Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elhoim's Interfaces Main Thread

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I hope it's kingcomrade.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
concept07revisions012df.jpg

Vault Dweller said:
[What the above image is for] Loading screens with some descriptions. (Ref)

Any chance we could see any other images for the loading screen, or what the loading interface looks like? Pleeeeease. :D

Morbus

Scholar
It'd be nice but not random descriptions or lore or relevant info please. Not even hints. I personally prefer to have them in the game itself rather than in the loading screens. Not only because my loading times are very quick and I can't read anything at all, but also because it can lead to stupid things if one's not careful...

elander_

Arbiter
Jedi_Learner said:
I think I might be alone in this opinion, but I'd think it'd be great if you could choose from a different range of bottom interfaces in the game options. It isn't necessary, and it most likely won't blend well with the rest of the screens, but I think some of the interfaces below are as good as the current one you're using.

evolutiontx7.gif

Yes, this would be great.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Morbus said:
It'd be nice but not random descriptions or lore or relevant info please. Not even hints. I personally prefer to have them in the game itself rather than in the loading screens. Not only because my loading times are very quick and I can't read anything at all, but also because it can lead to stupid things if one's not careful...

I'd actually like to see descriptions, lore and the occasional hint in the loading screens. And Morbus, you don't have to worry about your computer going too fast for you to read up. In the topic I linked Vault Dweller posted that there would be a *enter* button giving you enough time to gawk. That is hoping they are still going this way, of course...

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Elhoim!

I have another question. The first posts used to contain two sets of the interface, marble and brick, and the player was supposed to be able to choose. Now I see only marble. Did you can the brick version or is it just not implemented yet?

cardtrick

Arbiter
The interface looks fantastic. It is by far the nicest interface I have ever seen in an indie RPG, either previously released or upcoming. Don't worry about it any more - it looks great, and it's really cohesive. Screw having the option to change the interface; that's a lot of work that really shouldn't be done by the developers anyway. Better to have one consistent look for the game and then focus your efforts elsewhere. If people really want other interfaces later, I imagine they can figure out a way to mod them in.

Elhoim should be focusing on textures for objects and scenery. From what I've seen, character models and equipment look great, as does the interface. Every time a screen is posted of a scene in the game, however, there seems to be plenty of work to do on the scenery. I'm not saying that they're bad, but I think that's where the game will benefit the most from Elhoim's efforts at this point.

EDIT: Oh, and I too like having lore and such available on loading screens. Mask of the Betrayer does a great job with this; some of it is random hints, but mostly it's lore related to the building or area that you're entering, which I really like. It keeps things from getting too repetitive (VTMB, I'm looking at you . . . well written though they were, the same set of 5 or 10 loading screens in each quarter of the game got extremely repetitive as I sat through the frequent 4 minute load times on my old computer).

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Claw said:
Elhoim!

I have another question. The first posts used to contain two sets of the interface, marble and brick, and the player was supposed to be able to choose. Now I see only marble. Did you can the brick version or is it just not implemented yet?

This will be the only one.

About the scenery, yep, I'm focusing on that. I wish I could show you what I'm doing right now... But it's a surprise! :)

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's OK, I believe the dialogue screen was the only one where I preferred the brick version anyway. It's cool as it is.
Just one thing: It's very brown. I hope you what that means: -10 mainstream cool points for being too brown.

elander_

Arbiter
cardtrick said:
If people really want other interfaces later, I imagine they can figure out a way to mod them in.

That would also do, if there is a way to mod it. I'm not talking about an editor like tescs either but just being able to do it somehow. I imagine that moding this game would be a great point of interest in buying it.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
A month after Age of Decadence comes out, Iron Tower Studio should release small, downloadable packages for sale on their website at $2.50 a pop starting with different interfaces. You could make millions - millions I tell you!

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Jedi_Learner said:
A month after Age of Decadence comes out, Iron Tower Studio should release small, downloadable packages for sale on their website at $2.50 a pop starting with different interfaces. You could make millions - millions I tell you!

Well... That's not a bad idea! :P j/k

Lumpy

Arcane
Claw said:
Elhoim said:
That's just VG Cats being stupid. They ought to be mocking idiotic mainstream conventions, but it's well established that candyland is the colour scheme for the mainstream, aka Oblivion and Mass err, Fuck.
I know there is a review out there complaining about Gothic being too brown.
I'm pretty sure Morrowind has not once been described here as "brown shit".

cardtrick

Arbiter
Which is weird, because Morrowind is really more "gray shit." Or "grey shit," if you prefer.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Nah, you're right . . . I was being facetious. Morrowind actually has fantastic art direction. It is definitely more gray than brown, though.

Chefe

Erudite
The cracks are a little too prominent.

But besides that, it looks fucking awesome :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom