At least for open-world RPGs.

Momock

Augur
Guys, I don't know if I should play this game or not! So here's a question: what is the level of shittyness of the combat? Is it Risen 1 or Risen 2?

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Guys, I don't know if I should play this game or not! So here's a question: what is the level of shittyness of the combat? Is it Risen 1 or Risen 2?

Have you by any chance heard of these games that Piranha Bytes made before the Risen series called "Gothic"? It's like those.

CreamyBlood

Arcane

For you, I'd say not! The combat would be too shitty for you plus you need to read at a few points in the game and you've shown that you haven't learned how to do that yet.

I hope they keep patching the game so I can give them some deserved money. Otherwise, I will wait for community patches.

I'm almost in the verge of installing Gothic 3 because patching should be 'almost' over.

JDR13

Arcane
I hope they keep patching the game so I can give them some deserved money. Otherwise, I will wait for community patches.

I'm almost in the verge of installing Gothic 3 because patching should be 'almost' over.

What exactly are you waiting for them to patch? The game has a few balance issues but otherwise It's quite polished.

Gimble

Educated

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Originally posted by Colour Haze:
03-12-2017, 11:28 #1
eisberg

Is there going to be another patch for this game?
Just wondering if there is going to be another patch for this game?

06-12-2017, 16:33 #2
Michael Rüve
Piranha Bytes

Yes. Shortly.

Pls. do not ask me for an exact date (not entirely in our hands) or exact content (I don't know yet).

Lol feck. No time for patching eh?

Nordic must be cracking the Elex 2 whip hardcore.

Elex

Arbiter

Very few, and most of them used to have unimportant positions back then iirc. I made the comparison once for Risen 3, so not a lot could have changed since then.

Well, they seem to know enough to use some animations from Gothic 2 -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BoBmNFTjCk

well this is false.

I’m 75% sure that is coming from Gothic 1 like the running animation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom