Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

jungl

Augur
there is no fall damage in this game if you spam jump before you hit the ground you take no damage.

Raapys

Arcane
This fucking fall damage is killing me.

1) enemies dont stop pursuing. so anytime one gets attacked by an over leveled enemy, running away is only possible if one can vertically jetpack out of range. otherwise one can run for days and create a train of monsters who never care that they are miles from home.
2) fucking fall damage. I die more from jumping around than anything else. An 8 foot roof? -- Instant Death! Things that wouldnt sprain an ankle kill this dude.
1. Wat. Just sprint. I frequently run straight past enemies and have lost them within 5-20 seconds depending on how fast they are.
2. You have a motherfucking jetpack. Press space before reaching the ground.

imweasel

2) fucking fall damage. I die more from jumping around than anything else. An 8 foot roof? -- Instant Death! Things that wouldnt sprain an ankle kill this dude.
Do you not realize that you have a fucking jet pack? This is probably the one game where you can't die from jumping off of anything - hit the boosters and you land softly every time.

Enemies are also easy to shake off. Just keep on running and they fuck off after about 5 to 10 seconds.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why don't you make it with 4 natural and 2 alcohol? Also does anyone knows what you have to do to finish "New Findings" and "For handful of shards" ? I am at chapter 4 and those two don't want to progress their quest. It is really annoying.
Damn... I had no recipe, assumed it works out the same.
The recipe is sold by the alb merchant in the domed city. It is cheaper to make,from what i remember.

Also bookworm is a bug/dead skill.
I heard it works if your Int is 60, but not sure if we can trust this info.
Nah mate,i have 70 int and doesn't work. Even with the patch.

Anyway i managed to finish the game,but i feel unsatisfied by the ending. Too much talking and not enough conquering. It is annoying that factions are nothing more than cool armour and a few skills that are useless by the time you clear all the quests and join a faction.
Real spoilers
I was really disappointed at how it ended. I couldn't turn the whole planet in to a medieval jungle,and all the ELEX in to mana. It is stupid that the mages didn't try to make the spell again even if i killed the asshole that intervened,they needed only a few weeks to try it again:argh:.Also i couldn't conquer all the opposing factions,no epic war,no sieges or leader assassinations. Also i am furious that the two best quests for me were bugged.The one that have to find the bounty notes for ray and the one that you have to bring the mage chick to ELEX deposits. The ELEX mind story was interesting but it ended up bugged :negative:. As a whole the game felt very unfinished,yet enjoyable. All those changed feelings were useless and there was no need for them.I had encountered only one incident that i did say something to someone,and he reacted to it later in the game. Still i don't feel ripped,even if i am a pirate. Will be waiting for the second part!

canakin

Cipher
I declare this piece of shit the winner of Fastest Uninstalled Game of 2017 Award. It broke the record of Numanuma by making the main character faggot stuck in nothing in the elevator at the beginning. Fucking shovelware crap.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Some observations...

You should beeline the faction-related quests. In Goliet, that's just the warlord quests if you fuck up badly, or most of the named NPC quests, in desert place the captains's quests and in Hort the stuff the head cleric told you to do.

Because if you don't you might end up like me - spend 25 hours doing every single menial quest everywhere, then rank up from rank 1 to 2 to 3 in < 1 hour. You'll probably have more fun using the class abilities from the get-go.

Also I think Ultra difficulty is pointless masochism. I still play it because I am stupid, and it's certainly easily beatable (well, 'easily', heh...) but it's a bit of a chore. Even at level 22 with the Rank 1 armor some things 1-hit KO you, some things 2-HIT you. And the dodging isn't quite like in Dark Souls so sooner or later you will get hit, especially because some attacks just ignore blocking.

I want to say picking "Hard" should be good enough unless you want to run from every single chicken until level 12.

OK sank almost 30 hours into this and finally uninstalled it.

The devs clearly have no intention of fixing the horrible horrible combat with hitboxes all over the place. Raged weapons are so boring. Don't even mention the retarded shenanigans in melee combat. Combat is absolute trash tier. That is disregarding the clunky animations and overall lack of satisfying feedback. This is a terrible flaw in any action game, and almost a dealbreaker by itself.

The bloom/lens flare/transition whatever, will turn me blind if I continue with this.

Extremely trashy Inventory management and GUI. Looks like a prosperous offchild of some cheap p2w MMO and consoletard trash.

The above three flaws combined, made playing this game an absolute chore for me. As demonstrated by Gothic 3, Arcania and Risen 2/3, Pirhana Bytes can no longer into incline. This whole game reeks of incompetence by PB.

The only saving grace is exploration; but that too is marred by randomized monster placement, respawning monsters (just why?) and the absolute shit amount of xp you get when you finally get powerful enough to kill them.

I would honestly enjoy exploring and questing the world, if the three major flaws are fixed. But as of now it isn't worth playing.

Good thing I saved my jewgold and decided to try the demo first.

v1rus

Arcane
So, I only played until you meet not-Diego, then RL and Axiom Verge took my attention.

Whats the hivemind verdict atm? Last couple of pages aint in a ELEXUSIVE mood from what I've seen :(

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Some observations...

You should beeline the faction-related quests. In Goliet, that's just the warlord quests if you fuck up badly, or most of the named NPC quests, in desert place the captains's quests and in Hort the stuff the head cleric told you to do.

Because if you don't you might end up like me - spend 25 hours doing every single menial quest everywhere, then rank up from rank 1 to 2 to 3 in < 1 hour. You'll probably have more fun using the class abilities from the get-go.

Also I think Ultra difficulty is pointless masochism. I still play it because I am stupid, and it's certainly easily beatable (well, 'easily', heh...) but it's a bit of a chore. Even at level 22 with the Rank 1 armor some things 1-hit KO you, some things 2-HIT you. And the dodging isn't quite like in Dark Souls so sooner or later you will get hit, especially because some attacks just ignore blocking.

I want to say picking "Hard" should be good enough unless you want to run from every single chicken until level 12.
The best dodging for me was F9 . I used bow and by the end it was op with the targeting skill from the berserks.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
SamFlam, i see what you're doing there.
nOv8B2B.jpg

ortucis

Prophet
Anyone knows how to finish "The Abessa Dispute"? I came back, Outlaws and Albs all dead (am a Cleric, supported my side of course), searched all bodies, talked to everyone, roamed all over the Dome city so far. Hell, even found "The Claws" and joined with them (it's like the Thieves Guild from Oblivion.. except much better) and have finally started pickpocketing people after 22 hrs in. Still don't see that Abessa Dispute quest getting completed.

nigga u must be trolling :lol:

LOL I have taken a bit of damage here and there when out of jetpack, but never died from fall damage in this game. There is a fucking jetpack. I have been jumping from large mountains only to jet at the last moment for comfortable landing.

On the side note, after 20 hrs, finally ventured into the middle of the map only to find another town and a quest to build it up. Quickly went back, got Caja as a companion (she was standing there, forgot about her) and after completing her beginning companion quest, am back at the new village for more quests.

Unlike shit-pile of games like Fallout 3/4, Mass Effect, in ELEX I actually feel excited when I discover a new place. Especially after exploring so much. Also, my Laser Rifle + Flame Thrower + Black Hole combo is busy fucking up so many enemies together, doesn't hurt that Caja has a fucking rocket launcher she emptied into them from distance (unless it's her magic, haven't noticed what she's using).

Game is GOTY for me. Now about that patch..

EDIT: WTF is with Flamethrower fuel being hard to find? I've only found a bit here and there, nothing in shops. When I purchased it, it came with 25 fuel.. are you fucking kidding me? Cheap bastards.

EDIT 2: Apparently, Fuel disappears from shops. It's another bug. Great, just great.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
You play 30 hours and call it a demo, you're just a thief

(And with some kind of brain disease so you cant tell what the fuck you dont like?)

Good fucking riddance that I stole from undeserving incompetent white trash posers.

Eh, I finished DOS2 and need something to play. I honestly forced myself to play until i joined a faction.

Let's see how long people bitching about Oblivion/PoE played? And Oblivion is absolute trash.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
May I remind you of the guy who played darkest dungeon for 1000+ hours and then declared he thinks it's garbage? Codex is full of addled souls.

So, anyone find the treasure yet? I have 4 out of 16 map pieces...

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Some observations...
difficulty doesn't have any effect on enemy damage. any given enemy that one hits you on ultra will one hit you on easy. you can play with the settings any time you want which is a nice feature of non working sliders.
every fucking thing this game pretends to do is an illusion and it seem's there's more than enough people which are retarded enough not to notice it.
the difficulty sliders are mostly or completely non functional.
the attributes are mostly or completely non functional. other than gating equipment, they do nothing.
the open worldness is is offset by a linear path in both character power progression and enemy distribution.
the setting itself is left unused other than for purely cosmetic features. it was reported that one quest will make you repair an elevator with a cog or something, other than that, there is no machinery whatsoever that will do anything but rust.
on the other hand the game does do some things we love here at the codex:
things like fast travel from anywhere to any teleporter. how, you ask? well, somebody at PB must have thought it was a good idea. the game itself won't tell you why this is possible and whether it's science or magic. mark and recall spells would be something only nerds would know how to use. better not take any chances with the retards we're making this game for.
we also have the quest compass, which we also love here since skyrim i believe. you can turn it off... if you don't wanna do the quests. the game will not bother to give any directions and there are no street signs. so if anyone tells you the compass is not necessary he will mean one of two things: it's not necessary if you wait until you stumble upon your target or if you don't care about doing the quests. also he's a liar that uses it constantly.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
30+ hours and at level 28 I still did not join any faction. However my quest roster is empty and I'm basically forced to join a faction.

If someone pumps INT to 50 asap at the start of the game then it's possible to reach lvl 30 and not join any faction.

Honestly I'm a little bit pissed off ... cause I want my own faction.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Random bits:
- Natural ELEX is required for creating +2 Abilities potions and potential weapons upgrades. Don't waste it on anything else.
- One-hand + Shield build is broken because on upgrade One-hand requires STR + DEX/CON while the Shield requires STR + CON. Basically if you skilled STR + DEX then you will not be able to use an ungraded shield. Bummer.
- The combat mechanics are utter garbage. The game is unplayable once the PC enters combat. There is no excuse for this shit. 1st Gothic had better combat.
- Gothic approach to the world design was better. Maybe I'm wrong but I remember that the mobs in Gothic were generated each time a new chapter was started and the mobs placements was great. I cannot say the same thing about ELEX.
- Exploration is the game's strong point. Just take a companion and explore the world. It's actually great. The second strong point is the quest design: the way in which the quest are interwoven. Did not see such a thing in long time.
- The UI is an abomination. The quests compass is real. But it's way better than Risen 3 and it feels like an old PB game. The game could be good if they patch some things.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't believe so many people have problem with the combat. Is it the lock-on? You can turn that off.

Jinn

Arcane
Can't believe so many people have problem with the combat. Is it the lock-on? You can turn that off.

I've never even tried using the lock-on. Maybe that's why I've liked the combat fine so far?

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I actually like the lock-on, but only when I'm fighting 1 on 1 (eventually 2). The combat is very solid.

But, high level enemy placement might be misleading sometimes. It took me a while to go past some of them and realize there's a bunch of quests and enemies suitable for low levels. I hope it will be clarified in future patches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom