Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Feinting literally does not work. Basically half the combat features are pointless. Ignore feinting and combos, and just master strike everyone to death or walk up against them to force them in a clutch, spam M1 and strike them for as many hits your stamina allows. It's literally the only way to force high level enemies out of a defensive position.

Yosharian

Arcane
Feinting literally does not work. Basically half the combat features are pointless. Ignore feinting and combos, and just master strike everyone to death or walk up against them to force them in a clutch, spam M1 and strike them for as many hits your stamina allows. It's literally the only way to force high level enemies out of a defensive position.
:negative:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Or you could just use bow and kill them from afar. By the end you will be killing the strongest monsters in 2-3 shots,albs for example are one shotted.

imweasel

Your basic melee attack comprises of comboing and dodging/rolling. It takes a bit of practice, but comboing works very well and does tons of damage.

This is the Elex and not the KCD thread. :lol:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
rtjde0s4.5sq.png

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
They did. Elex's world was a joy to explore and didn't feel repetitive at all. Ignadon and Xacor were a bit underdeveloped, but the areas surrounding Xacor were great. Whatever workflow the world designers have in Piranha Bytes must be fucking crazy, because I don't know what German magic they are utilizing to make these worlds in 2-3 years.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They did. Elex's world was a joy to explore and didn't feel repetitive at all. Ignadon and Xacor were a bit underdeveloped, but the areas surrounding Xacor were great. Whatever workflow the world designers have in Piranha Bytes must be fucking crazy, because I don't know what German magic they are utilizing to make these worlds in 2-3 years.
A lot of experience mate,some part do feel like they are from another of their games. For example Jack the light keeper was in every single of their games....except maybe not in the first gothic.

Morkar Left

As far as I know it's mostly one guy doing the world design.

Moink

Cipher
Started this game a couple of weeks ago and hated it so much I uninstalled it, reinstalled it a few days ago since my friend was nagging me and ended up loving it, played around 30-35 hours in 3 days and just finished it, I hope Jax improves his flirting power in the sequel though.

512e2d88843bf0a108ab548f85fbfb61.jpg

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
30 hours in and I don't know why you cannot put markers on the map. Without a doubt the most annoying thing about the game for me.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Started this game a couple of weeks ago and hated it so much I uninstalled it, reinstalled it a few days ago [...] and ended up loving it,

how out of touch with reality one should be to cross from one extreme to the other?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Raapys

Arcane
PB have always been amazing at game worlds, specifically the terrain/landscape/locations. All the Gothics, Risen and now ELEX. Not sure exactly what their trick is, but it's something neither Bethesda nor anyone else have managed to replicate. Maybe other devs just rely more on heightmaps.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ignadon (not counting Hort itself, which is cool) has almost no quests whatsoever, and the ones it has are shit like "tag 5 shrines" or "kill 5 bots". It also has the least (none?) of those secluded quest setpieces like the dam overrun by bandits or the farm harassed by clerics (both in Abessa). As I mentioned multiple times before (including in revio) you could axe all of Ignadon, leave only the Hort, the mountain pass leading to it and the cleric forward outpost in the old castle, and you'd lose nothing of value.

Forgetting the THUNDERDOME are we? That's in Ignadon and part of the main quest if I'm not mistaken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom