Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
story spoilers for the intro?

lol

Hevnknekt

Educated
I feel like this quote deserves a little bit of appreciation.

ELEX_2017-11-04_12-38-07-43.jpg

waterdeep

Learned
Why are the nights so bright? I could've sworn when I was watching gameplay on release day the nights were pitch black.

Question: from what I was said, there is a location that feels incomplete and void of content that could just be cut and could be made into the main land. I never played Elex, so I can't be clearer, but I'm wondering if there is a mod that just cut that location and added it into the main land or whatever

ehueheu

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Question: from what I was said there is a location that feels incomplete and void of content that could just be cut and could be made into the main land. I never played Elex, so I can't be clearer, but I'm wondering if there is a mod that just cut that location and added it into the main land or whatever

ehueheu
I think that you misunderstood. The area around Hort isn't very fleshed out, but is a part of the main game, it's not an island or anything. Had they cut it out, you wouldn't miss it, but it in no way ruins the game.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think that you misunderstood. The area around Hort isn't very fleshed out, but is a part of the main game, it's not an island or anything. Had they cut it out, you wouldn't miss it, but it in no way ruins the game.
How is it less "fleshed out" than the rest of the game? Most of the map is pretty sparse all over, hence all the retards complaining about MUH GAEM TOO BIGZ!!!! 1!1!11!

imweasel

The area around Hort isn't very fleshed out, but is a part of the main game, it's not an island or anything. Had they cut it out, you wouldn't miss it, but it in no way ruins the game.
I disagree. It isn't very fleshed out, but it doesn't have to be. It is a unique area with some interesting stuff as well as creatures and that is fine.

How is it less "fleshed out" than the rest of the game? Most of the map is pretty sparse all over, hence all the retards complaining about MUH GAEM TOO BIGZ!!!! 1!1!11!
It is fleshed out enough to spend over 100 hours in.

Anyway, I am just happy that the fucking map doesn't 150 linear caves/crypts spread within 5 meters of each other, that have absolutely nothing of interest inside them, like in Skyrim.

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Area around Hort does have some interesting things if you are interested in the story of the old world,also there is the comet. I really liked how they make the gathering of the story bits interesting,i don't read notes and books much in games,but here they were done interesting. You ether get interested by the building and the environment or you find some audiolog that picks your interest. Also the game never gives you a full answer to the story. I did enjoy the story about group of people ditching their friend and going to the beach only to find out that he was right and they were going to die a miserable death :). Another interesting thing was the toxic facility and the strange experiments that were made there,or the military bunkers that you never got the explore making you wonder what happened.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are around Hort feels underdeveloped because there really isn't much to do. Compared to other places, it has few quests. Only real difference is that there is lava and the place of the meteor.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Are around Hort feels underdeveloped because there really isn't much to do. Compared to other places, it has few quests. Only real difference is that there is lava and the place of the meteor.
That is an illusion,the area have a lot of outside quests,maybe even the second place in outside quests. It is just that most player reach it later on and it feels like just another biome. All areas do have a lot of non quest places for exploration. The only thing that is meh in the game is the loot/items you found in those places. They are pointless and illogical,still i do like the toilet paper stack in my inventory :). The problem is when you find a scrap part next to a fucking tank. Why the fuck they didn't use/scrap those fucking thing?! Or collecting fucking knifes and forks.....:roll:.

If nothing else Fallout 4 does have logical scraping mechanic.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That is an illusion

nope

hort is objectively underdeveloped compared to all the other areas barring xacor

claiming otherwise is reality warping
What do you mean by developed? If you mean quests then the dessert have the least. It looks meh and player does want to get past it faster sure,but honestly don't see how it is under developed.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ignadon (not counting Hort itself, which is cool) has almost no quests whatsoever, and the ones it has are shit like "tag 5 shrines" or "kill 5 bots". It also has the least (none?) of those secluded quest setpieces like the dam overrun by bandits or the farm harassed by clerics (both in Abessa). As I mentioned multiple times before (including in revio) you could axe all of Ignadon, leave only the Hort, the mountain pass leading to it and the cleric forward outpost in the old castle, and you'd lose nothing of value.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ignadon (not counting Hort itself, which is cool) has almost no quests whatsoever, and the ones it has are shit like "tag 5 shrines" or "kill 5 bots". It also has the least (none?) of those secluded quest setpieces like the dam overrun by bandits or the farm harassed by clerics (both in Abessa). As I mentioned multiple times before (including in revio) you could axe all of Ignadon, leave only the Hort, the mountain pass leading to it and the cleric forward outpost in the old castle, and you'd lose nothing of value.
Same could be said about the desert,kill scrappers ans save the good old immortal Jack from cannibals. Also the training fort in Ignadon is part of Ignadon,it is not fair just to exclude it. A lot of Hortquests end up in Hort. To be honest quantity of quests in Hort was a little bit of downer.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It's pretty clear that the world of Elex was underdeveloped and there's a lot of empty space, but I appreciate that the content that was there was unique, good and mostly interesting. It's a better alternative than Gothic 3, which had a empty world but the content was also boring and pretty shit.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Guess those Ignadon structures that you can't enter because of yuge poison/radiation are just for trolling purposes.

Like that little shack across the lake.

There's also an entire area across the mountains in the desert that gets you instakilled.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Guess those Ignadon structures that you can't enter because of yuge poison/radiation are just for trolling purposes.

There's also an entire area across the mountains in the desert that gets you instakilled.

Yeah all this shit too, thanks for reminding me.

T. Reich

Arcane

I really liked the industial complex next to the volcano (the one with the huge-ass door), because it at least had a decent amount of worldbuilding with the voice messages/notes. But it's still a waste of a good place, because it has no quests tied to it, IIRC.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I did explore them with cheatengine's help and must say that there is nothing there. I found a few worthless loot items placed by mistake. A big disappointing to me was that Calan was just a texture that you could pass trough :(.

waterdeep

Learned
Just finished the game as a synthetic cleric after 50 hours. Good C&C and exploration, though I wish the quests weren't mostly follow the yellow dot on the GPS.

Good ending too. The ayyliens are coming.

Hevnknekt

Educated
Just finished the game as a synthetic cleric after 50 hours. Good C&C and exploration, though I wish the quests weren't mostly follow the yellow dot on the GPS.

Good ending too. The ayyliens are coming.

Educational, as well. I think the #1 lesson to take from ELEX is that Richard Dawkins is an autist.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So... Is there anything left to wait for (patches,dlc etc) or can one safely begin playing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom